ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Massive Thank You All

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: HMO Licence, Please help

Post by seagul » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:42 pm

Manugmedia wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:48 pm
Hello Good People,

I sent an email to my Wife (Sponsor) landlord requesting for a letter of no objection and assistance in applying for property inspection report and he has replied as below:
Morning XXX,
Unfortunately, I do not have a HMO licence to allow 5 people to live at the property.
The limit for not needing a licence in the first place is a maximum of 4 people sharing in one property.
I could apply for a licence but there is a cost to do that, can we discuss as soon as possible, maybe this weekend?
Kind regards,
Basically the house is shared and only one room is occupied. we also don,t have intention of living there as we are planning to move to a two bed house once my visa is approved. I have checked the cost of the said HMO licence and its too expensive (£820).
Please someone help do i really need the licence? can property inspection be done without the licence and how can we approach this issue.
Any ideas will be highly appreciated.
Landlord is acting very responsibly because he/she don't want to breach the licensing criteria. If you still want to live at same place even for the visa purposes then of course will have to assist your landlord in buying the appropriate licence because that cost of licence will arise due to your circumstances. If you have no friend/family who can assist you in fulfilling this accomodation requirement then better to rent elsewhere.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Re: Landlord / Employer Letter, will it suffice?

Post by Manugmedia » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:56 pm

Hi Seagul,
Thank you so much for your comments. My wife has met the landlord and explained to him that we wont be living there permanently. She is the only one living at the property and the landlord is happy to let me stay there as we sort our own accommodation. He has consequently agreed to write me NOC letter and signed, however am not sure if we still need property inspection as My wife is the only tenant at the place ever since last September and he doesn't anticipate having any tenant. Part of the letter reads:
I, Landlord Name, can confirm that I am the landlord / Owner of the 4 bedroom property located at xxxxxx.

I can confirm there are 4 bedrooms, living room and two separate bathroom and toilet at this property.

I can confirm xxxx has lived in the property since January 2018 as a tenant and has never missed any rent payments...............................
Please advise your thoughts. Do we need inspection done or would this surface with a copy of the contract?
Thanks Seagul.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:40 pm

Manugmedia wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:56 pm
Hi Seagul,
Thank you so much for your comments. My wife has met the landlord and explained to him that we wont be living there permanently. She is the only one living at the property and the landlord is happy to let me stay there as we sort our own accommodation. He has consequently agreed to write me NOC letter and signed, however am not sure if we still need property inspection as My wife is the only tenant at the place ever since last September and he doesn't anticipate having any tenant. Part of the letter reads:
I, Landlord Name, can confirm that I am the landlord / Owner of the 4 bedroom property located at xxxxxx.

I can confirm there are 4 bedrooms, living room and two separate bathroom and toilet at this property.

I can confirm xxxx has lived in the property since January 2018 as a tenant and has never missed any rent payments...............................
Please advise your thoughts. Do we need inspection done or would this surface with a copy of the contract?
Thanks Seagul.
Previously you said that it is a shared accommodation but if not then property inspection wont be needed if your partner is not living with none-related adults. But also remember that UKVI can easily find out who else is living if someone is not supplying their name and assuming thats not in your case then you will only need tenancy agreement, landlord noc letter and if possible then a council tax bill.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:50 pm

Hi Seagul,

Yes i stated its shared as its designed as a shared accommodation, but only my wife occupies it at the moment as there has not been any other tenant since last September and with the housing slow down the landlord anticipates there wont be any other tenant soon.
I will talk to the landlord about property inspection as i think then its better be safe than sorry.

Thank you so much Seagul for your input. much appreciated.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Can Sponsor Pay Application and IHS fees?

Post by Manugmedia » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:53 pm

Hi All,

We are planning to submit spouse visa early next month and one question is, if i send my Wife (sponsor) the link and password to my application, would she be able to pay the fees and IHS from UK?
Please advise if this would work.

Thanks all

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Can Sponsor Pay Application and IHS fees?

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:04 pm

Manugmedia wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:53 pm
Hi All,

We are planning to submit spouse visa early next month and one question is, if i send my Wife (sponsor) the link and password to my application, would she be able to pay the fees and IHS from UK?
Please advise if this would work.

Thanks all
Yes, she would be able to do that. It's a online portal and once granted the access she can do same thing as you as per filling the form, payments etc.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:16 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:04 pm

Yes, she would be able to do that. It's a online portal and once granted the access she can do same thing as you as per filling the form, payments etc.
Thank you AmazonianX.
One more question once she pays does she have to logout for me will to book for bio metrics appointment.

Thanks lot

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:48 pm

She could, or she could book the appointment.

Anyone with access can book the appointment.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:07 pm

Thank you Korekt. Hope all goes well.

Rgds

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Employment contract Pay Rate Vs Pay Rate on Letter of Employer

Post by Manugmedia » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:00 pm

Hi All,

My wife started her job with her employer back in 2005 and her pay rate per hour is indicated as £7.20/Hr but employer letter stated £8.7/Hr, would this create any confusion to the entry clearing officer? or should we ask employer to give a contract amendment letter?

Thank you all

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Employment contract Pay Rate Vs Pay Rate on Letter of Employer

Post by Korekt » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:55 pm

Manugmedia wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:00 pm
Hi All,

My wife started her job with her employer back in 2005 and her pay rate per hour is indicated as £7.20/Hr but employer letter stated £8.7/Hr, would this create any confusion to the entry clearing officer? or should we ask employer to give a contract amendment letter?

Thank you all
Indicated where?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:59 pm

There is no requirement to submit an employment contract!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:00 pm

Sorry Korekt,

The contract states her per hour rate is £7.20 per hour, that was back in 2015, but she has been given a pay rise to £8.70 to date as indicted by the employer letter.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:00 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:59 pm
You are overthinking.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:02 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:59 pm
Thank you CR001,
Should i do away with the employment contract then? :? :?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:03 pm

It isn't required.

You only need payslips, bank statements and en employer letter (single page) containing your key current employment details and how long you have been employed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:05 pm

Thank you CR001,
Mind Rested now

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:17 pm

Manugmedia wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:00 pm
Sorry Korekt,

The contract states her per hour rate is £7.20 per hour, that was back in 2015, but she has been given a pay rise to £8.70 to date as indicted by the employer letter.
It shouldnt be a pay rise rather an annual rise towards national wage rate which will be £8.72 in April :lol:

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:21 pm

Hi Seagul,
Thank you so much for clarification. i guess i wont need to submit the contract then? in your opinion??

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:30 pm

Manugmedia wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:21 pm
Hi Seagul,
Thank you so much for clarification. i guess i wont need to submit the contract then? in your opinion??
No same as CR001 has already advised you.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:31 pm

Thank you Seagul,
I am easy now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:06 pm

Hi CR001 / Seagul,
I have been back on to the application and it states under:
Other documents

If you do not provide these documents, your application may be delayed or refused.
. A signed contract of employment - for xxxxxxx for xxxxxxxx Ltd.
. A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips confirming
1. the employment;
2. the gross annual salary;
3. how long the employment has been/was held;
4. the period over which the person has been paid the level of salary stated in their application; and
5. the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency) - for xxxxxxx for xxxxxx Ltd.
Am worried now? please help

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:34 pm

Manugmedia wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:06 pm
Hi CR001 / Seagul,
I have been back on to the application and it states under:
Other documents

If you do not provide these documents, your application may be delayed or refused.
. A signed contract of employment - for xxxxxxx for xxxxxxxx Ltd.
. A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips confirming
1. the employment;
2. the gross annual salary;
3. how long the employment has been/was held;
4. the period over which the person has been paid the level of salary stated in their application; and
5. the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency) - for xxxxxxx for xxxxxx Ltd.
Am worried now? please help
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf

Read page 38 of above as providing contract is not mandatory. Also a lot of employers now only issue a contract on very pages like a letter unlike in past where you receive bundle of pages.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

How to calculate sponsors annual income.

Post by Manugmedia » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:30 pm

Hi All,
Question:
What is their annual income before tax for this employment in GBP (£)?
How do we calculate annual income, is it simply adding up the 6 months and multiplying by 2 or do we go with last years P60 pay?

Also do we scan the whole of applicant passport even the blank pages without stamps?

Thank you all

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: How to calculate sponsors annual income.

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:20 pm

Manugmedia wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:30 pm
Hi All,
Question:
What is their annual income before tax for this employment in GBP (£)?
How do we calculate annual income, is it simply adding up the 6 months and multiplying by 2 or do we go with last years P60 pay?
Dont attach/follow P60 as the income showing on it is not relevant for visa purposes. If you have varying income then use following formula:
total of all income during the last 6 months /6*12=
Manugmedia wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:30 pm
Also do we scan the whole of applicant passport even the blank pages without stamps?
There are mixed experienced/opinions but better to scan all.