ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP to Tier1 application form - APPLICANT’S DETAIL Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tier1 man
Newly Registered

WP to Tier1 application form - APPLICANT’S DETAIL Query

Post by tier1 man » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:13 am

Hi Senior Members,

I am in the process of completing the application form to switch from WP to Tier1 (from UK), seek valuable inputs from you on this specific doubt.

The point B4. in Section2 says,
If the applicant is known, or has ever been known, by any other name(s) other than those given
above, then please provide details of the name(s) and date(s) and indicate the evidence provided
showing the name change:
Name known by Dates known by (from and to) Evidence provided

I hold INDIAN passport. I got two passports. In the first passport
my GIVEN NAME appeared as <MIDDLENAME FIRSTNAME> ,
the correct GIVEN NAME should be <FIRSTNAME MIDDLENAME > .
The SURNAME appeared correctly.

It was due to mistake in filling the Passport application form. I went throught he correction procedure and got it changed. Hence I hold two passports, one before the correction and one after the correction. The name appeared in First passport was not formal name, it is due to mistake in filling the application form. This has been corrected now.

In this case,
Does the point B4 in SECTION 2 - APPLICANT'S DETAILS is applicable to me ?
do I have to say YES for Point B4 and provide details?
Please advice.

Look forward for your valuable inputs.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:35 am

Unless you hold a diplomatice passport or have travelled to (or intend to travel to) Israel, you cannot hold two (valid) Indian passports at the same time. And if you do (as you claim), you are in breach of law and can go to prison for it!

The only valid passport is the one you received after RPO made changes to your name, as per your request. You should get the other passport cancelled.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tier1 man
Newly Registered

Post by tier1 man » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:13 am

Hi,

I can understand what you mean. I am sorry for the wordings in my earlier post.

I have one passport canceled after changes in name as per request. I meant to say, I carry both canceled and new passport.

What should be the answer for point B4, pls suggest.

Thank you.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:48 pm

Unless you were known by the (wrong) name in previous passport, you need not enter that name in the application form.

But yes, do mention that you had an old passport which was canceled due to a misspelled name. (There should be some section in application form which asks for details of previous passports held).