ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help uploading documents! Can't see where to upload my referee declaration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kendom
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Applying for naturalisation as a minor

Post by Kendom » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:49 am

Hi,

I've been lurking for a while in this forum and decided to make a post. I was hoping to get help on an issue right I'm struggling with right now. My family (children and father) is applying for naturalisation after all of us obtained indefinite leave over a year ago. I'm wondering as to my sister who is a minor 17. How will she apply? She has not yet done her life in the UK test or language test being a minor. Will my father have to apply with her as a dependant? Or can she apply for herself and simply disclose her age through mentioning her date of birth.

Just to note my father has ILR and my mother is overseas with no ILR

vinny

Re: Applying for naturalisation as a minor

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:03 am

Children under 18 do not naturalise. They register, probably under Section 3(1), if they were born to non-British parents outside the UK. No KoLL required for minors.

How were you able to get ILR without your mother? Does your father have sole responsibility over you? How old are you and your sister? How long have the children been in the UK?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Kendom
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Kendom » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:35 am

vinny wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:03 am
Children under 18 do not naturalise. They register, probably under Section 3(1), if they were born to non-British parents outside the UK. No KoLL required for minors.

How were you able to get ILR without your mother? Does your father have sole responsibility over you? How old are you and your sister? How long have the children been in the UK?
I'm not sure, Im pretty ignorant of the whole process but I am 25 and my sister is 17, we have been in the UK since April 2003. We live with our father and see our mother rarely. My father was born out of the UK in Nigeria and so was our mother. My sister was born out of the UK but lived there only just over 2 months before we moved to the UK. My query is how the application goes for her. Do we use a different form to the naturalisation form.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:31 am

For sister, see also Apply for your children and MN1.

For you, you may naturalise independently. KoLL required for you too.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Kendom
Newly Registered
Nigeria

What does it mean by "do you have a valid national identity card

Post by Kendom » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:28 am

Hi I've been filling out the form and I've come across this question which has baffled me, asking "do you have a valid national identity card? As a non EEA national am I supposed to provide my biometrics?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: What does it mean by "do you have a valid national identity card

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:16 pm

Kendom wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:28 am
Hi I've been filling out the form and I've come across this question which has baffled me, asking "do you have a valid national identity card? As a non EEA national am I supposed to provide my biometrics?

Thanks
It refers to an identity card from your home country. Usually EU citizens can use theirs or their passport. It doesn't apply to non eu ilr holders and is not required.

It is also not the same thing as enrolling your biometrics, which everyone has to do.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kendom
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: What does it mean by "do you have a valid national identity card

Post by Kendom » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:16 pm
Kendom wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:28 am

Thanks
It refers to an identity card from your home country. Usually EU citizens can use theirs or their passport. It doesn't apply to non eu ilr holders and is not required.

It is also not the same thing as enrolling your biometrics, which everyone has to do.
Thank you dearly for the response

Kendom
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Help uploading documents! Can't see where to upload my referee declaration

Post by Kendom » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:19 pm

Hi guys another question. I'm in the uploading documents stage in UKVCAS and I don't see where to upload my referee's declaration. It's simply asked me to upload a mandatory document and then lists some others that are optional. However I don't see refers declaration mentioned anywhere. Will I upload that on a different page?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help uploading documents! Can't see where to upload my referee declaration

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:22 pm

It doesn't matter where you upload it. The categories are only a guide. You can upload in the mandatory section.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kendom
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Kendom » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:25 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:22 pm
It doesn't matter where you upload it. The categories are only a guide. You can upload in the mandatory section.
Sorry I forgot to thank you for your answer. Much appreciated. Hope no one minds answering one more question, the documents that I upload to support my application (letters from GP etc) do they have to be originals? Can they be copies?
Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:22 am

Kendom wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:25 am
CR001 wrote:
Sorry I forgot to thank you for your answer. Much appreciated. Hope no one minds answering one more question, the documents that I upload to support my application (letters from GP etc) do they have to be originals? Can they be copies?
Thanks
Question is not really applicable.
The file you upload is a copy of the original, even if original was a copy in the first place.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Kendom
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Kendom » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:31 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:22 am
Kendom wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:25 am
CR001 wrote:
Thanks
Question is not really applicable.
The file you upload is a copy of the original, even if original was a copy in the first place.
Ahh see I thought I misunderstood that. Somehow I interpreted it to mean that the doc I uploaded had to be for example my Original letter from school and not a copy of it. Understand what I mean? Thanks for the reply