ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR for my wife, Advice needed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jware92
Newly Registered

FLR for my wife, Advice needed

Post by Jware92 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:51 pm

Hi there, Im new to these boards and was hoping you lovely people could help us out, my wife moved here from the states in November 2017, now the time has come to apply for further leave to remain, however we are struggling to understand what letters etc were to send in, so far we have the following:

03/18, Council tax, Sponsor
04/18, Water bill, Joint
04/18, Life ins, Joint
09/18, NHS letter, Applicant
10/18, Water bill, Joint
12/18, British gas, Sponsor
01/19, Car ins certificate, Both names listed
02/19, DBS certificate, Applicant
02/19, Mortgage statement, Sponsor
04/19, NHS letter, Applicant
04/19, Council tax, Sponsor
05/19, Water bill, Joint
10/19, Water bill, Joint
01/20, British gas, Sponsor
02/20, Car ins certificate, Both names listed
02/20, Mortgage statement, Sponsor
02/20, DBS renewal, Applicant
03/20, Council tax, Sponsor

I have also requested joint bank account statements but can not remember the dates exactly until they arrive in the post, is there anything I should add or remove from this list?

Although my wifes BRP says its valid until 25/07/20, am I right in thinking she has 30 months from her first entry which would take us to 01/05/20, therefore we should submit 28 days before this day?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated,
Many thanks

geoeng
Canada

Re: FLR for my wife, Advice needed

Post by geoeng » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:43 am

Jware92 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:51 pm
Although my wifes BRP says its valid until 25/07/20, am I right in thinking she has 30 months from her first entry which would take us to 01/05/20, therefore we should submit 28 days before this day?
28 days before reaching 30 months residence in the UK would be the earliest you could apply and still meet the requirement of 60 months residence in the UK for ILR without needing to apply for an additional extension. Any time between this date and the expiry of the BRP should be fine to apply.
Jware92 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:51 pm
Hi there, Im new to these boards and was hoping you lovely people could help us out, my wife moved here from the states in November 2017, now the time has come to apply for further leave to remain, however we are struggling to understand what letters etc were to send in
You have to provide 6 pieces of official correspondence addressed to you jointly at the same address from a minimum of a least 3 different sources spaced roughly evenly over the 2 years prior to the application date. An item of jointly addressed correspondence can be replaced with 2 pieces of individual correspondence, one addressed to each of you at the same address (e.g. if all joint correspondence were replaced with individual correspondence, you would have to supply a total of 12 pieces - 6 each). Prioritise correspondence from official sources (council tax bills, utility bills, bank statements, letters from NHS/GP, letters from government departments, etc.).
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.