ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Misrepresentation USA

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dejimi17
Newly Registered
Botswana

Misrepresentation USA

Post by Dejimi17 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:52 pm

Hi guys last year I misrepresented myself at the USA embassy I claimed I’m married but I’m actually single I wasn’t caught. I’m a frequent visitor to the uk I still visited in October. And now I want to apply for student visa. And I want to come out clean and use single. What are the chances of uk getting hold of my USA visa application form. Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Misrepresentation USA

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:23 am

Hello

UK and USA do share immigration information. There is an agreement between both countries about that:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 0/8790.pdf

However, as your visa to the US seems to have been accepted, I don't think the Home Office would review your US application in details but still, it's always possible.

Anyway, lying to US authorities was a big mistake. Had I found about it, they would have given you a ban that could made it impossible to get any visa in the future.

Don't lie to the Home Office because they are even more through then US immigration and if they find any sign of deception, you will get a 10-year ban.

Dejimi17
Newly Registered
Botswana

Post by Dejimi17 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:46 am

No I didn't get the us visa. I was refused based on 214b

Dejimi17
Newly Registered
Botswana

Post by Dejimi17 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:02 am

I didn't get the us visa
Zerubbabel wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:23 am
Hello

UK and USA do share immigration information. There is an agreement between both countries about that:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 0/8790.pdf

However, as your visa to the US seems to have been accepted, I don't think the Home Office would review your US application in details but still, it's always possible.

Anyway, lying to US authorities was a big mistake. Had I found about it, they would have given you a ban that could made it impossible to get any visa in the future.

Don't lie to the Home Office because they are even more through then US immigration and if they find any sign of deception, you will get a 10-year ban.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:05 am

Oh, that's bad.

Yes, the Home Office will know about it.

Anyway, when you apply for a visa to the UK, there will be a question like this:

You will have to put USA with the details (214b). They will check and find out. If you don't put anything, they may find out and the outcome will be even worse.

Dejimi17
Newly Registered
Botswana

Post by Dejimi17 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:25 am

Yea I plan on filling the truth saying I'm single. But when they check do they check all the us application or just the reason for refusal.
Zerubbabel wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:05 am
Oh, that's bad.

Yes, the Home Office will know about it.

Anyway, when you apply for a visa to the UK, there will be a question like this:

You will have to put USA with the details (214b). They will check and find out. If you don't put anything, they may find out and the outcome will be even worse.
:lol:

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:24 am

As you have been refused on the 214b for the US with an application containing a misrepresentation, your chances for the UK as slim to non-existent.

They share data and the UKVI Casewoker will know why you have been refused for the US so this would nearly automatically triggers a similar refusal for the UK.

The only thing that may save you is that you are a frequent visitor to the UK. But still, they may think you are not a credible student.