ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visit visa req

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Family visit visa req

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:46 pm

waheed wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:03 pm
Hello Seniors,

Please can someone clarify as I am preparing the documents for my mother's visit visa from Pakistan.

She will mention in the application that she intends to stay for a maximum 4 weeks/ 1 month.

My query is
How long will the visit visa will be granted?

Will it be for 6 months and a single entry ?

or

Will it be for 2 years and multiple entry.

Thanks in advance
Believe You get to select the duration of visit visa you are applying for as the fees varies.
Of first time visit application, reasonable to honor the 6 months and never saw any that is not multiple entry.
After the first one, subsequent visit visa can no be 2,5 years as applicable or still 6 months if you so wish.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:20 pm

Someone from my own family applied for a visa for 2 weeks. He got 6 months / multiple and came in for 2 weeks.

A few months later, he decided to come again for a week with the same visa.

A year later he applied again for a 6 months visa that was granted without issues.

Don't over think it. Declare your projects truthfully but as any genuine project, they might change a little. If you said 3 weeks and you stay 4 or 2, it's fine. The only thing to avoid is to stay for extensive periods then leave the UK and come back quickly.

waheed
Mood:

Post by waheed » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:37 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:20 pm
Someone from my own family applied for a visa for 2 weeks. He got 6 months / multiple and came in for 2 weeks.

A few months later, he decided to come again for a week with the same visa.

A year later he applied again for a 6 months visa that was granted without issues.

Don't over think it. Declare your projects truthfully but as any genuine project, they might change a little. If you said 3 weeks and you stay 4 or 2, it's fine. The only thing to avoid is to stay for extensive periods then leave the UK and come back quickly.
Thanks for the clarification.