ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent request -Job creation

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

marcnath

Re: Tier 1 Enquiry Consent letter and documents required for dependent applications

Post by marcnath » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:44 am

abuhf wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:56 pm
Hi CR001

Thank you so much for enlighten

Just to reconfirm - I can transfer £200K next year if I want right ?
Yes. But you are expected to show you have had access to the funds you showed throughout - you cannot use it for anything else so there is really no advantage in not bringing it earlier.
abuhf wrote:

During extension / ILR will they ask for proof of transfer from My country to UK or they just need to see the proof of money invested from my savings to business account ?
They have the right to ask for any information. See above answer too.
abuhf wrote:
Sorry to repeat this question, there is no time limit to transfer funds from my country to UK right ?

Hope it’s not mandatory to transfer funds with in 6 months after grant of Initial visa right ?
Correct
abuhf wrote:

In regard to job , If I create two full time position of jobs lasting atleast 30 hours per week for same job title it it ok “ Two Sales assistant “

Kindly regards

Don't see why not.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Re: Tier 1 Enquiry Consent letter and documents required for dependent applications

Post by msx273 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:56 am

Hi Marcnath

Thank you so much for your revert

Could you please enlighten this “ Yes. But you are expected to show you have had access to the funds you showed throughout - you cannot use it for anything else so there is really no advantage in not bringing it earlier “

I have used some of the investment funds since it’s not required now to transfer now, but when I transfer from my country to uk , it will be in excess of 200k, kindly correct me of i’m Wrong

How to show that I have access to my funds throughout, is it by bank statement? Is it necessary to show My bank statement from my country for extending?

I’m may use my other bank account to transfer funds from my country to UK

Thanking you

Abuhf

quote=marcnath post_id=1874868 time=1580719471 user_id=76145]
abuhf wrote:
Hi CR001

Thank you so much for enlighten

Just to reconfirm - I can transfer £200K next year if I want right ?
Yes. But you are expected to show you have had access to the funds you showed throughout - you cannot use it for anything else so there is really no advantage in not bringing it earlier.
abuhf wrote:

During extension / ILR will they ask for proof of transfer from My country to UK or they just need to see the proof of money invested from my savings to business account ?
They have the right to ask for any information. See above answer too.
abuhf wrote:
Sorry to repeat this question, there is no time limit to transfer funds from my country to UK right ?

Hope it’s not mandatory to transfer funds with in 6 months after grant of Initial visa right ?
Correct
abuhf wrote:

In regard to job , If I create two full time position of jobs lasting atleast 30 hours per week for same job title it it ok “ Two Sales assistant “

Kindly regards

Don't see why not.
[/quote]

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:45 am

abuhf wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:56 am
Hi Marcnath

Could you please enlighten this “ Yes. But you are expected to show you have had access to the funds you showed throughout - you cannot use it for anything else so there is really no advantage in not bringing it earlier “

I have used some of the investment funds since it’s not required now to transfer now, but when I transfer from my country to uk , it will be in excess of 200k, kindly correct me of i’m Wrong

How to show that I have access to my funds throughout, is it by bank statement? Is it necessary to show My bank statement from my country for extending?

Thanking you

Abuhf

The conditions of your visa requires you to "have access to the funds throughout until it is invested or spent in your business".

That means you should not have used it for anything else.

In this forum, I have not seen any rejections based on that nor have I seen anyone asked to provide proof for that. There are no documents specified, so you don't have to submit anything until asked. But, if asked, you will have to figure out how to prove it.

My personal opinion is that it is not something HO pays attention to on its own.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:51 am

Thank you Marcnath

I will transfer funds before end of this year

Since my present business doesn’t need any additional investment, I will transfer funds of £200K and invest in other businesses , I will create more jobs for settled and would like to contribute towards UK economy and job markets

marcnath wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:45 am
abuhf wrote:
Hi Marcnath

Thanking you

Abuhf

The conditions of your visa requires you to "have access to the funds throughout until it is invested or spent in your business".

In this forum, I have not seen any rejections based on that nor have I seen anyone asked to provide proof for that. There are no documents specified, so you don't have to submit anything until asked. But, if asked, you will have to figure out how to prove it.

My personal opinion is that it is not something HO pays attention to on its own.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:17 pm

Hi Marcnath,

Please advise me if my below is correct
abuhf wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:51 am
Thank you Marcnath

Since my present business doesn’t need any additional investment, I will transfer funds of £200K and invest in other businesses , I will create more jobs for settled and would like to contribute towards UK economy and job markets

marcnath wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:45 am
abuhf wrote:
Hi Marcnath

Thanking you

Abuhf

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:30 am

abuhf wrote:
Thank you Marcnath

ok

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:50 am

Thank you so much Marcnath, I will take your ok as yes

Thank you for continued support
marcnath wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:30 am
abuhf wrote:
Thank you Marcnath

ok

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:23 pm

Dear Mods and Experts,

I take medication here in UK and based on my medication, I been issued with Medical Excemption card, as a result i get my medicines free, do you think it will cause any issue during ILR / Extension stage.

Please clarify

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:48 pm

abuhf wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:23 pm
Dear Mods and Experts,

I take medication here in UK and based on my medication, I been issued with Medical Excemption card, as a result i get my medicines free, do you think it will cause any issue during ILR / Extension stage.

Please clarify
No!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:31 pm

Thank you CR001
CR001 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:48 pm
abuhf wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:23 pm
Dear Mods and Experts,

Please clarify
No!

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:03 am

Dear Experts and Mods,

I need some advice

I applied for tier 1 entrepreneur visa 200k route and the source of funding is my own money not third party.

Now can I involve third party ( friends or family ) to fund me with £200k, is it allowed ?

If yes what documents they need to give me ?

Can I ask them to transfer money from their business and personal account in UAE and Singapore to my uk saving account is it ok ?

My concern is when i applied I used my own savings and now if involve third party to fund me is it ok ??

Will there be any questions during extension / ilr stage

Please help, I need your valuable support

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:51 pm

abuhf wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:03 am
Dear Experts and Mods,

I need some advice

I applied for tier 1 entrepreneur visa 200k route and the source of funding is my own money not third party.

Now can I involve third party ( friends or family ) to fund me with £200k, is it allowed ?

Can I ask them to transfer money from their business and personal account in UAE and Singapore to my uk saving account is it ok ?

My concern is when i applied I used my own savings and now if involve third party to fund me is it ok ??

No, you can't. The immigration rules do not allow for third party funding (except for VC).

Third party funding at the application stage is only to show you have access to the money - they are still expected to give you the money to invest it yourself.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:25 am

Hi Marcnath

May be I was not too clear in explaining,

What exactly I mean was when I applied for the 1 I used my savings but now i’m asking if my friend or relative transfer £200k from abroad to my uk saving account, can I Transfer it as directors loans and use it ??

Please advice

quote=marcnath post_id=1881014 time=1582149066 user_id=76145]
abuhf wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:03 am
Dear Experts and Mods,

I need some advice

No, you can't. The immigration rules do not allow for third party funding (except for VC).

Third party funding at the application stage is only to show you have access to the money - they are still expected to give you the money to invest it yourself.
[/quote]

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:38 am

abuhf wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:25 am
Hi Marcnath

What exactly I mean was when I applied for the 1 I used my savings but now i’m asking if my friend or relative transfer £200k from abroad to my uk saving account, can I Transfer it as directors loans and use it ??

Please advice
Yes, it is not clear.
It would be useful to understand why you are doing this.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:55 pm

Hi Marcnath,

Due to situation in India, it’s difficult to transfer funds so I’m asking my friends and family in Singapore and Dubai to transfer funds to me as a gift , is there any specific documents we need to get from them ( my friends and family who give gift )

My uncle is happy to gift me due to the present situation back in India, its difficult to transfer funds outside country

My uncle and my cousin has business in UAE and Singaore, and they are happy to transfer from his business account in UAE or Singapore to my savings account in UK

Please assist

marcnath wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:38 am
abuhf wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:25 am
Hi Marcnath

Please advice
Yes, it is not clear.
It would be useful to understand why you are doing this.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:15 pm

abuhf wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:55 pm
Hi Marcnath,

Due to situation in India, it’s difficult to transfer funds so I’m asking my friends and family in Singapore and Dubai to transfer funds to me as a gift , is there any specific documents we need to get from them ( my friends and family who give gift )

My uncle is happy to gift me due to the present situation back in India, its difficult to transfer funds outside country

My uncle and my cousin has business in UAE and Singaore, and they are happy to transfer from his business account in UAE or Singapore to my savings account in UK

Please assist

In principle, if they are transferring the funds to your personal account in UK, from where you transfer the funds to your business account, it satisfies the requirement of the immigration rules. There is no direct condition that the funds you showed is the one you should invest.

However, in some cases, HO has asked applicants about the source of funds and if they do that, you will end up having to do a lot of explaining. Clearly, as part of the application, you have submitted documents confirming that the money can be freely transferred to UK. I have not heard of any new rules in India that changes that, but if that is the case, be prepared to provide that evidence.

You, of course, may also be required to show evidence that you have maintained access to the funds you showed until the date it was invested in the business - that is a requirement under the immigration rules.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:19 am

Dear Marcnath,

Thank you so much for enlightening, please clarify the below

For " You, of course, may also be required to show evidence that you have maintained access to the funds you showed until the date it was invested in the business - that is a requirement under the immigration rules " - ---------- Since the ILR / Extension is after 3 years, how can we show the evidence that we maintained access to funds if I close my Indian bank account after i transfer the funds to UK , please assist.

Example - If I have started using my funds in India but i will transfer excess of GBP 200,000 before end of this year is it OK , can we take money out and depoisit back in same account before transfer ?
marcnath wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:15 pm
abuhf wrote:
Hi Marcnath,

Please assist

In principle, if they are transferring the funds to your personal account in UK, from where you transfer the funds to your business account, it satisfies the requirement of the immigration rules. There is no direct condition that the funds you showed is the one you should invest.

However, in some cases, HO has asked applicants about the source of funds and if they do that, you will end up having to do a lot of explaining. Clearly, as part of the application, you have submitted documents confirming that the money can be freely transferred to UK. I have not heard of any new rules in India that changes that, but if that is the case, be prepared to provide that evidence.

You, of course, may also be required to show evidence that you have maintained access to the funds you showed until the date it was invested in the business - that is a requirement under the immigration rules.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:16 pm

Hi Marcnath

Please enlighten ☺️

quote=abuhf post_id=1881426 time=1582244383 user_id=214541]
Dear Marcnath,

For " You, of course, may also be required to show evidence that you have maintained access to the funds you showed until the date it was invested in the business - that is a requirement under the immigration rules " - ---------- Since the ILR / Extension is after 3 years, how can we show the evidence that we maintained access to funds if I close my Indian bank account after i transfer the funds to UK , please assist.

Example - If I have started using my funds in India but i will transfer excess of GBP 200,000 before end of this year is it OK , can we take money out and depoisit back in same account before transfer ?
marcnath wrote:
abuhf wrote:
Hi Marcnath,

Please assist

[/quote]

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:31 pm

abuhf wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:19 am
Dear Marcnath,

marcnath wrote:
abuhf wrote:
Hi Marcnath,

Please assist

Not sure I understand - once you transfer the funds to UK, you don't any evidence from the Indian bank. You only need the evidence until you do the transfer and I am sure you can get that from the bank.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:34 pm

Hi Marcnath

Thank you for your revert

Once we transferred funds from my country to UK , it’s not mandatory to show the bank account from back home during extension / ilr stage right ?

I may close my bank account in India after transferring funds to UK, Do you think home office will ask for old bank statements??

Please assist , I want to be very diligent in each and every step I take , don’t want to leave even single stone unturned

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:12 pm

abuhf wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:34 pm
Hi Marcnath

Once we transferred funds from my country to UK , it’s not mandatory to show the bank account from back home during extension / ilr stage right ?

I may close my bank account in India after transferring funds to UK, Do you think home office will ask for old bank statements??

Please assist , I want to be very diligent in each and every step I take , don’t want to leave even single stone unturned
Yes, they have the right to ask for old bank statements - I have no idea if they will ask for it.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:32 pm

Thank you so much Marcnath, you mean they can still ask for old bank statements for proof of transfer from My country to uk

I’m going to close my account after tranferring funds to uk , so how can we provide bank statements when account is closed ?

Is it there on immigration rules to ask the prooof of transfer and bank statements from my country to uk

Please assist

quote=marcnath post_id=1882231 time=1582485164 user_id=76145]
abuhf wrote:
Hi Marcnath

Yes, they have the right to ask for old bank statements - I have no idea if they will ask for it.
[/quote]

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:07 am

abuhf wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:32 pm
Thank you so much Marcnath, you mean they can still ask for old bank statements for proof of transfer from My country to uk

I’m going to close my account after tranferring funds to uk , so how can we provide bank statements when account is closed ?

Is it there on immigration rules to ask the prooof of transfer and bank statements from my country to uk

Please assist

marcnath wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:12 pm
abuhf wrote:
Hi Marcnath

I don't understand your problem. You can, of course, get statements before the account is closed. I assume you are getting regular statements.

Most banks also give you old statements after the accounts are closed. They may charge you for it nominally.

The immigration rules allow HO to ask for any relevant documents for clarification - they don't specify each type of document.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:17 am

Hi Marcnath,

The problem is I have used some amount of investment funds from bank account which I showed for visa, but I will transfer it Back to my account and transfer amount in excess of £200k before end of this year , is there any concerns?

Please assist
marcnath wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:07 am
abuhf wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:32 pm

Please assist

marcnath wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:12 pm
abuhf wrote:
Hi Marcnath

I don't understand your problem. You can, of course, get statements before the account is closed. I assume you are getting regular statements.

Most banks also give you old statements after the accounts are closed. They may charge you for it nominally.

The immigration rules allow HO to ask for any relevant documents for clarification - they don't specify each type of document.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:28 am

abuhf wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:17 am
Hi Marcnath,

The problem is I have used some amount of investment funds from bank account which I showed for visa, but I will transfer it Back to my account and transfer amount in excess of £200k before end of this year , is there any concerns?

Please assist

Not sure what assistance I can provide.

Rule 245D(c) is very clear.

money remaining available to the applicant until such time as it is spent for the purposes of his business or businesses:
(i) ‘Available’ means that the funds are:
(1) in the applicant’s own possession,
(2) in the financial accounts of the UK business(es) which they are relying on to claim points, or
(3) available from the third party or parties named in the application under the terms of the declaration(s) referred to in paragraph 41(a)(vi) of Appendix A.

However, your extension application or ILR application does not require you to submit any documents to show that you meet the condition.

And so far, I have not come across a case in this forum where HO has asked for it or used it as a reason for rejection. Though there have been cases where HO has asked people to show the source of the funding they used for investing.

There is nothing you can do about it since you have already used the funds for other purposes. So, you may just want to hope that there is nothing that makes HO want to look in more detail on the funds.