ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tier 2 General visa while on cooling off period in ICT Long term visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abvsvk1
Newly Registered
India

Applying for Tier 2 General visa while on cooling off period in ICT Long term visa

Post by abvsvk1 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:55 am

Hello,
I had Tier 2 ICT Long term visa valid till 08-Sept-2019 but left UK on 28-June-2019. I am on cooling off period currently and searching for sponsor for Tier 2 General category visa.

As per https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general, I can apply before 3 months of my work start date. Can you please help me with the below queries?

1. Can I apply for Tier 2 General category visa in the month of May with work start date ( CoS start date ) as 06-July-2020?
2. If yes to above query, can I travel to UK on 01-July-2020 and start my stay ? https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general link mentions that I can start my stay 14 days prior to the start date in CoS. I would start my work from 06-July-2020.

Thank you!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for Tier 2 General visa while on cooling off period in ICT Long term visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:57 am

You can apply on or after 28 June, 12 months from the date you left the UK. You are required to provide evidence of having left the UK 12 months previously.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.