ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residency gaps + Contractor + Studies

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alza21
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Residency gaps + Contractor + Studies

Post by alza21 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:26 am

Hi guys :wink:

I'm just new to the forum and have been searching through previous topics to see if I could find answers to my questions, but couldn't find anything so I thought it would be worth asking.

I will be applying for the Irish citizenship soon (based on 5 years residency) and have a few questions. I was hoping somebody could help me out.

Question 1:
I have filled in my residency calculator based on my stamps (1 and 4). The thing is that I have 15 days gap in 2016. Does somebody have an example cover letter explaining why they have a gap in their residency calculator?

The reason for the gap is that my Venezuelan passport had expired and they couldn't renew my GNIB because of this, so I had to wait for my new passport to arrive from Germany (there is no Venezuelan embassy here in Ireland).

Back then, I went to the immigration office to explain this and they gave me an extension... But then my extension expired and I didn't have my passport yet, so I went in for a second time. However, they only told me to come back when I had my new passport (and gave me no extension this time), hence, for those 15 days I didn't have a stamp (and I was working).

Question 2:
I've been a contractor in Ireland for over 2 years now. Basically, Recruiter B hired me to work as a consultant for Company A.

However, I'm a contractor under an Umbrella company (let's call it Company C). All my payslips and Revenue records are under Company C.

When I fill in Section 9.3 and 9.4 of Form 8 (page 25) indicating my employer, who should I put down?

Probably Company C should be the right answer, but do I need to explain in a cover letter the whole situation? For example, if they checked my LinkedIn, my employment is under Company A.

Note: My employment letter was issued by my accounting company (they do my payroll and taxes) and they state that I'm working for Company C.

Question 3:
I enrolled in an English course back in 2014, but I never attended because I was already working for my sponsor and also applying for my Critical Skills work permit. The reason I signed and payed for the course was to get my GNIB renewed.

Do I have to still put that course down in section 5.4 (details of any period spent studying in Ireland for the last 9 years)?... I think I shouldn't, because I didn't even attend, but what do you guys think?

Thanks in advance for all the information you can provide,

Alex

mrrobot
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Residency gaps + Contractor + Studies

Post by mrrobot » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:11 am

alza21 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:26 am

I'm just new to the forum and have been searching through previous topics to see if I could find answers to my questions, but couldn't find anything so I thought it would be worth asking.

I will be applying for the Irish citizenship soon (based on 5 years residency) and have a few questions. I was hoping somebody could help me out.

Question 1:
I have filled in my residency calculator based on my stamps (1 and 4). The thing is that I have 15 days gap in 2016. Does somebody have an example cover letter explaining why they have a gap in their residency calculator?

The reason for the gap is that my Venezuelan passport had expired and they couldn't renew my GNIB because of this, so I had to wait for my new passport to arrive from Germany (there is no Venezuelan embassy here in Ireland).

Back then, I went to the immigration office to explain this and they gave me an extension... But then my extension expired and I didn't have my passport yet, so I went in for a second time. However, they only told me to come back when I had my new passport (and gave me no extension this time), hence, for those 15 days I didn't have a stamp (and I was working).

Question 2:
I've been a contractor in Ireland for over 2 years now. Basically, Recruiter B hired me to work as a consultant for Company A.

However, I'm a contractor under an Umbrella company (let's call it Company C). All my payslips and Revenue records are under Company C.

When I fill in Section 9.3 and 9.4 of Form 8 (page 25) indicating my employer, who should I put down?

Probably Company C should be the right answer, but do I need to explain in a cover letter the whole situation? For example, if they checked my LinkedIn, my employment is under Company A.

Note: My employment letter was issued by my accounting company (they do my payroll and taxes) and they state that I'm working for Company C.

Question 3:
I enrolled in an English course back in 2014, but I never attended because I was already working for my sponsor and also applying for my Critical Skills work permit. The reason I signed and payed for the course was to get my GNIB renewed.

Do I have to still put that course down in section 5.4 (details of any period spent studying in Ireland for the last 9 years)?... I think I shouldn't, because I didn't even attend, but what do you guys think?

Alex
To answer question 3: you don’t have to put this info. This question is specifically for people who were on a student stamp

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:48 am

mrrobot wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:11 am
alza21 wrote:

Question 1:

Question 2:

Question 3:

Alex
To answer question 3: you don’t have to put this info. This question is specifically for people who were on a student stamp
Dont know why u just misguided her.
She have to mention. Doesn't matter what was the reason but she did registered with GNIB as a student so she need to mention.

Question 2.
U can only mention same employer whose name is on ur payslips.

Question 1.
I wont be worry about previous gap as if they have problem or any question they will ask u.

Good luck
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen:

alza21
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Post by alza21 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:54 pm

Thanks for your help guys!

In the end I went with a solicitor to confirm, and they basically told me what @Finepaddy advised me to do :wink:

Now I just have to wait and see.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:18 pm

Please see the example of such letter above. I simply printed it off and attached it to the residency calculator print-out. Hope this will help someone.

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Post by Granista » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:03 pm

alza21 wrote:

Question 3:

Alex
Are you saying that you paid for a course, enrolled in a course, and registered as a student? If you did that when you were already working (and without a permit, as you say), and you did it purely to get your GNIB renewed....that's immigration fraud.
If the officer assessing your case works that out then you have no hope of citizenship and could have whatever permission you currently have revoked. There is very little patience for that kind of fraud and its very common, so they will likely catch you out.