ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reapply to Tier 5 YMS with the same ballot???

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

desperation4928
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Reapply to Tier 5 YMS with the same ballot???

Post by desperation4928 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:52 am

I had received an invitation to apply to the YMS from Hong Kong, saying that this invitation will be cancelled if I hadn't applied online by the 30 MARCH 2020.

I submitted my biometrics today and basically completed my whole application. However I found that my e-financial statement wasn't stamped by the bank to confirm its authentic.

I know chances are my application will be rejected based on that.

I am wondering if I could withdraw this application now, and reapply using this same ballot allocated to me, as long as I withdraw my previous application, and resubmit a new application before 30 MARCH 2020, before my invitation to apply expires?

xachalexson
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Re: Reapply to Tier 5 YMS with the same ballot???

Post by xachalexson » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:10 pm

From Hong Kong here as well. Far as I know, you will be sent a letter/email stating that your application has been rejected because of your bank statement/other reasons. You can apply for an appeal if necessary/they might most likely ask you to just resubmit bank statements that need to be chopped.

What bank are you using for your bank statements? I use HSBC and I went to the one in Cityplaza with my authentic printed copy from my eBanking account. I asked for the staff to certify it, and the manager chopped and signed his name. My consultant told me not to have the date stamped on it, so be sure to tell him that too.

I used xxxxxxx and asked for abcdef as my immigration adviser/consultant. She is very professional and efficient. It costs 1500 for their service of checking and walking you through for a 12 month period, and 2500 for them to do all that and fill in the application for you.

Third party contact information relived by moderator I wish you all the best.

EDIT: Just read it - no, you cannot withdraw your application once your biometrics are done and submitted. It will be sent off to the UKVI right away for consideration. Unless you have cancelled your application before you have submitted your biometrics, then it is fine. But I think your chances are high of making it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:13 pm

xachalexson wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:10 pm
From Hong Kong here as well. Far as I know, you will be sent a letter/email stating that your application has been rejected because of your bank statement/other reasons. You can apply for an appeal if necessary/they might most likely ask you to just resubmit bank statements that need to be chopped.

What bank are you using for your bank statements? I use HSBC and I went to the one in Cityplaza with my authentic printed copy from my eBanking account. I asked for the staff to certify it, and the manager chopped and signed his name. My consultant told me not to have the date stamped on it, so be sure to tell him that too.

I used xxxxxxx and asked for abcdef as my immigration adviser/consultant. She is very professional and efficient. It costs 1500 for their service of checking and walking you through for a 12 month period, and 2500 for them to do all that and fill in the application for you.

EDIT: Just read it - no, you cannot withdraw your application once your biometrics are done and submitted. It will be sent off to the UKVI right away for consideration. Unless you have cancelled your application before you have submitted your biometrics, then it is fine. But I think your chances are high of making it.
You are NOT permitted to post any names or details of immigration advisors on the forum!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

xachalexson
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by xachalexson » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:05 pm

As per moderator instructed, please message me for details of my consultant.

desperation4928
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by desperation4928 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:04 am

xachalexson wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:10 pm

Hiya! Thank you so much for your offer to help!! I am currently figuring out how to private message on this forum, so I'll be in contact soon!

May ask where you got the information that I cannot withdraw my application once your biometrics are done? I spoke to UKVI and they said I could withdraw my application...

Again super grateful for your help!!

xachalexson
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by xachalexson » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:46 am

desperation4928 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:04 am

Hiya! Thank you so much for your offer to help!! I am currently figuring out how to private message on this forum, so I'll be in contact soon!

May ask where you got the information that I cannot withdraw my application once your biometrics are done? I spoke to UKVI and they said I could withdraw my application...

Again super grateful for your help!!
Hiya. My mistake. I have read it on the UKVI website that you are not able to get a refund after you have submitted the biometrics along with the application. But it is of course in the best-case scenario to be able to get your money back. But either way, just prepare your eStatement first with the bank manager's chopping and signature to prove that it is authentic. It costs £80 for an appeal without hearing, and £140 with hearing. About 850 and 1400 HKD respectively. But again, I do not think they would ask you to appeal; but rather just submit the missing documents as heard from my consultant from her experience before.

Just look up xxxxxxx on Google, the first will be your answer.
All the best mate!

xachalexson
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by xachalexson » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:35 am

Again, as masked by the moderator (I am very sorry for my constant postings that need to be masked, I am unaware of the rules as I cannot find them anywhere on the website), I would recommend going on xxx on the Hong Kong or xxxx. They have a lot more information and advice there, which I have gained quite much of my answers from.

Dear moderator, I hope this reference to another website is acceptable.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:43 am

xachalexson wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:35 am
Again, as masked by the moderator (I am very sorry for my constant postings that need to be masked, I am unaware of the rules as I cannot find them anywhere on the website), I would recommend going on xxx on the Hong Kong or xxxx. They have a lot more information and advice there, which I have gained quite much of my answers from.

Dear moderator, I hope this reference to another website is acceptable.
announcements/terms-conditions-t3.html
Administrator wrote:
Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:34 pm
This discussion board must not be used for advertising, to complain, or to insult other people in any way. The discussion is limited to immigration, visa and work permit related issues for a number of different Countries around the World. If the discussion board is abused in any way, we may track your IP address, and report you to your local internet service provider. We also reserve the right to take further action as appropriate.

This discussion forum is provided as a free service for visitors to our web-site. Any postings submitted to this forum can be accessed by anyone who visits our site. It should be stressed that workpermit.com does not control the postings on the message board and cannot be held accountable for the accuracy or otherwise of any messages posted.

Advice given by our consultants, lawyers, moderators and users on the message board can only be considered as general advice, and should not be relied on for any particular course of action. workpermit.com accepts no liability whatsoever for any messages posted on the message board.

Basic Rules for Members (and all other users):
  1. No negative comments about someone's nationality, race or religion.
  2. No advertising of commercial web-sites or social media links.
  3. There can be no 'discussion' or 'advice' regarding how to engage in illegal activities (such as but not limited to: how to illegally acquire copyrighted material, work permits, visas, passports or other documents), and no links to websites providing such information.
  4. No use of rude or inappropriate language. One must always treat fellow posters with respect.
  5. For your own safety, there should be no public posting of any personal contact information or social media links.
  6. Invitations to make direct personal contact are not permitted.
  7. No irritating posting styles, including use of all caps, excessive punctuation and unnecessary bunch of mood icons is allowed.
  8. You may discuss your personal experiences with various services, but you may NOT name them.
  9. The language of this board is English, and any posts not in English are liable to be deleted without notice.
  10. No invitations for financial/business partners are permitted (for any reason).
  11. Attempts to solicit financial partners to circumvent immigration law will not be tolerated
  12. Posts will not be deleted from the forum
www.workpermit.com keeps rights to ban any user, who will not follow these rules, and to edit/delete any inappropriate post without any warning.

Adminstrator
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

xachalexson
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by xachalexson » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:44 am

Understood. Thank you very much for the information.

OP, I wish you all the best. PM will be unlocked at 30 posts.