ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Complex Letter Received

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lily2013

Tier 2 dependent application Varied to ILR but just received BRP for first application

Post by lily2013 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:44 pm

Hello Everyone,
Many thanks for the good work! Your advice has been invaluable to me with my applications over the years.

Once more I need your advise with my situation. Last month August 13th I applied as a Tier 2 dependent just to take me to complete my 10 years requirement for ILR. Sept 13th I then Varied the application by applying online for SET (LR) just to vary the first application.

I have booked Biometrics for next week and even uploaded all my documents a few days ago only to receive a card from DX to arrange a redelivery ( I suspect is my BRP for my first Tier 2 dependent application) followed by a letter of approval from HO dated 25th Sept from Royal Mail. This means a decision was only made a few days ago but my new application was on 13th Sept clearly before they made the decision.

Please seniors what do I do now? I still have the Biometrics booked for the SETLR do I go for it? How do I contact HO to know my next step?

Awaiting for your response please. Thanks in advance

Best Regard
Lily

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 dependent application Varied to ILR but just received BRP for first application

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:02 pm

On what date did you enter the UK in 2009?? You were asked this in 2017 but you ignored the question.

What date did you submit and attend the UKCVAS appointment for your dependent visa?

What date did you apply online for SET(LR)?

Why didn't you book an earlier biometric appointment for SET(LR)?? Your application is only valid once biometrics are submitted and UKCVAS submits your whole application.

Did you state in SET(LR) that you have a pending application?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lily2013

Re: Tier 2 dependent application Varied to ILR but just received BRP for first application

Post by lily2013 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:11 pm

Hello

Thanks for your prompt reply. First entry was Oct 8 2009

I submitted dependent visa on 13th August and attended Biometrics on 3oth August.

I applied for Set(LR) on Sept 13th - within the 28 days before first date of entry.

I don't know if you are aware but it is not easy to get appointment on the new service. The earliest I got is October 5th but as date isn't convenient I went with Oct 11th.

Yes I did mention on the application that I already have an outstanding application and even provided the reference with my new application.

Waiting for your response
thanks

lily2013

Post by lily2013 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:02 pm
On what date did you enter the UK in 2009?? You were asked this in 2017 but you ignored the question.

What date did you submit and attend the UKCVAS appointment for your dependent visa?

What date did you apply online for SET(LR)?

Why didn't you book an earlier biometric appointment for SET(LR)?? Your application is only valid once biometrics are submitted and UKCVAS submits your whole application.

Did you state in SET(LR) that you have a pending application?
Hello

Thanks for your prompt reply. First entry was Oct 8 2009

I submitted dependent visa on 13th August and attended Biometrics on 3oth August.

I applied for Set(LR) on Sept 13th - within the 28 days before first date of entry.

I don't know if you are aware but it is not easy to get appointment on the new service. The earliest I got is October 5th but as date isn't convenient I went with Oct 11th.

Yes I did mention on the application that I already have an outstanding application and even provided the reference with my new application.

Waiting for your response
thanks

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:52 am

lily2013 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:27 pm
Was the fee for the variation been debited?
The biometrics should not be relevant but the application is not valid till biometrics is submitted.
But that should be the reason.
You should complain providing evidences.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... pdf#page16

lily2013

Post by lily2013 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:25 am

aman90 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:52 am
lily2013 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:27 pm
Was the fee for the variation been debited?
The biometrics should not be relevant but the application is not valid till biometrics is submitted.
But that should be the reason.
You should complain providing evidences.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... pdf#page16
Thanks aman90, for your comments. Yes money has long left my account. I too didn't think that the biometrics is relevant in the variation process. I read the same doc you've provided in the link. Yes we need to give biometrics for them to progress our application but no mention in the document that biometrics needs to be given before a decision is made for the application to be a variation.

Don't forget that with the old process, I should have received a biometrics letter a week after I made the application and would have done it by now at the local post office.

Please do you or anyone have an email contact for the case worker or home office that I can make a complain?

Looking forward to your response

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:41 am

What is the date of issue on the brp card your received?

Did you perhaps receive any letter or an email (check junk folder) to clarify which application to proceed with?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lily2013

Post by lily2013 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:11 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:41 am

Did you perhaps receive any letter or an email (check junk folder) to clarify which application to proceed with?
I missed the DX delivery so I haven't seen the brp card yet but I did receive a letter from Home Office yesterday. Tt's for the tier 2 dependent application saying it's been approved. So definitely it was the tier 2 dependent that was processed not the ILR. Letter was dated 25th September so I reckon the start date can't be too far off

Please any email contact/telephone so I can contact the Home office?

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:30 pm

lily2013 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:11 pm
CR001 wrote:

I missed the DX delivery so I haven't seen the brp card yet but I did receive a letter from Home Office yesterday. Tt's for the tier 2 dependent application saying it's been approved. So definitely it was the tier 2 dependent that was processed not the ILR. Letter was dated 25th September so I reckon the start date can't be too far off

Is there no address or email on the approval letter?

A quick google search comes up with this and seems the likely route to follow
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

lily2013

Post by lily2013 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:46 pm

aman90 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:30 pm
lily2013 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:11 pm
CR001 wrote:

Is there no address or email on the approval letter?

A quick google search comes up with this and seems the likely route to follow

Thanks again for your reply. Only email/contact details on letter is for reporting if your BRP doesn't turn up within 10 working days. I have looked at the link and it appears to be a more general email/telephone contact. I know some people in this forum have mentioned that they were able to contact their case workers directly??? Not sure If anyone knows please shout
Thanks for your help aman09, much appreciated

lily2013

Complex Letter Received

Post by lily2013 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:39 pm

Hi Everyone,

I just received a complex letter advising that they are not able to meet the 6 months target for standard application because they are waiting for a response from another govt dept or agency to verify some information or documents that I have provided. Advised a decision would be made by 27th May ( Oh no more waiting ..)

Here is my timeline

Oct 9th 2009 first entered on student visa
Post Study work visa 2010
Tier 1 Visa successful after appeal
Extended tier 1 visa successful no issues
Switched to Tier 2 dependent as didn't meet up required for ILR Tier 1 and needed to close gap for 10 years long residency
Varied tier 2 dependent application to ILR 10 years on Sept 13th 2019
Received tier 2 dependent decision on 24th Sept - BRP card but yet to submit biometrics for ILR application
Submitted ILR biometrics on Oct 11 2019 with cover letter explaining that this is variation of the tier 2 application which unfortunately although submitted before a decision was made but biometrics not enrolled because of no free appointment available until Oct 11
Received complex letter dated 18th February
I'm not sure what they are verifying as no gaps as didn't travel much over the 10 years period so time out of the UK was just 4 lines

Is there more to ILR? I submitted Life in the UK test results and my UK degree certificate even though not needed as already used for tier 1.

Any one had this experience please share or advise
Looking forward to hearing soon

Thanks