ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Tier 2 General Visa after One Year Cool Off Period from Same sponsor(Earlier was on Tier 2 ICT Visa Type)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

harshjain2k
Newly Registered
India

Applying Tier 2 General Visa after One Year Cool Off Period from Same sponsor(Earlier was on Tier 2 ICT Visa Type)

Post by harshjain2k » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:38 am

I was in UK for 5 years from March 2014 till March 2019 on Tier 2 ICT Visa , currently serving one year cool off period.I am working with same company the one who sponsored last Tier 2 ICT and they are planning to apply for Tier 2 General Visa once my cool off period will be complete by End of March 2020.
I have few queries:-

1) Can I apply for Tier 2 general Visa from same sponsor now after completing 5 years on Tier 2 ICT Visa + one year cool off period.(Total experience with current company is around 8 years)
2) Or Do i have to again go on Tier 2 ICT visa as someone suggesting that i can't apply for Tier 2 General visa from same sponsor as i was with them since long and General Visa require a fresh hire from India based on Job Requirement(Who has completed less than one year with current sponsor).

Can some one please let me know the exact scenario as I want to go on Tier 2 General Visa instead of Tier 2 ICT now?

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: Applying Tier 2 General Visa after One Year Cool Off Period from Same sponsor(Earlier was on Tier 2 ICT Visa Type)

Post by gag285 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:40 am

There is no such rule. The only possible sticky situation could be, RLMT for your Tier 2 General could seem like you are pre-selected. Is your job on Shortage Occupation List?

harshjain2k
Newly Registered
India

Re: Applying Tier 2 General Visa after One Year Cool Off Period from Same sponsor(Earlier was on Tier 2 ICT Visa Type)

Post by harshjain2k » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:50 am

gag285 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:40 am
There is no such rule. The only possible sticky situation could be, RLMT for your Tier 2 General could seem like you are pre-selected. Is your job on Shortage Occupation List?
Thanks for Reply, Yes my Job is under Shortage Occupation List.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:04 pm

You have nothing to worry about then. You can definitely apply for Tier 2 General provided you meet the conditions. Your current employment or its length has no bearing on the outcome.

harshjain2k
Newly Registered
India

Post by harshjain2k » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:19 am

gag285 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:04 pm
You have nothing to worry about then. You can definitely apply for Tier 2 General provided you meet the conditions. Your current employment or its length has no bearing on the outcome.
Thanks for update.