ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retained rights of residence

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JuliaT20
Newly Registered
Belarus

Retained rights of residence

Post by JuliaT20 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:33 pm

Hi,
I applied for a retained rights of residence after the divorce with a EU family member.
After 5 and a half months I received my new residence card. On the face side of RC in Type of permit section, it says "Family member - EU residence". On the back side, in remarks it says "EU right to reside"
Shouldn't it say "retained right of residence"?

I have a gut feeling that the HO gave me wrong status.

Please can anyone, who has retained rights of residence status, check their biometric cards? What does it say in type of permit field ? and on the back in remarks field?

Many thanks
Julia

Obie
Ireland

Re: Retained rights of residence

Post by Obie » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:55 pm

It is correct status, that is what they do for everyone.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

SZYMON
Newly Registered
Albania

Re: Retained rights of residence

Post by SZYMON » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:27 am

JuliaT20 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:33 pm
Hi,
I applied for a retained rights of residence after the divorce with a EU family member.
After 5 and a half months I received my new residence card. On the face side of RC in Type of permit section, it says "Family member - EU residence". On the back side, in remarks it says "EU right to reside"
Shouldn't it say "retained right of residence"?

I have a gut feeling that the HO gave me wrong status.

Please can anyone, who has retained rights of residence status, check their biometric cards? What does it say in type of permit field ? and on the back in remarks field?

Many thanks
Julia
Before start for divorce you was hold pre-settled? ?