ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for me and my family

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

univ
Newly Registered
India

ILR for me and my family

Post by univ » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:50 pm

I have a Tier 2 General visa, and have been staying in UK from November 2015. My wife and two children have Tier 2 dependent visa, and have joined me in UK in April 2016. My children will be 20 years and 18 years by October of this year.
Do they become eligible to apply for ILR along with me in November 2020? or should I take an extension for the Tier 2 General Visa - and apply after they complete the 5 year stay?

Thank you for your clarification in advance.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR for me and my family

Post by zimba » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:52 pm

univ wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:50 pm
I have a Tier 2 General visa, and have been staying in UK from November 2015. My wife and two children have Tier 2 dependent visa, and have joined me in UK in April 2016. My children will be 20 years and 18 years by end of this year.
Do they become eligible to apply for ILR along with me in November 2020? or should I take an extension for the Tier 2 General Visa - and apply after they complete the 5 year stay?

Thank you for your clarification in advance.
There is no 5 years requirement for children. Non UK born children follow the immigration path of the less privileged parent. They can get ILR with your wife (when both parents are settled). They are adults now and so they must prove that they are not living an independent life at the time of ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

univ
Newly Registered
India

Post by univ » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:58 pm

Thank you Zimba for the clarification.
So - it is possible to apply for ILR for all of us in Nov 2020 then?

Thank you again.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:37 am

univ wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:58 pm
Thank you Zimba for the clarification.
So - it is possible to apply for ILR for all of us in Nov 2020 then?

Thank you again.
NO. When I said there is no 5 year requirement, I was specifically talking about the children's application and requirement. The 5 year requirement still applies to your wife. Your children and wife will all need to apply together in 2021. Only you will qualify in 2020
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice