ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 Eufam applying irish citizenship on the basis of marriage to naturalisesd Irish citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Hanuman2020
Newly Registered
India

Stamp 4 Eufam applying irish citizenship on the basis of marriage to naturalisesd Irish citizen

Post by Hanuman2020 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:32 pm

Hi guys,
I have a stamp 4 Eufam recently renewed and have it for next 10 years. End of the year 2019 my Eu citizen wife have received her Irish naturalisation and currently holds dual citizenship.
I would like to apply for naturalisation myself.

Which route is more convenient - 5 year residency as stamp 4 EUFAM?
OR married to an Irish citizen? (requires 3 years of residency)

I have also heard somewhere here that My wife have to be Three years Irish citizen before i can apply. i couldn't verify this piece of information anywhere. All i can find is that I have to be married with the Irish citizens for the period of three years? our Marriage took place in 2013 but at that time my wife was just an EU citizen.

I would really appreciate anybody here with some knowledge in this field be able to clarify it and suggest an appropriate measure?
:?