ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New PSW visa starts in Summer of 2021 - I graduate in April 2021

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

LondonDPO
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

New PSW visa starts in Summer of 2021 - I graduate in April 2021

Post by LondonDPO » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:35 pm

I have seen fact sheets that say

"Once the route is introduced, those with valid leave as a Tier 4 student, who have successfully completed a course at undergraduate level or above at a Higher Education Provider with a track record of compliance, will be eligible to apply for the Graduate route."

and also

"Any student who successfully completes their degree-level course at a qualifying institution in the summer of 2021 or after will be eligible."

Which is it?

I will have valid leave until my Tier 4 student general visa until August 2021 (4 months after graduation). But I will graduate before summer 2021. :(

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: New PSW visa starts in Summer of 2021 - I graduate in April 2021

Post by sah10406 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:15 pm

They are the same thing. The Home Office has just been rather sloppy with their wording.

In this content someone who "completes their degree level course" in summer 2021 is the same thing as someone who has "valid leave as a Tier 4 student, who have successfully completed a course at undergraduate level or above at a Higher Education Provider with a track record of compliance", and is also the same thing as someone who "graduates" in the summer of 2021.

None of it is about the date of graduation ceremony, just about having passed your course and having extant Tier 4 leave.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

LondonDPO
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by LondonDPO » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:15 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:15 pm
None of it is about the date of graduation ceremony, just about having passed your course and having extant Tier 4 leave.
I see - so in my case you think that I will be eligble then?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:39 pm

Given that the scheme is due to start in the summer, and you have Tier 4 leave until the August, what is your concern exactly?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

LondonDPO
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by LondonDPO » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:21 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:39 pm
Given that the scheme is due to start in the summer, and you have Tier 4 leave until the August, what is your concern exactly?
Well, as you say, the language I have read from the Home Office is confusing and sometimes seems to focus on graduation. My course will end and I guess I will graduate before Summer 2021 which seems to suggest I won't be eligble. However, the home office has used language elsewhere that having valid Tier 4 leave is the requirement not graduation. I have other commentors elsewhere say that I will probably not be eligible, and you seem to suggest that I will. This will determine if I enter the course next month or in August. And I need to decide this week. :roll:

Just wanting some kind of assurance that the scheme will apply to me. I appreciate your opinion!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:28 pm

LondonDPO wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:21 pm
Well, as you say, the language I have read from the Home Office seems to focus on graduation. My course will end and I guess I will graduate before Summer 2021 which seems to suggest I won't be eligble.

However, the home office has used language elsewhere that having valid Tier 4 leave is the requirement not graduation.
See my previous reply Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:15 pm about "graduation". It is being used generically in the context of a press announcement, not specifically to mean the graduation ceremony in the context of the immigration rules.
LondonDPO wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:21 pm
I have other commentors elsewhere say that I will probably not be eligible, and you seem to suggest that I will. This will determine if I enter the course next month or in August. And I need to decide this week. :roll:

Just wanting some kind of assurance that the scheme will apply to me. I appreciate your opinion!
I suggest you contact those commentators directly, because that is a very odd conclusion they are drawing.