ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter from Home Office about my estranged husband

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Newme53
Newly Registered

Letter from Home Office about my estranged husband

Post by Newme53 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:04 pm

Hi,
I am not sure whether I am posting this under a particular title.

Brief summary I am British and was married to a Pakistani guy, we married in 2013 UK, no issues.
Visa approved.

2016, reapplied for spouse visa ext, refused as they home office advised that the marriage was not a genuine one, interview in Sheffield Nov 2017, HO still not happy, so went to tribunal in March 2018, won appeal.

I was physically so sick ultra thin due to a illness which the Home Office knew about.

1 week after winning partner left to establish his life on his own in Nottingham, he change all his paperwork back to his Nottingham address.

Anyway I got very ill and basically was in a coma for several months, once I was total fit and well again 9 months later I prepared to get divorce and wrote to the home office.

My ex husband called me last week to advise me that he was applying for indefinite leave, I had nothing to say to him so basically just put the phone.

That day I received a letter from the home office, and sure what they are trying to say despite not curtailed the visa, they wrote the following;

Dear xxxxx

Thank you for your detailed letter regarding xxxx. I am very sorry to hear what has happened and I can assure you that we have carefully noted what you have told us.

We decided not to curtail xxxxx .

This decision has been taken in the light of an assessment and all the information available to the HO.

This information has been provided to you in confidence because of your personal involvement in this case (well I dont involvement so dont why they said this).

A paragraph on data normal rubbish they write.

Follow by;

Please be reassured that the information you have submitted will be fully considered by the Home Office, having regard to its implications for this case.

What are the Home Office actually trying to tell me.

Any insight would be appreciated

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Letter from Home Office about my estranged husband

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:10 am

Hello

Did you send them a letter first yourself?

This letter from the Home Office seems a response to something you wrote previously.

Newme53
Newly Registered

Post by Newme53 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:11 pm

Yes I advise the Home office we were no longer together, because I was in a coma the home office was sent for background for the grounds of the divorce as per there website.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:34 pm

The Home Office questioned the validity of your marriage and you challenged that. You even went in front of a court and claimed the marriage was genuine. I guess you or your representative brought forward convincing elements that made the court decide on your favour.

Now, once you divorce, you can't really write the past again. You cannot use the Home Office as an instrument for vindication.

When people divorce and things get nasty, it's not uncommon that the police, the Home Office or even HRMC receive letters from either or both parties accusing the other side of malignant crimes. Authorities are well aware about that and that's why they are careful in taking action on such letters unless solid elements of proof are communicated.

In your particular case, the Home Office already challenged the validity of this marriage but they lost in a court. So they have to abide by that decision. Your letter alone is not enough for them to challenge the visa and the marriage again. Because your ex-husband will fight back and that can cause public expenses and time they are not ready to invest on a basis of a letter. It's not possible to reverse a court decision based on a shift of your personal opinion at a later date.

The only thing here is to move on. I know it's not easy for you, but at this point in time, you will gain more by focusing on your life and health rather than trying to wage battles that are already lost.

Newme53
Newly Registered

Post by Newme53 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:52 pm

Thank you for your reply.

You have got this completely wrong.

Firstly tribunal
Joint background which we never had, I was question on this by home officer barrister, as to why we have never had a joint bank account.
I reply why should i, what does that prove.
Judge agreed joint back account does not mean a thing.

Salary my ex husband was only earing £12,000.
I went part time so we didn't even meet the combined income of £18,600
Home office had no issue with that

Bill's no Bill's in joint name, again explained to home office it my house my money so I refuse joint names on Bill's. Again no issue for home office

And they granted the visa.

I am clearly trying to understand why the home office wrote to me as I have noticed on this site that you advise people that the Home office dont write back whether they decide to curtail a visa or not.

So my question was why did they decided to write that type of letter to me.

I have no involvement in the case.

And as my implications to the case, they all relevant and legal docs what they make of that evidence is fine.

As for more on the past, believe when you have been in a coma totally paralyzed for 8 months and cannot, eat drink or walk anymore, and having to learn it all again, you do move on this is my second chance at life and I am embracing it.

So I think you have your wires crossed, as too the question I was asking.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:13 pm

I don't know more about the case than what you wrote. I am not making any assumptions really.

You wrote a letter to the Home Office, they decided to respond to you. There is nothing strange about that.

The immigration case of you husband was decided in a court. It means the judge has great freedom to decide outside the rules.

At the time, I understand (correct me if I am wrong), you stood with your husband and testified that you were in a genuine relationship with him. Based on that, the court decided against the Home Office and your husband won the case. He was therefore granted a leave. Is that correct so far?