ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh EEA Family Permit (URGENT PLEASE)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: Surinder Singh (PLEASE ADVICE)

Post by ALKB » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:12 pm

Eli123 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:23 pm

Thank you for the information and I have emailed the tax company yesterday as they are busy over the phone. So will be seeking help.

Thanks
I am not sure what you mean by tax company (tax advisor? accountant?)

Reading this might clear some things up:

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/w ... dex_en.htm
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

Eli123
inactive

Post by Eli123 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:30 pm

ALKB wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:12 pm
Eli123 wrote:

Thank you for the information and I have emailed the tax company yesterday as they are busy over the phone. So will be seeking help.

Thanks

Thank you that is very useful information. Sorry I meant I will be talking to HM revenues in France.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:13 pm

Eli123 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:30 pm
ALKB wrote:
Eli123 wrote:

Thanks

Thank you that is very useful information. Sorry I meant I will be talking to HM revenues in France.
There is no HM revenues in France - mostly because there is no monarchy?????
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

Eli123
inactive

Post by Eli123 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:17 pm

ALKB wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:13 pm
Eli123 wrote:
ALKB wrote:
Eli123 wrote:

Thanks

Lol I know but If I say the name in French you would not know 😊 I meant I will contact the tax advisor.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:14 pm

Eli123 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:17 pm
ALKB wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:13 pm
Eli123 wrote:
ALKB wrote:

Lol I know but If I say the name in French you would not know 😊 I meant I will contact the tax advisor.
Using the actual designations of authorities is actually helpful. Because going from tax company to HM revenues France to tax advisor is not at all clear.

I am still not sure whether you are going to the centre des impôts (or is it the trésorerie? Not sure which one would be the relevant authority) or an independent advisor that you pay for taking care of your freelancing accounts.

In any case, it's good to get professional advice on this. If you are properly registered in France and can show the paperwork, you can use the income for Surinder Singh (although it might be arguable that it's not exactly necessary to live in France to remotely work for an American company). I am not at all sure whether you can register retroactively, so you might only be able to use income received after registering as self employed.

Eli123
inactive

Post by Eli123 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:15 pm

I have another question. Receiving housing benefit would that affect the Surinder Singh application?

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:19 pm

Eli123 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:15 pm
I have another question. Receiving housing benefit would that affect the Surinder Singh application?
Are you currently receiving the equivalent of housing benefit in France or do you mean to apply for benefits once back in the UK?

Eli123
inactive

Post by Eli123 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:24 pm

We made an application few weeks ago but it has not been accepted yet. However in France you receive housing benefit to your bank so maybe roughly €100 or €200 each month in helping out your rent.

So that money is sent to residents bank towards rent.

We do not receive any benefits.

Eli123
inactive

Surinder Singh- Please Help (Claiming Benefit)

Post by Eli123 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:14 pm

Hello,

I am a british citizen and my husband has a french residence card so we live in France. We will be applying for the surinder singh maybe in few months before the deadline of the transition.

I am planning to apply for housing benefit in France would that cause a problem for this application? We do not receive any other benefits.

Eli123
inactive

Re: Surinder Singh- Please Help (Claiming Benefit)

Post by Eli123 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:10 am

Hello,

I am a british citizen working in France and my husband has a french residence card. So we will be planning to apply for surinder singh.

Do we still have time? I am planning to apply in maybe 3 months so before summer.

When we move to the UK I will straight look for work.
Is there any important things that we should know please? I am aware of what documents are needed.

Thanks

Eli123
inactive

Surinder Singh Treaty rights (PLEASE HELP)

Post by Eli123 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:11 am

Hello,

I am a British citizen and my husband has a residence card in france. So I have been living in France for the past 4 years with my husband. We are planning to move to the UK. I earn 364-450 euros per month and my husband works and earns more. Is this okay?

One more question; when I move back to the UK i will look for work straight away, but somebody told me that before moving that you should have a job ready? Is this true?

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: Surinder Singh Treaty rights (PLEASE HELP)

Post by ALKB » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:20 pm

Eli123 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:11 am
Hello,

I am a British citizen and my husband has a residence card in france. So I have been living in France for the past 4 years with my husband. We are planning to move to the UK. I earn 364-450 euros per month and my husband works and earns more. Is this okay?

One more question; when I move back to the UK i will look for work straight away, but somebody told me that before moving that you should have a job ready? Is this true?
"Eligibility for your British family member

Your British family member must either have the right to permanent residence in the EEA country where you’ve lived together, or have been one of the following there:

working
self-employed
self-sufficient
studying

If they’ve been back in the UK for more than 3 months, they must also be working, looking for work, self-employed, self-sufficient or studying in the UK."

source: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/surinder-singh

Eli123
inactive

Post by Eli123 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:52 pm

Thank you for your message.

Yes I am a British Citizen and working in France. I earn about €364-450 euros, is this sufficient? I have been living in France for the past 4 years. I have been married for 4 years. So we have our rent letters, bills and etc.

Would receiving housing benefit affect this visa? I have not received any benefits at all but we want to apply for benefit?

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:27 am

Eli123 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:52 pm

Yes I am a British Citizen and working in France. I earn about €364-450 euros, is this sufficient? I have been living in France for the past 4 years. I have been married for 4 years. So we have our rent letters, bills and etc.

Would receiving housing benefit affect this visa? I have not received any benefits at all but we want to apply for benefit?
The quote from the UK government website was not about you working in France but that a British national (you) using Surinder Singh for their non-EU family members will have to meet the same requirements as EU nationals at the latest after being in the UK for three months. This means, You'd ideally have a job within three months after arrival in the UK.

I do not know how Surinder Singh applications are treated in practice now. My personal opinion is, that most probably your income will not be enough or will at least invite extra close scrutiny of your application. I am also not sure whether receiving housing benefit in France would truly affect your application but it can be seen as an indicator that you are not earning enough for your job to be effective / that you were a burden on your host country.

Apart from a tenancy agreement and bills, what will you provide to show that you integrated into French society?

Eli123
inactive

Post by Eli123 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:46 am

Thanks for your message. No problem we wont apply for the benefit. My husband earns more than me and he has a french residence card. I work as a teacher/animator.

Yes when I arrive in the UK I will look for a job straight away.

We have evidence of the following:

* That we have lived together with all our addresses showing documents the past 4 years.

* Wage slips and contract

* Bank statements

* Utility bills

*Rent letters/

*Proof of tax registration

*Enrolment in language course for few weeks.

* Marriage certificate

* I have a health insurance card and transport card in France

Would you think these are sufficient for the surinder singh application? I am thinking to apply before summer.

If my husband does a get visa and then if we move to the UK, I will look for work straight away and I will earn more obviously. If we do move back, I might be going back to my old job that I worked 4 years ago.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:33 pm

ALKB wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:27 am
Eli123 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:52 pm

The quote from the UK government website was not about you working in France but that a British national (you) using Surinder Singh for their non-EU family members will have to meet the same requirements as EU nationals at the latest after being in the UK for three months. This means, You'd ideally have a job within three months after arrival in the UK.

I do not know how Surinder Singh applications are treated in practice now. My personal opinion is, that most probably your income will not be enough or will at least invite extra close scrutiny of your application. I am also not sure whether receiving housing benefit in France would truly affect your application but it can be seen as an indicator that you are not earning enough for your job to be effective / that you were a burden on your host country.

Apart from a tenancy agreement and bills, what will you provide to show that you integrated into French society?
So your only indication that you integrated in French society in four years are a few weeks of language studies?

How many weeks?

Did you pass any French proficiency exams?

Join any clubs? Local groups? Volunteering of some sorts?

Eli123
inactive

Post by Eli123 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:50 pm

I went about 3 weeks because it involved training and so as language course so I just have a letter confirming that I have been offered the course and the date that I started. I have been to the job centre few times and have letters which I am registered.

I just done one exam but didn't receive results but will check with them.

I have not joined any groups or clubs/or any volunteering. Apart from my current job, I have also teached English to many family/friends children at home so helping them without charging them.

So do you think the integration part wont be sufficient? What do I need to?

Eli123
inactive

Post by Eli123 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:53 pm

I forgot to mention, would library registration be sufficient for the integration? If I show my registration.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:25 pm

Eli123 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:53 pm
I forgot to mention, would library registration be sufficient for the integration? If I show my registration.
I don't know.

To be honest, a three week language course and a library card seem startlingly little to show for four years in a country.

Eli123
inactive

Post by Eli123 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:01 pm

I dont know what to do :( My husband speaks full french and which I don't. I thought because I am the British Citizen that I do not need to speak that much.

My job in Paris is teaching English so french is not needed most of the times.

Is there any ideas you can offer as to what else does integration involve?

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:19 pm

Eli123 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:01 pm

I dont know what to do :( My husband speaks full french and which I don't. I thought because I am the British Citizen that I do not need to speak that much.

My job in Paris is teaching English so french is not needed most of the times.

Is there any ideas you can offer as to what else does integration involve?

As I said, I don't know how these things are handled at the moment. You may well be lucky and the length of your stay may outweigh your lack of integration.

I have moved to the place where I live now 1.5 years ago and could hand over a full folder of evidence that I am involved in the community.

Do you have any hobbies? Like anything you do that involves interacting with local French people?

It would be hard to 'create' something that simply didn't take place for the last four years.

Did you exchange your UK drivers license to a French one?

Eli123
inactive

Post by Eli123 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:57 pm

I am not involved in any hobbies :( regards to being involved in the community I have not done so, I just have friends/family that I helped before with English language and travelled a lot in Paris.

I was thinking to register myself at a fitness centre but I haven't yet, I just go to the local park for exercises.

Afraid I have not exchanged my driving licence as I don't drive here, I only use public transport.

Normally we was continuing to live in France, but we have to move back to the UK due to my disabled brother as its getting hard my family and second reason I grew up in the UK so I have better chances of working there.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:35 am

Eli123 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:57 pm
I am not involved in any hobbies :( regards to being involved in the community I have not done so, I just have friends/family that I helped before with English language and travelled a lot in Paris.

I was thinking to register myself at a fitness centre but I haven't yet, I just go to the local park for exercises.

Afraid I have not exchanged my driving licence as I don't drive here, I only use public transport.

Normally we was continuing to live in France, but we have to move back to the UK due to my disabled brother as its getting hard my family and second reason I grew up in the UK so I have better chances of working there.
Is your family in Paris close family? Is the family relation easily demonstrated by birth certificates or similar official documents?

Do you have photos of yourself attending festivals or other cultural events?

When are you moving?

Suddenly joining all sorts of groups right before moving back may just look desperate and artificial.

There are loads of people who never join any groups/clubs/organisations. Especially in big cities this seems very common as everybody is a lot more anonymous and insular than in smaller places, also people are busy and may prefer to just relax at home instead of singing in a choir or meeting with a book club after work. Which is completely fine, only that most of those people don't have to prove integration for immigration purposes.

Learning the language would have been really good, as it would have shown an effort to make yourself more attractive to the French job market and also that you are interested in connecting with France. But what's done is done. C'est la vie.

At least you are in Paris and don't have to travel long distances to apply for an EEA family permit. Just add any kind of proof you can find and try. Your length of stay may go a long way.

Eli123
inactive

Post by Eli123 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:25 am

In Paris I just have 1 cousin and the others are relatives, my husband has a auntie she has the same surname. So their names would not be on any birth certificates.

I think I do have photos of an event that I attended. We are planning to move before summer so maybe June.

Definitely your right, I wouldn't join a club just because of the visa :) I just love travelling and visiting attractions in Paris. So I still want to visit many more attractions having a tourism degree background.

Yes definitely your right in regards to the language but I know a little and can understand French. The job centre tested me which I took a exam and then they checked my results and offered a A2 class which was a bit hard because the group spoke french well and they started before me and it had a training session as well, so I didn't continue because they should have arranged me into a lower level for the language. Most of the words are similar to English.

Thank you for all your help :) Yes I have proof of documents for the past 4 years. The application is done online and then you have to visit the Embassy.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:47 pm

Eli123 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:25 am
In Paris I just have 1 cousin and the others are relatives, my husband has a auntie she has the same surname. So their names would not be on any birth certificates.

I think I do have photos of an event that I attended. We are planning to move before summer so maybe June.

Definitely your right, I wouldn't join a club just because of the visa :) I just love travelling and visiting attractions in Paris. So I still want to visit many more attractions having a tourism degree background.

Yes definitely your right in regards to the language but I know a little and can understand French. The job centre tested me which I took a exam and then they checked my results and offered a A2 class which was a bit hard because the group spoke french well and they started before me and it had a training session as well, so I didn't continue because they should have arranged me into a lower level for the language. Most of the words are similar to English.

Thank you for all your help :) Yes I have proof of documents for the past 4 years. The application is done online and then you have to visit the Embassy.
Good luck!

Please keep us posted on how you get on.