ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Housing benefit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sandyerin
Newly Registered
India

Housing benefit

Post by Sandyerin » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:29 pm

I am British citizen and my partner is illegal but I got baby with her,my baby is British , we made a joint claim for housing benefit.is there any reason they can cancel it ?? We applied for it and now waiting for reply. I am eligible for it but my partner is not because she’s illegal.

Amber
Mood:

Re: Housing benefit

Post by Amber » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:15 pm

You can’t make a new claim for housing benefit, it would be UC?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Sandyerin
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sandyerin » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:53 pm

I applied for uc and they cancelled it last month because they said you have to make a joint claim . I told them she’s illegal but they said still you have to make joint claim.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:01 pm

Ok, so you claimed universal credit, not housing benefit. Yes, it has to be a joint claim which will be reverted to a single claim once your partner has their Habitual Residence Test decision.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.