ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Starting IEC visa then leaving

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

exxtreme_croquet
Newly Registered
Australia

Starting IEC visa then leaving

Post by exxtreme_croquet » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:11 pm

Hi all,

Earlier in 2019 I submitted an application for a Canadian IEC Work Experience Visa, and was sent a letter stating that it had been approved, and that I had until 17 June 2020 to enter Canada and begin the visa.

For various complicated reasons, I want to delay the start date beyond then, and instead move to Canada later in 2020, e.g. December.

I'm currently living in London.

So I'm thinking of flying in to Toronto early in June, just to get the visa started, and then flying back to London and continuing there until December 2020, at which time I would leave London and properly move to Canada.

Do you foresee any risks in doing this?
Are there any rules in Canadian immigration law against this?
E.g. are you supposed to permanently move to Canada immediately upon receiving the visa? Or do they allow you to come and go as you please, as long as it's within a 12 or 24 month period of the start date?

Your guidance and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading!