ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joint bank account

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

priya_bhosale

Joint bank account

Post by priya_bhosale » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:18 pm

Hello,

My indian bank account is a joint account with my and my father's name on it. Would that be a problem?

Also, if I have earned the money in 6 months, do I still need to provide the statment for the whole 12 months period i am claiming for? My UK earnings are earned in 12 months and the remainder is my Indian earnings which are earned in 6 months.

Please advise

Thank you,
Priya

priya_bhosale

Post by priya_bhosale » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:35 am

Waiting for some advice...

Vampire
Newly Registered

Post by Vampire » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:15 pm

Hi,
I have same query as Priya_bhosale has (I have a joint account with my Father). Is it fine as per the Tier-1 Maintainence policy that one can have joint account, but it is not clear with whome can one have joint account with?

Can someone please put some light ?

arunkumarprs

Post by arunkumarprs » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:22 pm

Hi,

I think Joint account is OK for Previous Earnings proof.

When you want to show a joint account for maintenance, i think it can only be your Spouse and no one else can be your joint account holder.

Thanks
Arun

Vampire wrote:Hi,
I have same query as Priya_bhosale has (I have a joint account with my Father). Is it fine as per the Tier-1 Maintainence policy that one can have joint account, but it is not clear with whome can one have joint account with?

WP to Tier1 - From UK

14 Jun 08 Appln Sent
16 Jun 08 HO Recd.
18 Jun 08 Fee deducted
21 Jun 08 Ref. No. Recd. (dated 17 Jun)
19 Aug 08 recv call from CW to collect docs
Ref. No. : PB309*

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:46 pm

priya_bhosale wrote:Waiting for some advice...
Vampire wrote:I have same query as Priya_bhosale has (I have a joint account with my Father). Is it fine as per the Tier-1 Maintainence policy that one can have joint account, but it is not clear with whome can one have joint account with?

Make an effort to search the forum for information already available on the forum. There is loads of information whether (or not) joint accounts can be used for Tier 1 applications and who can be your joint account holder(s).

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

priya_bhosale

Post by priya_bhosale » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:30 am

Thank you. Yes I have already searched the forum but all the issues raised before were regarding joint accounts for maintenance funds.

My case is different. My joint account is for showing my Indian earnings and not my maintenance funds.

I would like to request 'vampire' to start a new topic as your query is regarding maintenance funds and mine is regarding earnings. This will cause digression from the main topic of this thread. Thanks.

Please advise if a joint account is alright for showing earnings.

Thank you

arunkumarprs

Post by arunkumarprs » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:44 am

priya_bhosale wrote:Thank you. Yes I have already searched the forum but all the issues raised before were regarding joint accounts for maintenance funds.

My case is different. My joint account is for showing my Indian earnings and not my maintenance funds.

I would like to request 'vampire' to start a new topic as your query is regarding maintenance funds and mine is regarding earnings. This will cause digression from the main topic of this thread. Thanks.

Please advise if a joint account is alright for showing earnings.

Thank you
I hope i have already replied to your query....
WP to Tier1 - From UK

14 Jun 08 Appln Sent
16 Jun 08 HO Recd.
18 Jun 08 Fee deducted
21 Jun 08 Ref. No. Recd. (dated 17 Jun)
19 Aug 08 recv call from CW to collect docs
Ref. No. : PB309*

priya_bhosale

Post by priya_bhosale » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:59 am

Thank you arunkumar. Yes you have.

I am just waiting to hear from more people as you say you think it is ok. I would be glad to hear from someone who can say for sure.

I have tried to look for the relevant information on the home office website but have not found any. Neither have I found this topic (joint account for earnings) been discussed before on this forum.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:15 pm

priya_bhosale wrote:Yes I have already searched the forum but all the issues raised before were regarding joint accounts for maintenance funds.

As I said before, the answer is available.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:26 pm

priya_bhosale wrote:I would be glad to hear from someone who can say for sure.
People cannot say anything for sure on this forum. They can help only from their experiences. I would suggest you to write a simple email to British High Commission in your country (anonymously if you want) to get a definite reply. If you are from India, Indian BHC's are very prompt to reply to emails and are very courteous and informative also (don't email to any VFS centers, they are useless). After all, they are the ones to take decision and hence their reply would be the surest one!