ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need to travel abroad right after citizenship ceremony

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

javiercarrillo
Newly Registered
Peru

Need to travel abroad right after citizenship ceremony

Post by javiercarrillo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:22 pm

Hi everyone,

I am attending the citizenship ceremony next Monday. Super happy about this!

However, due to work, I need to travel abroad on the following Thursday. This means I will not have enough time to get an Irish passport and will have to travel with my Peruvian passport. Also, since I will be Irish, I will not be getting my IRP back (I submitted it for the ceremony).

My question is: do I still need to apply for a re-entry visa? given that, officially, I will be an Irish citizen. Do you know if presenting my naturalization certificate at border would be enough?

Thanks,
Javier

Bealtaine
Ireland

Re: Need to travel abroad right after citizenship ceremony

Post by Bealtaine » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:30 pm

You should be fine with the naturalisation certificate.
If you live in Dublin, you can go to the GNIB office and join the que where you merely ask questions (as per a friend of mine who went there to get something sorted) and request for a stamp 6.

javiercarrillo
Newly Registered
Peru

Post by javiercarrillo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:40 pm

Thanks Bealtaine. I read however that, even after I get the Stamp 6, I would still have to ask for a re-entry visa -_- ....so, I guess I will have to do that anyway and won't be able to travel as soon as needed.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:54 pm

You do not need a visa to enter Ireland. A copy of your naturalisation certificate will suffice.
You may need a visa for your flight, depending on the airline's policy. Most airlines will want to check your visa or IRP card before they allow you to board the plane. A naturalisation certificate is not a valid travel document so they may not accept it.

It's only 25 Feb today so you should have plenty of time to apply for a re-entry visa. Simply fill in your application form, send the application, your passport, copy of approval and invitation letter, proof of travel dates by registered mail to the re-entry visa office. They should be able to get back to you in a few days.
You don't need your passport for naturalisation ceremony. A driving licence or a Garda age card is sufficient.

Blessings123
Pakistan

Post by Blessings123 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:50 am

I am in similar situation. Attending ceremony on 3rd and then have to travel to my home country soon so won’t be having time to get Irish passport. I do have valid Irish re entry visa till 2021 but won’t have IRP card. Question is that since they inis has finished reentry visa and our irp card was enough to travel to Ireland. So do you think I will have any issue travelling back to Ireland with Irish reentry visa only and no gnib card? Should I still get stamp 6 if I already have valid reentry visa

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:20 am

If you have a re-entry visa you are fine.

Leswan09
Newly Registered
Mood:
Mauritius

Post by Leswan09 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:09 am

Blessings123 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:50 am
I am in similar situation. Attending ceremony on 3rd and then have to travel to my home country soon so won’t be having time to get Irish passport. I do have valid Irish re entry visa till 2021 but won’t have IRP card. Question is that since they inis has finished reentry visa and our irp card was enough to travel to Ireland. So do you think I will have any issue travelling back to Ireland with Irish reentry visa only and no gnib card? Should I still get stamp 6 if I already have valid reentry visa

you need a re-entry visa. I did the same last December. send the application, your passport, photo, copy of the approval and, proof of travel dates by registered mail to the re-entry visa office.it should not take long to receive the re-entry visa back as they are not busy, that what the re-entry visa supervisor told me.

Blessings123
Pakistan

Post by Blessings123 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:10 am

Leswan09 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:09 am
Blessings123 wrote:

you need a re-entry visa. I did the same last December. send the application, your passport, photo, copy of the approval and, proof of travel dates by registered mail to the re-entry visa office.it should not take long to receive the re-entry visa back as they are not busy, that what the re-entry visa supervisor told me.
Thanks for the reply. I already have a reentry visa valid till 2021. I was just asking if I need stamp 6 in addition to reentry visa as I will be travelling without my IRP

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:36 pm

No you don’t need a Stamp 6. Re entry visa is the only thing you need. In fact, even if you have a Stamp 6, you still need to apply for a re-entry visa.

Leswan09
Newly Registered
Mood:
Mauritius

Post by Leswan09 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:39 pm

Blessings123 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:10 am
Leswan09 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:09 am
Blessings123 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I already have a reentry visa valid till 2021. I was just asking if I need stamp 6 in addition to reentry visa as I will be travelling without my IRP
you don't need stamp 6, just your re-entry is enough

phoenix49
Ireland

Post by phoenix49 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:56 pm

HI there! I'm in a similar situation - gave up my IRP card and didn't get into the latest ceremony. Now I have some travels planned in summer, can I use the form for Stamp 6 holders for reentry applications and send the citizenship letter copy along with the application? I have a stamp 4, I guess I don't need the stamp 6, just the application form? Thanks!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:10 pm

phoenix49 wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:56 pm
HI there! I'm in a similar situation - gave up my IRP card and didn't get into the latest ceremony. Now I have some travels planned in summer, can I use the form for Stamp 6 holders for reentry applications and send the citizenship letter copy along with the application? I have a stamp 4, I guess I don't need the stamp 6, just the application form? Thanks!
You are not an Irish citizen yet so you can't use the Stamp 6. Just use the standard re-entry visa application form, a copy of your approval letter, and proof of travel (stating your travel dates). Put a cover letter stating why you need a re-entry visa.

ibwe
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by ibwe » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:37 pm

phoenix49 wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:56 pm
I agree with littlerr in that you are not an Irish citizen yet. You are an Irish citizen from the date of issue of the certificate of naturalisation. Apart from minors, you get this certificate during [url=ttps://www.irishimmigration.ie/citizenship/cit ... eremonies/]citizenship ceremony[/url].

phoenix49
Ireland

Post by phoenix49 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:30 am

Thanks! But which one is a standard form? There's only one for minors and another for stamp 6 holders. I'm planning on filling out the form for stamp 6 holders attach an approval letter copy and explain everything in a cover letter.

mrrobot
Mood:
Ireland

Post by mrrobot » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:43 am

phoenix49 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:30 am
Thanks! But which one is a standard form? There's only one for minors and another for stamp 6 holders. I'm planning on filling out the form for stamp 6 holders attach an approval letter copy and explain everything in a cover letter.
You are not an irish citizen, therefore you can’t use stamp 6 form. There’s a regular re entry visa form for adults. It was abolished, but pdf form is still available online. Just google it, it’s one of the first results

phoenix49
Ireland

Post by phoenix49 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:33 pm

The reason I was asking was that my question to Inis about this was answered that I can use the form for stamp 6 holders, even if it's for citizens with dual citizenship. I didn't want to use an old form found in Google as it may not be accepted, at the same time, wasn't sure if anyone had used the stamp 6 reentry form to get reentry visa.

In the end, I think it doesn't really matter which form to use, as in, if I use the old form, it requires an IRP card, payment, etc - which I won't provide anyway.

Too bad there are grey areas like this in the process. I'll update this thread once I get the visa :)

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:38 pm

Yeah I think it shouldn’t really matter which form you use. They don’t have a process yet for people in this situation, so they are not going to give you a hard time.

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:29 pm

phoenix49 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:33 pm
The reason I was asking was that my question to Inis about this was answered that I can use the form for stamp 6 holders, even if it's for citizens with dual citizenship. I didn't want to use an old form found in Google as it may not be accepted, at the same time, wasn't sure if anyone had used the stamp 6 reentry form to get reentry visa.

In the end, I think it doesn't really matter which form to use, as in, if I use the old form, it requires an IRP card, payment, etc - which I won't provide anyway.

Too bad there are grey areas like this in the process. I'll update this thread once I get the visa :)
From my recent experience was asked for tickets printed, form 6 filled and 2 photos send by registered post. 3-5 days for visa to be ready, if you want collect in person from office you will need to specify in the letter.

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:16 pm

...and copy of approval letter. In your case I guess citizenship certificate.

phoenix49
Ireland

Post by phoenix49 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:33 am

Stanina wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:29 pm
phoenix49 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:33 pm

From my recent experience was asked for tickets printed, form 6 filled and 2 photos send by registered post. 3-5 days for visa to be ready, if you want collect in person from office you will need to specify in the letter.
Thank you, thank you! Just wanted to see if anyone else had a similar case. I did all that, plus tickets, my wife's naturalisation certificate, letter of approval and printed email where they confirm that I can use the form.

kinginthenorth7
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by kinginthenorth7 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:58 pm

Hey Guys,

Was in a similar position after the last ceremony.

I sent my passport for a re-entry visa and they gave me a stamp 6 on my passport which helped me show that as a proof to airlines.

Blessings123
Pakistan

Post by Blessings123 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:33 pm

kinginthenorth7 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:58 pm
Hey Guys,

Was in a similar position after the last ceremony.

I sent my passport for a re-entry visa and they gave me a stamp 6 on my passport which helped me show that as a proof to airlines.
Hey. Could you please tell me the procedure to get stamp 6 on my passport? I got citizenship through naturalisation. My original naturalisation certificate is with passport office. I do have a colour copy of that. Please advice as I have travel plan coming soon.
Also. I clarified with reentry office. They say even though I have reentry visa I still need stamp 6 and my previous stamp 4 is not valid not after becoming Irish citizen