ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help!!! Residence card for non EU citizen with EEA rule in Sweden

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mona fi
Newly Registered
Norway

Help!!! Residence card for non EU citizen with EEA rule in Sweden

Post by Mona fi » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:00 pm

My case is that i want to join my Norwegian wife in Sweden.
Before that we applied for reunification family in Norway, and now i m in Norway in waiting liste, but we decided to move to Sweden.
She has adress in Sweden and also she register our marriage in Sweden then she will apply for reunification family in Sweden as soon as she will get her personnel number.

So about me; i m a non EU citizen, living in Norway with conditions i described above, i can add some informations like i dont have residence or any VISA , only have my passport and a paper that said i m legally living in Norway since i m waiting for the answer from UDI ( immigration office in Norway ), my question is: is it possible to just cross Sweden border after my wife get personnel number so we can apply for reunification family ?

thank you :)

Mona fi
Newly Registered
Norway

esidence card for non EU citizen with EEA rule in Sweden

Post by Mona fi » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:12 am

Hi,
Before that we applied for reunification family in Norway, and now i m in Norway in waiting liste, but we decided to move to Sweden.
She has adress in Sweden and also she register our marriage in Sweden then she will apply for reunification family in Sweden as soon as she will get her personnel number.

So about me; i m a non EU citizen, living in Norway with conditions i described above, i can add some informations like i dont have residence or any VISA , only have my passport and a paper that said i m legally living in Norway since i m waiting for the answer from UDI ( immigration office in Norway ), my question is: is it possible to just cross Sweden border after my wife get personnel number so we can apply for reunification family ?

ibwe
Mood:
Bulgaria

Re: esidence card for non EU citizen with EEA rule in Sweden

Post by ibwe » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:59 pm

Mona fi wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:12 am
Hi,

Hi,
In my opinion you could wait out for the family reunification residence and then go ahead and move to Sweden with your spouse.
Should you decide to move to Sweden now, it is still possible since Nordic countries have their own free movement system (in addition to EU/EEA free movement). You might need to check with the authorities in Sweden if that is possible in your situation. Your wife can do the inquiry as, technically, she is the one who sponsors you.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Help!!! Residence card for non EU citizen with EEA rule in Sweden

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:50 pm

I understand from your post that you are illegal in Norway. It means you have less than a shinning immigration history and a tendency to breach immigration law.

What you can't add to that situation is instability.

I have seen people undocumented after 25 years because they never managed to:

1 - follow an immigration procedure and see it through

2 - lead a stable life

In your present condition, any immigration route you follow may take months if not years to lead to something. If you are unable to apply in a country and follow with authorities until your application is decided, your case will never get sorted.

Mona fi
Newly Registered
Norway

Post by Mona fi » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:26 pm

[/quote]

Hi,
In my opinion you could wait out for the family reunification residence and then go ahead and move to Sweden with your spouse.
Should you decide to move to Sweden now, it is still possible since Nordic countries have their own free movement system (in addition to EU/EEA free movement). You might need to check with the authorities in Sweden if that is possible in your situation. Your wife can do the inquiry as, technically, she is the one who sponsors you.
[/quote]

yes i could wait but my wife want to move to Sweden and we agreed about that, as you said i ll check with authorities about it in Sweden, specially her that have to sponsor me in sweden , as you know she got house in sweden and just waiting for Person number...

thank you for answer

Mona fi
Newly Registered
Norway

Re: Help!!! Residence card for non EU citizen with EEA rule in Sweden

Post by Mona fi » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:30 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:50 pm
I understand from your post that you are illegal in Norway. It means you have less than a shinning immigration history and a tendency to breach immigration law.

What you can't add to that situation is instability.

I have seen people undocumented after 25 years because they never managed to:

1 - follow an immigration procedure and see it through

2 - lead a stable life

In your present condition, any immigration route you follow may take months if not years to lead to something. If you are unable to apply in a country and follow with authorities until your application is decided, your case will never get sorted.

i dont think you read all what i wrote mate , i m legally in Norway if i m not its not allowed me to apply for family reunification UDI i MUST be legal in Norway , plus i m working legally paying my taxes for the SKAT, i m been in school learning the language, i already B2 in the language . i hope you can read all ,but maybe i didnt explain well.

but thanks for the answer :)

Mona fi
Newly Registered
Norway

Post by Mona fi » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:31 pm

ibwe wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:59 pm
Mona fi wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:12 am
Hi,

Hi,

yes i could wait but my wife want to move to Sweden and we agreed about that, as you said i ll check with authorities about it in Sweden, specially her that have to sponsor me in sweden , as you know she got house in sweden and just waiting for Person number...