ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 5 YMS (Hong Kong) timeline - can anyone post theirs?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xachalexson
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Tier 5 YMS (Hong Kong) timeline - can anyone post theirs?

Post by xachalexson » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:43 pm

Hey guys. I'm really very nervous and stressed at this situation because I am still waiting for my Tier 5 YMS visa to be approved and have a decision made. I have submitted my biometrics on the 18th of Feb, and as said by my consultant it is within 10 - 15 working days. I have set my intended date to be on the 10th March, as it is extremely important and I have some personal work I have to conduct over there. I have yet to hear anything back from them and based on the timelines and forums that I've read about the visa, it varies a lot on how long their passport is returned back to them.
My passport has been sent to UKVI in Manila for processing and consideration as it is closest to Hong Kong within Asia. Could anyone please post a timeline/their experience of how long it usually takes to apply for this visa?

Thank you all in advance.

EDIT: Calculating from what the lady at the VFS centre had told me, the day after I submitted my biometrics counts as the first working day. As a result, it is on the 19th that will be the first working day - and 10th is the 15th working day. What if I only get my passport after my intended travelling date? Far as I know, you have to take your BRP vignette sticker 10 days of when you said you would arrive in the UK.