ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen holiday with UK Citizen

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Joe3474

Schengen holiday with UK Citizen

Post by Joe3474 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:47 pm

Hello

Soon after we get married and get the FLR visa, me (UK Citizen) and my Non-EU Partner are planning to take a holiday to Europe, probably Malta or Greece.

My questions are;

1. Because my partner will be a spouse of a UK citizen, will the Schengen Visa be free if we apply directly to the Embassy?
2. I read that because My partner is a spouse of a UK citizen, they won’t have to attend an appointment at the Embassy and
3. We don’t have to show proof of flights and hotel bookings? I.E so we can obtain the Schengen and book a last minute holiday.

I read this from the europa.eu website but not sure how accurate it is.

Thanks in advance

Joe3474

Re: Schengen holiday with UK Citizen

Post by Joe3474 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:56 pm

Apologies

4. As my partner isn’t a British Citizen, do they need different type of travel insurance? Because every tine I have applied for travel insurance, it always asks if I’m a UK citizen.

Thanks again

Joe3474

Re: Schengen holiday with UK Citizen

Post by Joe3474 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 pm

Sorry yet again, I forgot to add;

Does my partner need to have lived in the UK 3 months, before applying for a Schengen visa?

Thanks again