ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set(M) Form question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jtcshek
Newly Registered

ILR Set(M) Form question

Post by jtcshek » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:57 am

Hi there

Sorry if my questions have been asked and answered before but my search of the forum have not turn up anything on this.

I am in the process of applying for my wife and step-son's indefinite Leave to Remain using the online SET(M) form. They arrived in the UK in January 2015 so have been in the country for more than 5 years now. During this time we have another 2 children one in 2015 and one in 2019, both have British Citizenship through me as I am a British Citizen.

The questions I have are:

1. Is my understanding is correct that since my step-son was granted leave the enter and subsequent extension to remain when he was 14 years old. even though he have just recently turned 19 and still living with us and is not living a independent life we can include him as a dependent on the ILR application?

2. As both our younger children are British Citizen I assume we do not need to included them in this application?

3. Under the Finance section for the form the Financial Requirement Threshold that was calculated by the system show that we only need to meet £18,600.00. Which is the threshold for an applicant with no children. Is this because my Step-son is now 19 years old and is not used to calculate the income threshold?

Many thanks

Jason

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Set(M) Form question

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:06 pm

1. Is my understanding is correct that since my step-son was granted leave the enter and subsequent extension to remain when he was 14 years old. even though he have just recently turned 19 and still living with us and is not living a independent life we can include him as a dependent on the ILR application?
Correct.
2. As both our younger children are British Citizen I assume we do not need to included them in this application?
Named where asked but not as applicants.
3. Under the Finance section for the form the Financial Requirement Threshold that was calculated by the system show that we only need to meet £18,600.00. Which is the threshold for an applicant with no children. Is this because my Step-son is now 19 years old and is not used to calculate the income threshold?
You need £22,400 for spouse and step son.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jtcshek
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Set(M) Form question

Post by jtcshek » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:38 pm

Hi Char

Many thanks for your reply to my questions.
You need £22,400 for spouse and step son.
Is strange the system have not calculated the Financial Requirement Threshold correctly as it is only showing £18,600 and not £22,400 as you say and there is no way for me to update that since it is all calculated for you by the system.

Will check on the dependent entry for my son again, just in case I have missed something.

Thank you for your help with my questions.

Regards

Jason