ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

timme
Newly Registered
Romania

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by timme » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:11 pm

docado wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:05 pm
Hi Guys,
I am in same situation like "eke123"went through biometrics on 28.01.2020. Haven't received anything yet only email of application submitted. No COA yet. Please suggest any idea what to do who had similar situation. I am worry cuz 6 m family permit is going to expire in March. Thank you indeed
same answer as many people i will say ' call them', but don't worry too much, my partner got his coa and result in the same day after a long time wait, and i found some people got their result directly without any coa, so the point is call them and check if you did your biometrics correctly and your application has been enrolled, check with them, and dont call just one time, depends on my experience, sometimes different call get different answer, since some of them are not very professional, collect their answer and compare them.

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:22 pm

That's absolutely true 'timme'
I've just finished speaking to them and they said everything is fine with my application.
The guy I spoke to was very helpful and said he'll get my case escalated since I've been waiting for some time. I hope I get COA and decision same day ASAP.
@ 'docado' please give them a call cos we are in similar situation and please update me here.
Thanks a lot 'timme'
All the best everyone on this platform

timme
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by timme » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:35 pm

eke123 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:22 pm
I've just finished speaking to them and they said everything is fine with my application.
The guy I spoke to was very helpful and said he'll get my case escalated since I've been waiting for some time. I hope I get COA and decision same day ASAP.
@ 'docado' please give them a call cos we are in similar situation and please update me here.
Thanks a lot 'timme'
good to hear, here is another useful tips i think might work,just in case someone in the same situation would use this in the future. i waited for 3 months to get my boimetrics letter, and i called the resolution centre countless times, at the end, i cant put up with the waiting game so i called them and submitted a complaint with their manager and told that guy everything, and 2 working days later i got my biometric letter, so i think it works to complaint with the leader/manager if you are holding a long-time-waiting case. thank you

OptimisticNow
Mood:
Cyprus

Post by OptimisticNow » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:58 pm

I did my biometrics on the 6th of Feb.

Still waiting for COA.

I will keep you updated about any development. Fingers crossed.

traveller9765
Newly Registered

Post by traveller9765 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:06 pm

eke123 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:55 pm
Hello guys, till now I still haven't received anything after enrolling my biometrics on 27/01/2020.
Should I keep waiting or should I call them.
Any suggestions please.
Thank you in advance.
I have the same problem, I done my biometrics on the 30 of January and still no COA I called them today and they said that my application is still on stage 1 which is manual verification of the application by someone and once this has been done they will issue COA. Looks like it’s going to take 3 months and over to be given a decision.

OptimisticNow
Mood:
Cyprus

Post by OptimisticNow » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:08 pm

OptimisticNow wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:58 pm
I did my biometrics on the 6th of Feb.

Still waiting for COA.

I will keep you updated about any development. Fingers crossed.

Anytime I reach out for my phone, my email is the first thing I check. I guess if nothing comes up after one month, I will call them. I sincerely hope this application is the curtain call.

lichzz
Taiwan

Post by lichzz » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:37 pm

timme wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:35 pm
eke123 wrote:
Thanks a lot 'timme'
good to hear, here is another useful tips i think might work,just in case someone in the same situation would use this in the future. i waited for 3 months to get my boimetrics letter, and i called the resolution centre countless times, at the end, i cant put up with the waiting game so i called them and submitted a complaint with their manager and told that guy everything, and 2 working days later i got my biometric letter, so i think it works to complaint with the leader/manager if you are holding a long-time-waiting case. thank you
I have been waiting for nearly 4 month since I got COA.
Can you share how do you submit a complaint?

timme
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by timme » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:59 pm

lichzz wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:37 pm
timme wrote:
eke123 wrote:
Thanks a lot 'timme'
sorry to hear that. firstly you need to make sure during the 4 months they didn't contact you for more documents at all, otherwise they will say it is under process pls wait.
if they didn't contact you in this 4 months, then you should call them to complaint, that is ridiculous to wait so long.
what I did is call the resolution centre, there will be an agent answer your call and you ask them why you waited so long and still no answer, you will get the same answer as you did before like 'your case is under a case worker and pls wait', and now you can tell this agent you are not satisfied with this answer and you want to submit a complaint to their manager, sometimes this person will blablabla with some useless stuff try to stop you to submit a complaint, since complaint is like a negative feedback about this agent, so they will try to stop you, at this time you need to politely insist to submit this complaint, then you will have chance to talk to the manager, you can tell the manager about your situation.

so the key point is insisting and push them to solve this problem, because you waited too long.

docado

Post by docado » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:42 am

eke123 wrote:
Thanks a lot 'timme'

Hi eke123
I spoke to EU resolution center. They said same to me as well. Lets look forward postively...Thanks

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:53 am

docado wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:42 am
eke123 wrote:
Thanks a lot 'timme'

Hi eke123
I spoke to EU resolution center. They said same to me as well. Lets look forward postively...Thanks
Great let's keep our fingers crossed and see what happens next.
Hopefully we'll get positive news soon.

murmurka
Newly Registered

Post by murmurka » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:11 am

docado wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:42 am
eke123 wrote:
Thanks a lot 'timme'

Hi eke123
Same here, called resolution centre, biometrics done on the 20th of January, nothing since then.

hamzakhan
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by hamzakhan » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:44 am

Hi everyone.

i applied as non eu family member.
my timeline is
2 sep 2019
coa 4 sep
my partner already get his decision settled status January 2020

but i still waiting for my decision since then its 6 months now.

they did not ask any additional documents.
whenever i called to eu resultion center they always give me the same answer its with caseworker everything is look good but still.no reply from caseworker.

can someone tell me what i can i do now?

do i need to contact my Mp?
because i am really worried about it.
thanks

strawbea
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by strawbea » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:01 am

hamzakhan wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:44 am
Hi everyone.

my timeline is
2 sep 2019
coa 4 sep

whenever i called to eu resultion center they always give me the same answer its with caseworker everything is look good but still.no reply from caseworker.

thanks
Hi, you should contact your MP. It's worth a try as I got the decision one week after I contacted the MP.
They will help to raise the case to Home Office.

Lotus211
Newly Registered

Post by Lotus211 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:27 am

Hi guys, this Forum has been so helpful for me and my husband. I would like to share my timeline:
Application: 4 Jan 20
Biometrics: 11 Jan 20
CoA: 16 Jan 20
Decision: 26 Feb 20

I did an online application, linked it to my husband's application (he is Irish but he applied for the EU settlement scheme because we were advised that it would make my application easier. Which it really did for both my Family permit and for pre settled status).

I did call the resolution centre 3 times and emailed them twice whilst waiting for my decision. The last time i called, they informed me that my application was in the final stage. Which turned out to be true.

Hang in there everyone, it seems they are working on them faster at the moment. All the best of luck.

hamzakhan
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by hamzakhan » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:27 am

strawbea wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:01 am
hamzakhan wrote:
Hi everyone.

my timeline is
2 sep 2019
coa 4 sep

thanks
Hi, you should contact your MP. It's worth a try as I got the decision one week after I contacted the MP.
thanks strawbea

yes i contected my MP today lets see.

it looks like calling to eu resolution center is waste of time, .

nachfee

Post by nachfee » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:48 am

Hi all,
Sorry I have made a new thread but unfortunately, no one has replied.

My husband (Irish) applied for Settled status already got answer through email that he got it.
We also applied for my parents’ settled status as dependants and used his application as sponsor.

We have also done biometric for my parents but I’m confused about documents that need to be sent? During the biometric appointment, they didn’t take any scans of any documents.
We though we got get an email about sending documents somewhere but we are so confused about what and where to send the documents?? It’s can anyone help please?
We have done the biometrics on the 11 of February. We haven’t received any COA.

Much appreciate any help please. I don’t want to waste this application by not sending the documents I just don’t know where to send or when we were suppose to do this.

timme
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by timme » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:15 pm

nachfee wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:48 am
Hi all,
Sorry I have made a new thread but unfortunately, no one has replied.

My husband (Irish) applied for Settled status already got answer through email that he got it.
We also applied for my parents’ settled status as dependants and used his application as sponsor.

We have also done biometric for my parents but I’m confused about documents that need to be sent? During the biometric appointment, they didn’t take any scans of any documents.
We though we got get an email about sending documents somewhere but we are so confused about what and where to send the documents?? It’s can anyone help please?
We have done the biometrics on the 11 of February. We haven’t received any COA.

Much appreciate any help please. I don’t want to waste this application by not sending the documents I just don’t know where to send or when we were suppose to do this.
sorry to hear that. if your parents have already done the biometric that means they have their application number now, you can call the resolution centre and tell them your situation, they will tell you if you need to send any document and where, that is the most correct move now better than some random advice here I think. hope it would help you a bit and good luck!

murmurka
Newly Registered

Post by murmurka » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:47 pm

hamzakhan wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:27 am
strawbea wrote:
hamzakhan wrote:
Hi everyone.

my timeline is
2 sep 2019
coa 4 sep

thanks
thanks strawbea

Sorry for asking, but what 'MP' stands for?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:48 pm

murmurka wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:47 pm
hamzakhan wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:27 am
strawbea wrote:
hamzakhan wrote:
Hi everyone.

my timeline is
2 sep 2019
coa 4 sep

thanks
thanks strawbea

Sorry for asking, but what 'MP' stands for?
MP = Member of Parliament!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lichzz
Taiwan

Post by lichzz » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:56 pm

timme wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:59 pm
lichzz wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:37 pm
timme wrote:
eke123 wrote:
Thanks a lot 'timme'
sorry to hear that. firstly you need to make sure during the 4 months they didn't contact you for more documents at all, otherwise they will say it is under process pls wait.
if they didn't contact you in this 4 months, then you should call them to complaint, that is ridiculous to wait so long.
what I did is call the resolution centre, there will be an agent answer your call and you ask them why you waited so long and still no answer, you will get the same answer as you did before like 'your case is under a case worker and pls wait', and now you can tell this agent you are not satisfied with this answer and you want to submit a complaint to their manager, sometimes this person will blablabla with some useless stuff try to stop you to submit a complaint, since complaint is like a negative feedback about this agent, so they will try to stop you, at this time you need to politely insist to submit this complaint, then you will have chance to talk to the manager, you can tell the manager about your situation.

so the key point is insisting and push them to solve this problem, because you waited too long.
I got a call from case worker this morning.
This is the first time they ever contact me since I got my COA 4 month ago.
She wants to know if I can upload my contract of civil partnership.
I upload the certificate in my application but it was in French.
So I did upload my contract and a translate version of the civil partnership today.

I contact my MP last week and I think it really helps with getting the caseworker to notice my case.
I have called a lot before and escalates but it seems like those moves don't mean anything.
Look like I'm back to the waiting game again.
Any suggestions?

My timeline
29/10/2019 online application
04/11/2019 Biometric
06/11/2019 COA
24/02/2020 Contact MP
27/02/2020 Got a call from a caseworker asking more evidence on relationship

I was on a Tier 4 visa which expired now.

asadaqeel
Mood:

Post by asadaqeel » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:44 am

Misfits wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:12 pm
Kamote0926 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:05 pm
Goodevening guys. Just an update and a quick question
Non eu applying for settlement scheme timeline:
Application submitted: 22.07.19
Biometrict done: 07.08.2019
Contacted the eu resolution centre twice (email and phone): 12.09.2019, they cant give me the satatus of my application, they said the caseworker will gonna contact me if there are more required docs to submit.
COA recieved: 30.09.19.

My question is, when you recieved the COA, will this be a guarantee you will recieved a positive result? By the way I applied for Settled Status.
Hi Kamote,

I’ve read that the COA is confirmation of a valid application under the EU Settlement Scheme.

I too I’m non eaa national .my time line is

Applied for settled status 6/9/19

Biometrics done 13/9/19

COA - still waiting

Status approval letter- still waiting.

My case is I separated from my eea partner, I don’t have a valid ID for my partner, all I have is P60s Bills and NI .
Just hoping for the best .
Hi Mate any response from H/O. I am in a similar situation waiting from 8 months, couldnt provide my ex valid id.
Thanks

Makicaks
Newly Registered

Post by Makicaks » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:50 pm

Hi,

I found this forum very helpful, thank you very much for all the information that you share.
I applied as a family member and with EEA family permit and these are my timelines:
Application submitted: 16th of January
Biometrics: 20th of January (paid 60 pounds to do it asap)
COA: 28th of February - I called them 3 times and sent an email because it has been more than a month since I submitted biometrics and I did not even have COA. Eventually, they sent it.
Decision: Waiting

So how long approximately takes for them to make a decision for pre-settled status? My Family permit will expire in late April, what should I do if they do not make a decision by then?

When I wrote an email to them, I indicated that the official documents of the government state that it takes 5 days up to a month to complete the whole process and that in my case this timeline was not respected and they responded that that is an indicative timeline and not a service standard. They are misleading people, which is honestly horrendous.

Thank you in advance!

M.

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:01 pm

Makicaks wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:50 pm
Hi,

I found this forum very helpful, thank you very much for all the information that you share.
I applied as a family member and with EEA family permit and these are my timelines:
COA: 28th of February - I called them 3 times and sent an email because it has been more than a month since I submitted biometrics and I did not even have COA. Eventually, they sent it.

So how long approximately takes for them to make a decision for pre-settled status? My Family permit will expire in late April, what should I do if they do not make a decision by then?

When I wrote an email to them, I indicated that the official documents of the government state that it takes 5 days up to a month to complete the whole process and that in my case this timeline was not respected and they responded that that is an indicative timeline and not a service standard. They are misleading people, which is honestly horrendous.

Thank you in advance!

M.
Welcome to wait game. Get Netflix subscription and enjoy ur time . Decisions are taking 4 months average. Incase you are lucky

lisa1933
Newly Registered

Post by lisa1933 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:27 pm

Makicaks wrote:
Hi,

Thank you in advance!

M.

In terms of actual application processing time, it really depends on the circumstances as you can see from this forum.

Some cases take very long as they are not very straightforward. In my case the timeline was:
Applied: 28/12/2019
Biometrics: 02/01/2020
COA: 15/01/2020
Decision: 25/02/2020
BRC awaiting..

Tier 4, clear NiNo record of having been in the country for over 2 years, EU husband pre-settled. Submitted our UK marriage certificate, rental agreements in both of our names for the last three years (UK), a bank statement for a couple of months where I highlighted all the transactions between my and his accounts (you can clearly see I pay him half the rent every month and many more transactions). And two documents each linking us to the same UK address.

So if your case is straightforward and you submitted enough evidence for them to see the relationship is legit, it shouldn’t take too long.

If you previously relied on your EU family member in a Home Office application, it might be even shorter.

timme
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by timme » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:48 pm

Makicaks wrote:
Hi,

Thank you in advance!

M.
don't worry about your visa is gong to be expired, you have your coa now, you won't be treated as a overstay even you don't get a result after your current visa is expired, this process does take long than they said.