ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Maxim88
Kazakhstan

MN1 application

Post by Maxim88 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:48 pm

Dear moderators,

I will be filling our my UK born child's MN1 form tomorrow and have the following questions:

1) I already received my ILR based on 5 years but my wife has just applied and biometrics will be taken at some point next week. Should we wait until mother receives her PBS extension leave/BRP, or can we go ahead with MN1 application while mother's application is in progress (her current PBS visa will be finishing soon though)?

2) I know that for MN1 we will need referees and I made enquiries about the referees for my child and both health visitor and our GP said they do not do references of such kind. I tried to explain the situation but they simply said they do not do this. The child is 6 months old, doesn't go to nursery, health visitor and GP are the only "professionals" who worked with the child/engaged with the child in a professional capacity. What are our options when both refuse to act as referees? I am sure we are not the only ones in such situation. Your advise would be most helpful.

many thanks for your suggestions.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Applying for ILR (5 year route), questions about dependants

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:52 pm

Maxim88 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:48 pm
Dear moderators,

I will be filling our my UK born child's MN1 form tomorrow and have the following questions:

1) I already received my ILR based on 5 years but my wife has just applied and biometrics will be taken at some point next week. Should we wait until mother receives her PBS extension leave/BRP, or can we go ahead with MN1 application while mother's application is in progress (her current PBS visa will be finishing soon though)?

2) I know that for MN1 we will need referees and I made enquiries about the referees for my child and both health visitor and our GP said they do not do references of such kind. I tried to explain the situation but they simply said they do not do this. The child is 6 months old, doesn't go to nursery, health visitor and GP are the only "professionals" who worked with the child/engaged with the child in a professional capacity. What are our options when both refuse to act as referees? I am sure we are not the only ones in such situation. Your advise would be most helpful.

many thanks for your suggestions.
1) That application is not relevant to MN1
2) The professional referee for children must have interacted with the child in a professional capacity. You can use a regular professional if you show that you tried and failed to secure such referee.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Maxim88
Kazakhstan

Re: MN1 application

Post by Maxim88 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:25 pm

Thanks Zimba,

Thanks for your response. I have the following queries please:

1. You said my wife's application is irrelevant; however, when we apply for my child's MN1, her PBS dep. visa will already run out and her application for new visa would be under consideration. I will attach my ILR with MN1 form, but what should I attach for my wife? If I attach her expired BRP would that delay the process/be risky?

2. More importantly, how should I show that I tried and failed in securing relevant referees? I don' thave any written correspondence as either GP and Health Visitor gave me letters, they gave me verbal responses (i visited one and phoned the other). Would a covering letter explaining that I talked to them but they did not agree would be sufficient (I can identify our GP and Health Visiting team in the cover letter if necessary and say I contacted them over the phone)? Or is written correspondence absolutely necessary?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:50 pm

1. You said my wife's application is irrelevant; however, when we apply for my child's MN1, her PBS dep. visa will already run out and her application for new visa would be under consideration. I will attach my ILR with MN1 form, but what should I attach for my wife? If I attach her expired BRP would that delay the process/be risky?
You are overthinking. Your wife's apllication is IRRELEVANT to a UK born child's ENTITLEMENT to register as British. Only the parents ilr evidence needs to be attached.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:50 pm
Only the parents ilr evidence needs to be attached.
To ram CR001's point home, only evidence of one parent holding ILR is needed. As this registration is as of right (a right that is unconditional if the child is under 10) for a UK born child, the other parent's immigration status is irrelevant. It would be different if this were registration at discretion, for which one also uses form MN1.

Maxim88
Kazakhstan

Post by Maxim88 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:24 pm

CR001 and Richard W, thank you both for your insights.

Any suggestions about my second query please?:

2. More importantly, how should I show that I tried and failed in securing relevant referees? I don't have any written correspondence as neither GP nor Health Visitor gave me letters; they gave me verbal responses (i visited one and phoned the other). Would a covering letter explaining that I talked to them but they did not agree would be sufficient (I can identify our GP and Health Visiting team in the cover letter if necessary and say I contacted them verbally)? Or is written correspondence absolutely necessary?

thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:44 am

Ask them to confirm that they do not wish to act as referees (via email)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by hina_pirzada » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:30 pm

You can take help from ur local MP. Book an appointment with him/ her and explain the situation and they might help. Or they can give u letter.

Also there.is compalint procedure online with NHS file your complaint and ask them to step in.

Whatever you will have submitted keep copies for your record.

Also you can nationality team and explain them. May be they can advise u further

Maxim88
Kazakhstan

Post by Maxim88 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:13 pm

Dear moderators,

Can someone please direct me to the list of regular professionals accepted by the Home Office? Tried the health visitor but they are not willing to give the reference. I have a friend who is a school teacher and intend to use them instead. Does a teacher qualify as a professional?

thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:05 am

ScorpioNanu
Newly Registered
India

Post by ScorpioNanu » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:03 pm

Hi Maxim88,

I am in similar situation with respect to 1st referal to be from a professional , can you please confirm what did you do

thanks and regards,
Nanu