ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

willian
Newly Registered

English language requirement

Post by willian » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:45 pm

Dear all,
I'm here again. I seem to be a lot restless as my visa expiration date draws closer. Today's question is regarding the English language requirement. I passed (with a distinction) the B1 graded examination in spoken English (GESE) test offered by Trinity College London in 2017. I sat for this exam at the Trinity London Holborn SELT Centre but the centre is no longer in the list of approved SELT test centres in the UK. Does this mean my certificate is now invalid? Please help so I can take the necessary step before it's too late.

willian
Newly Registered

Re: English language requirement

Post by willian » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:33 am

Somebody please help!

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:40 am

Has the Home Office already accepted the certificate as part of a successful previous application?
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

willian
Newly Registered

Post by willian » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:53 am

geoeng wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:40 am
Has the Home Office already accepted the certificate as part of a successful previous application?
Yes, the certificate was accepted as part of my first FLR(M) application in 2017. However, the certificate has now lapsed 2 years and the examination centre has moved to a different location. Can I still use this certificate as part of my renewal application?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:22 pm

willian wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:53 am
geoeng wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:40 am
Yes, the certificate was accepted as part of my first FLR(M) application in 2017. However, the certificate has now lapsed 2 years and the examination centre has moved to a different location. Can I still use this certificate as part of my renewal application?
Change of location of test centre shouldn't be an issue. So as long as the test centre is on list then it should be accepted provided the certificate contain ukvi unique reference number.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

willian
Newly Registered

Application date

Post by willian » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:45 pm

Dear all,
I am currently assembling my documents as my visa expiry date (9th April) draws nearer and I intend to apply within the 28-day window using a super-priority appointment. So far, I have made considerable progress and should now embark on applying soon. However, I am not too familiar with the whole online application stuff. Question is, If I submit today and book my biometric for, let's say the 13th of March, which day will be considered the application date; today or the 13th of March? Secondly, how easy is it to book a super-priority appointment? Thanks for your contributions.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:53 pm

Date if application is the date you submit and pay online. Your ukcvas biometric appointment date is irrelevant and can be after visa expiry.

How easy appointments are to get depend on your location and what ukcvas appointment type you pay for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

willian
Newly Registered

Post by willian » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:04 pm

Thanks for the quick response, CR001