ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - Exceptional Talent (Global Talent Visa) stage process

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Deeepgodara
Newly Registered
India

Tier 1 - Exceptional Talent (Global Talent Visa) stage process

Post by Deeepgodara » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:32 am

Hey Everyone,

I got my endorsement letter for exceptional promise last Friday (21/02/2020). This week Tuesday (25/02/2020) I applied for my stage 2, but it was kinda weird as they rebranded it to global talent visa. My application said Global Talent Visa - Stage 2. Which is fine as exceptional promise endorsement letter is valid. But when I went to the VFS Global office for stage 2 their system didn't have any global talent option.

As I applied through priority service, I got an email from VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk saying,
"Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible."

I am kinda worried if I made any mistake or they did or what is it.
I submitted the following documents :
1. Endorsement letter
2. Passport
3. No TB - as I just came back from UK, I was there for 13 months
4. Financial statements
5. Offer letter from my co-founder
6. Accommodation letter from my friend to state that I will be staying(subletting) there for few weeks until I find my own place.
7. Flight tickets

I was kinda worried about documents as the document checklist was the same as tourist/business visa.

BTW my timeline if that helps anyone,
1. Applied at Tech nation stage 1 - 31/01/2020
2. Received endorsement - 21/02/2020
3. Applied for stage 2 - 25/02/2020
4. Visa received - Still awaiting....

Thanks,
Deep

jignasha210
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 1 - Exceptional Talent (Global Talent Visa) stage process

Post by jignasha210 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:25 pm

Hi Deep,
I have been awarded an International Fellowship in January-2020 called Research Leaders-2025 (MSCA COFUND fellowship through the EU’s Horizon 2020 program) with the Irish Science Institute based in Dublin for 3 years which will be my employer for the entire 3-year period. But Initially, AFBI in the UK, will be my host for the first 18 months (Out going phase). This award has been given to me in order to develop me as a research leader, termed “Research Leaders 2025” (Veterinary diseases field).

I have completed my PhD in 2016 from India, after that 2 years of experience as a Research Associate and 1 year as a Scientist in Forest Research Institute. Also, I have 13 Publication. So, as per recently launched Global Talent Visa Route, I am eligible for applying in the Potential leader/Exceptional promise category.

I am very grateful to you If you could guide me about what types of documents I need for the Endorsement letter application. UK based host institute wish me to join before August 2020.

Total How many recommendation letters I have to get from the UK based Eminent Professor.?
What types of documents I will ask from my funding Institute (Ireland)?

Any help will be appreciated?

Thanks
Jignasha

JasK
Newly Registered

Post by JasK » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:18 pm

Hi Deep,
I am also applying for T1 Global talent visa. May I ask you to share the template or content that you used. I need to get the idea how I should present my file.

Regards,
Jas

Gaurav Kaushik
Newly Registered
India

Post by Gaurav Kaushik » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:00 am

Hi Deep, I am Phd in life sciences from India with 5 years research experience. I do not have any job offer and recommendation letter from UK scientist. However, I have recommendations from Indian Scientists. Am I eligible to apply for the endorsement under the exceptional promise category? Thanks in advance!