ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

murmurka
Newly Registered

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by murmurka » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:49 am

A few times!

docado

Post by docado » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:06 pm

OptimisticNow wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:24 am
Mando wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:41 am
OptimisticNow wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:09 pm
Hello guys. I did my biometrics on the 7th of Feb and haven’t received anything yet. It’s almost a month. Do you think I should call them? If they require additional info, do they call or email?
I am in similar situation with roughly same dates. My biometrics was done on the 3th of Feb. Also have not heard anything yet. I will try to call them and let you know and please do update if you have an updates. Best of luck.
No problem. Pls let me know. I will wait maybe till tomorrow lunch time, and if nothing happens, call them.
[/q
Hi Guys,
I have biometrics on 28.01 and haven't received anything yet, althogh called couple of times, they answered same it is in progress and keep an eye on your email. I have no idea why it is taking tremendous amount of time. For me, Family permit is going to expire next week and its worriesome now as no COA yet. Anyone else having the same situation whose FP is expiring soon or already expired and still in waiting for COA...

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:19 am

Hi guys please need to clear few things!

Visited MPs office today to ask him in order to escalate my case as my mum is sick and i dont have valid id for travel.
He asked me to send evidence of mother’s sickness to HO it might be helpful in escalation. ( she is cancer patient for last four years and developed brain tumour recently which caused her more health issues)
he said he will ( email HO) in this regard. But i had to discuss my case with his PA first and i guess he was mixing up eu settlement with something else
The points he raised were
1. Your partner should be practicing treaty rights(i dont think so)
2. She has to apply before you apply ( i dont think so) means she needs to get settle or pre-settle status before the non- eu
3. Before the decision HO can call you guys for an interview ( never heard of)
Even we were married in register office in uk.
But HO never asked for interview.
4. I told him that case worker asked for more evidence mid of feb. Which we sent the same day.

He also said that settlement scheme could be scrapped its just matter of time.

Most importantly
When respected MP saw my application submission date (November 2019) he said ooww its good you applied before brexit announcement.
My question would be why is it so. And what is going to happen if you applied afterwards.
I guess somthing is cooking
Please share your reviews.and shed some light on the points
And pray for my mum please.
Thanks alot

Dk seema
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Dk seema » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:19 am

Some time you find people which doesn’t even know what they r saying but always think they r right.Dont worry you will get your decision soon
Even my partner hasn’t applied yet but I still got my settled status
I hope your mom will be get better soon
Good luck with your application my friend

docado

Post by docado » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:34 am

Alijee786 wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:19 am

Visited MPs office today to ask him in order to escalate my case as my mum is sick and i dont have valid id for travel.
He asked me to send evidence of mother’s sickness to HO it might be helpful in escalation. ( she is cancer patient for last four years and developed brain tumour recently which caused her more health issues)
he said he will ( email HO) in this regard. But i had to discuss my case with his PA first and i guess he was mixing up eu settlement with something else
2. She has to apply before you apply ( i dont think so) means she needs to get settle or pre-settle status before the non- eu
4. I told him that case worker asked for more evidence mid of feb. Which we sent the same day.

Most importantly
When respected MP saw my application submission date (November 2019) he said ooww its good you applied before brexit announcement.
My question would be why is it so. And what is going to happen if you applied afterwards.
Thanks alot
Dear Alijee786,
I wish your mom a speedy recovery and I wish you get your positive decision asap. We can speculate that applications processed after brexit might be differently but practically its not happening, in this forum we have seen people applied in Jan and Feb and got decisions quickly through settlement scheme.
In my opinion, you should submit some medical certificate for your mother it will speed up process as well.Would you please mind to share what was your background before applying for EU settlement scheme? Have you been relied on EEA citizen like,EEA Family Permit, EEA RC etc.
Your partner is practicing treaty right? is he or she a qualified person with a status? It will also make your case straightforward. I think there wouldn't be any interview and if you supplemented more evidence as they required in Feb, It doesn't look it will take any longer now.

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:55 pm

docado wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:34 am
Alijee786 wrote:

Most importantly
Thanks alot
Dear Alijee786,
I wish your mom a speedy recovery and I wish you get your positive decision asap. We can speculate that applications processed after brexit might be differently but practically its not happening, in this forum we have seen people applied in Jan and Feb and got decisions quickly through settlement scheme.
In my opinion, you should submit some medical certificate for your mother it will speed up process as well.Would you please mind to share what was your background before applying for EU settlement scheme? Have you been relied on EEA citizen like,EEA Family Permit, EEA RC etc.
Your partner is practicing treaty right? is he or she a qualified person with a status? It will also make your case straightforward. I think there wouldn't be any interview and if you supplemented more evidence as they required in Feb, It doesn't look it will take any longer now.
I had tier 4 previously.
My wife’s mum is sick too so she had to leave the job. So she is on and off for the job. She had to fly to her country few times
She’s been in uk for last 12 years. Only negative is she has a financial ccj and bad credit history. Even the phone contract is in my name.
I had never relied on her before. So after marriage in uk I applied for eu settlement.

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:57 pm

Alijee786 wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:55 pm
docado wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:34 am
Alijee786 wrote:

Most importantly
Thanks alot
Dear Alijee786,
I had tier 4 previously.
My wife’s mum is sick too so she had to leave the job. So she is on and off for the job. She had to fly to her country few times
She’s been in uk for last 12 years. Only negative is she has a financial ccj and bad credit history. Even the phone contract is in my name.
I had never relied on her before. So after marriage in uk I applied for eu settlement.
Also how should i submit the medical evidence. Post it to HO or upload in application????
I have got all the 4-5 year records.

hamzakhan
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by hamzakhan » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:32 pm

Alijee786 wrote:

Most importantly
Thanks alot
sorry to hear about your mother alijee..

i just login in for you when i read your message.

i am a non eu family member..
i applied before my sponser.
they hold my case after submit my case.
they said to me when your sponsor will apply then you will get decision.

so after heard those remarks my sponser applied and it took sponser 4 month to get his setteld status but my was still waiting after his couple of week i got my decision.

i think they hold your case but they wont tell you.

i know this is the main reason thats why you are still waiting.
i got my decision after 6 months.

Dk seema
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Dk seema » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:11 pm

hamzakhan wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:32 pm
Alijee786 wrote:

Most importantly
Thanks alot

so after heard those remarks my sponser applied and it took sponser 4 month to get his setteld status but my was still waiting after his couple of week i got my decision.

My sponser hasnt applied
But still I got my settled status
I don’t know how this system works
I think no one knows
Even people who r dealing with this they even don’t know how this system works
Be positive you will get your positive decision soon

Dk seema
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Dk seema » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:15 pm

hamzakhan wrote:
Alijee786 wrote:

Most importantly
Thanks alot

My sponser hasnt applied
I think no one knows
And even they were keep telling me that
If your sponsor wouldn’t apply they can’t give me my decision
All this they say just to get rid from your call
People who r dealing with calls they don’t have any information .They just see any week point in application and start a getting rid from caller with that point
But don’t scare from these kind of words
Be positive

hamzakhan
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by hamzakhan » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:36 pm

Dk seema wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:15 pm
hamzakhan wrote:
Alijee786 wrote:

Most importantly
Thanks alot

My sponser hasnt applied
I think no one knows
And even they were keep telling me that
If your sponsor wouldn’t apply they can’t give me my decision
All this they say just to get rid from your call
People who r dealing with calls they don’t have any information .They just see any week point in application and start a getting rid from caller with that point
But don’t scare from these kind of words
Be positive
I agree with you 100 percent.
i was shocked when they told me.
they just looking for weak point so people dont call them.

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:58 pm

Thanks for your prayers guys
I am positive IA good news soon.
I am not scared i was thinking that the pA of mp mixed up family permit with eu settlement. So got little worried about practice of treaty rights. Coz my wife is not working at the moment. She is on and off to work.

Jalalleo
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Jalalleo » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:36 pm

Hi , can I apply for eu settlement if I hold valid 2.5 years DL I am non -eu . My wife already got settlement status permanent and she is EU national )

Dk seema
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Dk seema » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:28 pm

Jalalleo wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:36 pm
Hi , can I apply for eu settlement if I hold valid 2.5 years DL I am non -eu . My wife already got settlement status permanent and she is EU national )
Yes you can

Saa123
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Saa123 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:27 pm

I don’t understand why it takes them too much time to answer ppls apply in November

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:53 pm

Saa123 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:27 pm
I don’t understand why it takes them too much time to answer ppls apply in November
Mostly they are taking longer for non-eu. And further delays are caused when they can’t find certain info and they perform manual checks. This what i get from them every time. My self waiting since November

Saa123
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Saa123 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:05 pm

Alijee786 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:53 pm
Saa123 wrote:
Mostly they are taking longer for non-eu. And further delays are caused when they can’t find certain info and they perform manual checks. This what i get from them every time. My self waiting since November
I have called them many times they saying every thing fine
I hope your mum will be good soon inshallah

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:11 pm

Saa123 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:05 pm
Alijee786 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:53 pm
Saa123 wrote:
I have called them many times they saying every thing fine
I hope your mum will be good soon inshallah
This what they say to everyone. They only have limited access. They cant tell what process caseworker is running. They just answer generic. One day the eu resolution tell you one thing and next day caseworker send you something diff. ( from my experience so far)

Thanx for prayers

docado

Post by docado » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:34 pm

Hello Guys,
I would appreciate your opinions as I am worried about the application of my family member. The applicant is a Extended family member(brother) holding EEA Family Permit, applied for EU settlement scheme on 28 Jan 2020 . Until now haave not received COA or decision yet. The evidence of application submitted is only which got an email of successful submission and generated an application number. The family permit is going to expire on Friday this week.
I was reading through different threads that for extended family members in EU settlement scheme there should not revoked or expired family permit. I am anxious in our case how it would be considered, as its going to expire this week and at the time of decision it would be expired if not made by friday ? Please share your experience or opinion in this scenerio its worrying me. Thank you so much in advance.

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:35 pm

docado wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:34 pm
Hello Guys,
I would appreciate your opinions as I am worried about the application of my family member. The applicant is a Extended family member(brother) holding EEA Family Permit, applied for EU settlement scheme on 28 Jan 2020 . Until now haave not received COA or decision yet. The evidence of application submitted is only which got an email of successful submission and generated an application number. The family permit is going to expire on Friday this week.
I was reading through different threads that for extended family members in EU settlement scheme there should not revoked or expired family permit. I am anxious in our case how it would be considered, as its going to expire this week and at the time of decision it would be expired if not made by friday ? Please share your experience or opinion in this scenerio its worrying me. Thank you so much in advance.
You have submitted application in time. CoA that applicant receive is valid for 6 months.
I guess it doesn’t matter if your visa expires after submission. Point is that you have submitted a valid application in time. So as far as i can see it should be fine.
Correct me plz if wrong
Thanx

docado

Post by docado » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:11 pm

Alijee786 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:35 pm
docado wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:34 pm
Hello Guys,
You have submitted application in time. CoA that applicant receive is valid for 6 months.
I guess it doesn’t matter if your visa expires after submission. Point is that you have submitted a valid application in time. So as far as i can see it should be fine.
Correct me plz if wrong
Thanx
Hi Alijee786,
Thank you for your reply. COA hasn't been received yet, so thats why I am worry about. Wouldn't be worry if COA would have issued

diamond45
Newly Registered

Post by diamond45 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:43 pm

Leo_one wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:35 pm
diamond45 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:54 am
Leo_one wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:38 pm
Update
My mother got EU settlement scheme family permit for 6 months in Pakistan after her arrival in UK I have submitted her pre settled status.
She arrived on 03/10/2018
Applied online pre settled on 10/10/2019
Biometric on 15/10/2019
COA got on 08/11/2019 at 13:45
Pre settled status got 08/11/2019 at 14:00
Thanks Allah
Good luck and best of wishes for all those are waiting for decision.

Hi Leo_one. What documents did you submit when applying for your mother. I am non eea family member of EU citizen and we are both got settled status. I want to apply for my mother in eu Scheme family permit. Does my EU spouse can sponsor her. Thank you in advance for your reply.
Hi Diamond 45

I have submitted proof of relationship and bank statement proof of money transfer by me in her bank account. Actually I have made the application on her behalf online and made booking for biometric in Pakistan. Documents can’t be upload here so sent all required documents sent by dhl to her and i have paid the fee here to biometric agency for upload the documents there. If you are non Eu national then you can’t do but your wife can do and she have to made history that your mother dependant on her and in application give her settlement status UAN.
Many thanks Leo_one for the reply. Can I ask you too. Did you buy return tickets for your mother to come to UK if she holds only EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit to join. It is required return ticket. I will appreciate your kind response. Thank you in advance

bwunmi

Post by bwunmi » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:37 am

Tiktok wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:13 am
I just want to share my family timeline
He's an overstayed his visit visa his 27 years old

He applied to the eu settlement scheme on the 13/02/2020
He applied on the basis of his cousin his French with settled status he translated his cousin birth certificate and his and family link and then applied to the eu settlement and gess what on the 28/02/202 he received his pre settled status.
Congratulations.
Wow that's a fast one. Please did he apply online or he did the paper application?

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:19 am

Non-EU with EEA RC received in the beginning of February. Sponsor (husband) has pre-settled status:

15/02/20 - applied for EUSS (id-ed by BRC, gave husbands’ ref number, attached 2 bills and wedding certificate)
15/02/20 - COA
11/03/20 - pre-settled status granted

I guess I have a very straightforward case as I’ve just received EEA card. The process was smooth and easy for me

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:54 am

It seems nothing is happening lately regarding decision making specially for people that applied in Jan. and early Feb., no COA, no email from case workers, no updates even for people that applied Nov, Dec last year as well.
What's going on or are people not posting updates anymore?
I'm confused 🙄🙄🙄
Hope Coronavirus isn't affecting decision making 😂 😂😂
God help us please 🙏🙏🙏