ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can you sponsor non British adult children after acquiring British nationality?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

robin12345
Newly Registered
Ireland

Can you sponsor non British adult children after acquiring British nationality?

Post by robin12345 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:10 pm

Hi all,

My dad has been in UK for couple of years and soon he will be able to apply his settled status. I was wondering if he can sponsor his son who is over 18 and over 21 to UK from outside UK and EU ? what are the options he has to bring his son to UK to join him ?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can you sponsor non British adult children after acquiring British nationality?

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:14 pm

Thought you were married to an EU citizen??

eea-route-applications/can-non-eu-famil ... l#p1755722

What is the fathers current nationality??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Re: Can you sponsor non British adult children after acquiring British nationality?

Post by secret.simon » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:26 pm

robin12345 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:10 pm
My dad has been in UK for couple of years and soon he will be able to apply his settled status. I was wondering if he can sponsor his son who is over 18 and over 21 to UK from outside UK and EU ? what are the options he has to bring his son to UK to join him ?
Not if he is a solely British citizen or a British/non-EEA citizen.

Under certain conditions, he could if he were a non-British EEA citizen or a British/EEA citizen and the adult children were dependent on him.

That is why CR001's question above about what your father's current nationalities are.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.