ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multiple entry schenegan visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gt23

Multiple entry schenegan visa

Post by gt23 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:02 pm

Hi

I recieved my mulitple entry schengan visa for 40 days only. It was granted by Italian embassy as my first trip was to Italy and then in a month to Netherlands. However, with the situation in North Italy with coronavirus my flights have been cancelled. So i have cancelled the trip to Italy for now.

My question is as Italian embassy has given me the schengan visa - does one of the trips need to be to Italy or it doesnt matter whichever country i go?

Please see - I dont want to have any issues in applying again for schenegan visa.

Thanks

gt23

Re: Multiple entry schenegan visa

Post by gt23 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Anyone with information? Please help

Thanks

ibwe
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by ibwe » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:59 pm

Hi!

As long as you have a valid Schengen visa, you can enter any Schengen State regardless of which state issued you the visa in the first place.

Case in point: A number of years ago, I was issued a 90 days multiple entry Schengen visa by France. However I visited Greece and Italy only due to change in my itinerary. The French issued me the same visa two more times and again, with valid reasons, I visited other states without going to France. In all these instances, no one at immigration controls remarked as to why I haven't visited France.

So you are not bound to visit Italy. You can visit any Schengen state. Even if someone asks you, the current situation in Italy is a relevant criterion.

gt23

Post by gt23 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:07 pm

Thanks for your reply :D

Was concerned as I had read you should go to the country which gave you the visa. They can question you next time you apply and can reject it on that basis.

gt23

Post by gt23 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:17 am

Thanks for your reply :D

Was concerned as I had read you should go to the country which gave you the visa. They can question you next time you apply and can reject it on that basis.