ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 1 startup vissa to Tier 2 work vissa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sheharyararshad
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Switching from Tier 1 startup vissa to Tier 2 work vissa

Post by sheharyararshad » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:23 pm

Dear Experts ,

I would like to ask your opinion on the following :

1. If someone came to UK on Tier1 startup vissa route than he can switch to Tier 2 work vissa based on the employement ?
2. If we are on Tier 1 startup vissa than How difficult is to get the job with sponsorship for Tier 2 work vissa ? Are there any legal challenges to work and find the employment on startup vissa

Regards
Sheharyar

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching from Tier 1 startup vissa to Tier 2 work vissa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:28 pm

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/switch-to-this-visa

You need an ho approved sponsor and must meet the requirements in line with the SOC for the job etc.

You cannot continue working in your tier 1 start up business if you get a tier 2.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sheharyararshad
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sheharyararshad » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:54 am

Sorry I didn’t understand the statement that I cannot continue to parking if I get the Tier 2 vissa switched from Tier 1 startup vissa ?

sheharyararshad
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sheharyararshad » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:56 am

Dear Experts,

I would really appreciate if you can explain whether there are any legal challenges for obtaining the sponsorship vissa from the employees while you are on Tier 1 startup vissa program.

regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:07 am

Not sure why you believe there might be 'legal challenges'. You are perhaps overthinking the process. Suggest read the link I have provided and the Tier 2 policy guidance document.
sheharyararshad wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:54 am
Sorry I didn’t understand the statement that I cannot continue to parking if I get the Tier 2 vissa switched from Tier 1 startup vissa ?
1. Parking???

2. You cannot work for your start up and receive income from it if you switch to tier 2 general.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sheharyararshad
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sheharyararshad » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:00 pm

Dear Experts,

I have the following questions , if someone comes to UK under Tier 1 startup vissa and trying to switch to Tier 2 work vissa.

1. The employeer have to take the resident labour market test (RLMT) to grant the sponsorship in order to switch to Tier 2 work vissa.
2. Are there any legal challenges to obtain the job and sponsorship from the employeer, incase you are in Tier 1 startup vissa.

Regards,
Sheharyar

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:06 pm

1. The employeer have to take the resident labour market test (RLMT) to grant the sponsorship in order to switch to Tier 2 work vissa.
Depends what the SOC is and if it's a shortage occupation or non shortage occupation. The same requirements for tier 2 from outside the UK exist for applying within the UK.
2. Are there any legal challenges to obtain the job and sponsorship from the employeer, incase you are in Tier 1 startup vissa.
As already answered.
CR001 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:07 am
Not sure why you believe there might be 'legal challenges'. You are perhaps overthinking the process. Suggest read the link I have provided and the Tier 2 policy guidance document.
sheharyararshad wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:54 am
1. Parking???

2. You cannot work for your start up and receive income from it if you switch to tier 2 general.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sheharyararshad
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sheharyararshad » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:05 am

Hello,

what I understand from the previous comment, if the occupation is under the short occupation list then the employer doesn't have to take the RLMT test for no European or NON-EEA. Please confirm if this understanding is correct. If yes then any reference from the UK Government website.

Regards,

sheharyararshad
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sheharyararshad » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:38 pm

any updates ?