ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

herrrr

Quick Questions about Referees

Post by herrrr » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:03 am

Hi All

I have had a look at the ‘frequently asked questions ‘ on this board but wasn’t sure I have found my answer.
I wanted to ask a couple of quick questions about referees.
Firstly, re professional referee - can this referee be NOT professionally related to me, e.g. a GP friend but not my GP?

Secondly, re personal referee - can this referee be a naturalised British citizen?

Many thanks for your kind replies.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Quick Questions about Referees

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:13 am

1. Yes, friends can be referees.
2. Yes

From the guidance:
-One referee should be a person of any nationality who has professional standing, such as a minister of religion, civil servant, or a member of a professional body such as an accountant or solicitor (who is not representing you with this application).
-The other referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

herrrr

Re: Quick Questions about Referees

Post by herrrr » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:28 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply!

herrrr

Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

Post by herrrr » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:54 pm

Hi All

I know this question has been asked before, but may I still have some clarification on this one - does student visa really count towards ‘immigration applications’? Or ‘immigration’ means something more generic here.

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:58 pm

herrrr wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:54 pm
Hi All

I know this question has been asked before, but may I still have some clarification on this one - does student visa really count towards ‘immigration applications’? Or ‘immigration’ means something more generic here.

Thank you!
It is not "generic". The question asks for ALL immigration applications. Student visa is an immigration application. Immigration = ANY visa/ILR!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

herrrr

Post by herrrr » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:58 pm
herrrr wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:54 pm
Hi All

Thank you!
It is not "generic". The question asks for ALL immigration applications. Student visa is an immigration application. Immigration = ANY visa/ILR!!
Hi, thank you for your quick reply!
Sorry what I meant was if ‘immigration’ here means something more general (as you said, any visa applications), rather than meaning the applications to ‘settle down’ in a country. Thanks.

herrrr

Post by herrrr » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:04 pm

Hi

Sorry I have another question related the immigration application history - if I don’t remember/can’t trace my exact application date can I only put month & year? Or if I thought I remembered the date correctly but turns out to put the inaccurate date, will it affect the application?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:34 pm

Give your best estimate from what you can remember - this is something that will not adversely impact you application.
It's quite common that many can't remember everything, especially if paperwork is patchy or lost.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

herrrr

Post by herrrr » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:08 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:34 pm
Give your best estimate from what you can remember - this is something that will not adversely impact you application.
It's quite common that many can't remember everything, especially if paperwork is patchy or lost.
Hi, thank you so much for your reply. Don’t know if you also know about the ‘application date’ - back in the days before UKVCAS, when there is still in-person submission available (premium service), what should be my application date? Is the date I made my appointment or the date of going to my appointment? I don’t think I submitted an online application form when I made my appointment, rather I brought all my forms to the premium centre on the day. Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:10 pm

The old premium service, the application date was the date of your appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:27 pm

herrrr wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:08 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
Hi, thank you so much for your reply. Don’t know if you also know about the ‘application date’ - back in the days before UKVCAS, when there is still in-person submission available (premium service), what should be my application date? Is the date I made my appointment or the date of going to my appointment? I don’t think I submitted an online application form when I made my appointment, rather I brought all my forms to the premium centre on the day. Thank you.
For online applications the application date is the date when you submit & pay online. The UKVCAS appointment is for biometrics only.

herrrr

Post by herrrr » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:10 pm
The old premium service, the application date was the date of your appointment.
Thank you for your response!

herrrr

Post by herrrr » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:33 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:27 pm
herrrr wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:08 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
For online applications the application date is the date when you submit & pay online. The UKVCAS appointment is for biometrics only.

Thank you for your response. I get a feeling that whenever we submit the form&pay is the date of application. So for the old premium service when I brought my paper form, the application date is the same as appointment date. When we use online form & pay application fees online it is the online submission date the application date.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:36 pm

Correct.

herrrr

Can you travel abroad using your current passport when the naturalisation is still in process?

Post by herrrr » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:19 pm

Hi All, I have a new question related, can you please help?
Can you travel abroad using your current passport when the naturalisation is still in process?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:21 pm

You are free to travel.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

herrrr

Post by herrrr » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:08 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:21 pm
You are free to travel.
Thank you for your fast response!

I was wondering if HO would want to take into account of those days I spend abroad after the submission of the application as absence.. I guess my question is will going abroad affect the application which is still in progress? Thank you.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:21 pm

The requirements relate to the days out of the country up to the application date, not after the date.
Travel out of the country does not impact the decision because naturalisation isn't an immigration application.

herrrr

Post by herrrr » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:34 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:21 pm
The requirements relate to the days out of the country up to the application date, not after the date.
Travel out of the country does not impact the decision because naturalisation isn't an immigration application.
Thank you very much for your explanation!