ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application query for spouse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shah05

ILR Application query for spouse

Post by Shah05 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:30 pm

Hello,

I need a bit of advice on the below scenario,

My partner joined me as Tier 4 dependent on May 2010, SInce then he is on my dependent visa, as main applicant's (MY)visa status started with a student, Psw, entrepreneur and by the time I had successfully granted entrepreneur visa it was year 2015. Then in September 2015, I got my ILR and I believe as the dependent he had to start again as spouse visa due to changes in rules.

Since then my partner is on my dependent. He is completing lawfully his 10 years in this May. and 5 years of ILR dependent in December 2020. Is that possible for him to apply for ILR on the basis of 10 years long residence?

Please Advise.

Many Thanks

Casa

Re: ILR Application query for spouse

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:32 pm

All legal residence in the UK can be combined to qualify for ILR under long residence.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:06 am

Thank you Casa for a prompt response,

I have one more question for the English requirement.

My husband has a degree certificate from Australian University, which has been used in his previous applications and accepted by home office.

For the application of ILR- do we need a UK NARIC letter/ certificate for his degree certificate to fulfill requirements?

Many thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:34 pm

No need for NARIC certificate for a degree obtained in Australia. Just provide the specified document required

From Appendix KoLL:
iii) the applicant has obtained an academic qualification (not a professional or vocational qualification) which either:
(1) is a UK Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or PhD; or
(2) is deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK, from an educational establishment in one of the following countries: Antigua and Barbuda; Australia; The Bahamas; Barbados; Belize; Dominica; Grenada; Guyana; Ireland; Jamaica; New Zealand; St Kitts and Nevis; St Lucia; St Vincent and The Grenadines; Trinidad and Tobago; the UK; the USA; and provides the specified documents;
Specified documents:
4.11. The evidence specified for the purposes of paragraph 2.2(a)(iii)(2) to 2.2(a)(v) (academic qualification recognised by UK NARIC) is:
(a) a certificate issued by the relevant institution confirming the award of the academic qualification and showing:
(i) the applicant’s name,
(ii) the title of the award,
(iii) the date of the award,
(iv) the name of the awarding institution, and,
(v) for paragraph 2.2(a)(iii) that the qualification was taught in English
or,
(b) where an applicant has not, at the date of application, formally graduated or no longer has his or her certificate and is unable to obtain a duplicate certificate:
(i) an academic reference from the institution awarding the academic qualification that:
(aa) is on official letter headed paper,
(bb) shows the applicant’s name,
(cc) shows the title of the award,
(dd) confirms that the qualification was taught in English,
(ee) states when the academic qualification was (or as the case may be, will be) awarded,
and
(ff) confirms that the institution is unable to issue a duplicate certificate of award or (as the case may be in respect of an applicant who has not yet graduated) the date on which the certificate will be issued.
or
(ii) an academic transcript that;
(aa) is on official letter headed paper,
(bb) shows the applicant’s name,
(cc) shows the name of the academic institution,
(dd) shows the course title,
(ee) confirms that the qualification was taught in English, and,
(ff) confirms the award given.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:03 pm

Thank you very much for the explanation. Much appreciate.

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:03 am

Hi,

My partner arrived in the UK on 10th May 2010. he is planning to book appointment in person.

So ideally I can apply for visa 28 days before, i.e. after 12th April 2020. (Correct me if I am wrong)

So when we are filling an application form SET (LR), can we complete the form before 12th April and get the appointment? OR form needs to be COmpleted and appointment needs to be booked on/after 12th April?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:06 am

Shah05 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:03 am
Hi,

My partner arrived in the UK on 10th May 2010. he is planning to book appointment in person.

So ideally I can apply for visa 28 days before, i.e. after 12th April 2020. (Correct me if I am wrong)

So when we are filling an application form SET (LR), can we complete the form before 12th April and get the appointment? OR form needs to be COmpleted and appointment needs to be booked on/after 12th April?

Thank you.
The date of application is the date you submit and pay online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:45 am

Thank you for clarification.