ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing Chinese wife to UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Bringing Chinese wife to UK

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:09 am

geoeng wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:37 am
samuelchai wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:55 am
My wife's current teaching contract in HK is until August 2021. Will she still be eligible to apply for a 2 year visa to the UK?
Are you referring to the 2 year visitor visa?
No. I think they are referring to youth mobility scheme.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-5-youth-mobility/eligibility
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

samuelchai
Newly Registered
Israel

Post by samuelchai » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:44 pm

Thanks for your help.

Would not having paid off my student loan cause any complications for applying for my wife's spouse visa?

Cheers,

S

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:15 am

samuelchai wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:44 pm
Would not having paid off my student loan cause any complications for applying for my wife's spouse visa?
It shouldn't, personal financial circumstances like that are largely irrelevant to the requirements that must be met.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:50 am

vinny wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:12 am
Keep watching for updates.
If you’re applying to stay in the UK long-term
During these unique circumstances you’ll be able to apply from the UK to switch to a long-term UK visa until 31 May. This includes applications where you would usually need to apply for a visa from your home country.

You’ll need to meet the same visa requirements and pay the UK application fee.

This includes those whose leave has already been automatically extended to 31 March 2020.

You can apply online. The terms of your leave will remain the same until your application is decided.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

samuelchai
Newly Registered
Israel

Post by samuelchai » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:59 am

Thx so much for the update, Vinny.

All the best.