ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is changing roles with same employer during spouse visa allowed?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Re: Employer's letter and document submission

Post by Manugmedia » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:29 am

Ok many thanks. We'll be submitting our application within the next two weeks and she'll be applying from USA. I think we'll be paying the 75GBP fee for me to scan my documents from here in the UK.
Have you considered self upload? Honestly I found it a walk in the park. Though I used TLS I had the sponsor scan and email high quality docs and I uploaded them myself. 200+ pages in under 30 minutes.

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:49 am

Manugmedia wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:29 am

Ok many thanks. We'll be submitting our application within the next two weeks and she'll be applying from USA. I think we'll be paying the 75GBP fee for me to scan my documents from here in the UK.
Have you considered self upload? Honestly I found it a walk in the park. Though I used TLS I had the sponsor scan and email high quality docs and I uploaded them myself. 200+ pages in under 30 minutes.
I considered self-upload but I really don't know how it'd work - I'm not too great with those sort of things. Like, would I scan them from the UK then email her the files? And she just uploads like that? I'm not sure on how to compress file sizes/pictures etc. or get all my bank statements in one PDF so I was just thinking it's safer to pay 75GBP and have the guys in the visa centre do it.

I'm checking here: https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/visa/result ... %20Centers

I'm guessing we don't need any of those document scanning packages if I'll be scanning them here in the UK right? Pretty confused on the document submission side of this application!

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:01 am

ChugaLuvMe wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:49 am
Manugmedia wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:29 am

I considered self-upload but I really don't know how it'd work - I'm not too great with those sort of things. Like, would I scan them from the UK then email her the files? And she just uploads like that? I'm not sure on how to compress file sizes/pictures etc. or get all my bank statements in one PDF so I was just thinking it's safer to pay 75GBP and have the guys in the visa centre do it.

I'm checking here: https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/visa/result ... %20Centers

I'm guessing we don't need any of those document scanning packages if I'll be scanning them here in the UK right? Pretty confused on the document submission side of this application!
Sorry I can only advise on TLS system not VFS though both should technically be the same.
You can upload everything from UK and if the applicant has some documents to upload just give them the link to the account and they can upload.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:05 am

Reason I recommend self upload is I have read horrible stories of VAC staff not scanning all documents plus they restrict the number of documents you can submit where's with self upload the pot is yours to fill anyhow you want and can upload files as huge as 10MB.

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:12 am

Manugmedia wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:05 am
Reason I recommend self upload is I have read horrible stories of VAC staff not scanning all documents plus they restrict the number of documents you can submit where's with self upload the pot is yours to fill anyhow you want and can upload files as huge as 10MB.
Ah ok I will look into self uploading in that case. Do you have any information on what maximum file sizes there are with images such as .jpeg or PDF files for bank statements?

Regarding the images stored on my PC, I'm guessing I can just directly upload them from my PC folder onto the application? Or does it need to be a certain dimension, file size etc?

Thanks! <3

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:43 am

Max file size is 10MB. Once you upload they are converted into HO accepted format and then you can preview them and delete/ replace if you don't like the preview quality.
I uploaded everything from pc as I had them all ready, a simple drag and drop.

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:44 am

Manugmedia wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:43 am
Max file size is 10MB. Once you upload they are converted into HO accepted format and then you can preview them and delete/ replace if you don't like the preview quality.
I uploaded everything from pc as I had them all ready, a simple drag and drop.
Ok many thanks, appreciate it!

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:30 am

I have written this cover letter in support of my wife's application. Would anybody be able to take a look and tell me which parts, if any, I should omit? I have tried to keep to the facts however it appears to be slightly lengthy so any tips on what parts to remove would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
► Show Spoiler

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:46 am

Just in case there is any confusion, my wife visited the UK twice for two weeks each in 2017, then she came back in late 2018 and was refused entry and sent back to USA as we decided we'd live in the UK not knowing a thing about immigration. She was later granted a visit visa around May 2019 and has visited the UK twice since this. Just unsure if this needs mentioning in the cover letter.

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:09 am

No need to answer my question about the cover letter, I am just going to take the chance it's fine as it addresses our relationship and explains the significant points in our relationship.

The question that is really nagging me is that are online documents ok? Basically I'll be uploading all our documents to her visa and every document I have is a physical copy but I have also scanned each one and have them saved to PC - bank statements w/ stamps, pay slips, employment letter, accommodation requirements, relationship etc.

Only reason I ask is that I saw some place else that I need to post the physical copies to her in the USA for her to give at her biometric appointment? Is this true? I was under the impression she just takes her passport, receipt etc. to biometric, then I could just upload rest of the document online? All my documents are in PDF format. I had in my head that the process goes like this..

1. We apply
2. We pay + book biometric appointment
3. I upload ALL documents from the UK - solely online ones, the originals have been scanned from UK onto printer and emailed to me - onto her application
4. She attends biometrics and sends passport to NYC
5. Await decision

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:44 pm

Ok I have all my bank statements from September 01 2019 to February 29 2020. I went in-branch and had them print them off for me and then stamp only the front page of each monthly statement. Is this ok as not every page is stamped, only the front ones? Can always go back and have them stamp each instead.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:30 am

ChugaLuvMe wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:44 pm
Ok I have all my bank statements from September 01 2019 to February 29 2020. I went in-branch and had them print them off for me and then stamp only the front page of each monthly statement. Is this ok as not every page is stamped, only the front ones? Can always go back and have them stamp each instead.
This was discussed already in this thread but I'll post the wording again -
"Bank statements must be:
(1) on official bank stationery; or
(2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page."

If they are on official bank stationery, there is no need to have them stamped at all; if they are not on official bank stationery, they must be stamped on every page (or accompanied by a letter).

Unfortunately I can't help much with regards to the application process for locations outside the UK as I've never applied for a spouse visa that way and don't have any experience with the providers of those services or their systems.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:35 pm

geoeng wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:30 am
ChugaLuvMe wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:44 pm
This was discussed already in this thread but I'll post the wording again -
"Bank statements must be:
(1) on official bank stationery; or
(2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page."

If they are on official bank stationery, there is no need to have them stamped at all; if they are not on official bank stationery, they must be stamped on every page (or accompanied by a letter).

Unfortunately I can't help much with regards to the application process for locations outside the UK as I've never applied for a spouse visa that way and don't have any experience with the providers of those services or their systems.
Perfect! And finally, we will be submitting in just a few days. Would anybody mind taking a brief look at all the documents we plan to submit? Would appreciate it - the help on this forum has been fantastic.

I have all physical documents in a folder in the UK but scanned them all onto PDF which we'll upload each file.

Wife (applicant)
She will take her US passport to biometrics and whatever other documents they ask of her (receipts etc)

UK sponsor (me)
UK passport - scanned onto PDF
Cover letter explaining how we met, when, plans for life in UK, confirmation I can financial requirements which I will explain in additional information section of application - scanned onto PDF

Financial
6 pay slips from Sep 2019 to Feb 2020 (each at least 1,550 gross pay) - all merged on single PDF document
6 corresponding bank statements showing net deposits - stamped by bank and all scanned on PDF
Employer's letter confirming salary of 14k per year and the fact I have been doing overtime since September 2019. Employer has also given total pay of my 6 months pay slips (12.1k). "Overtime is likely to continue at the same rate of pay for the foreseeable future" - scanned onto PDF

Accommodation
Recent mortgage statement from parents - scanned onto PDF
Letter from parents confirming we may live there indefinitely if visa should be granted - scanned onto PDF
Land registry document for 3GBP - scanned onto PDF

Relationship
30-50 photos of us together - all merged onto a single PDF document
Wedding cards, wedding photos - all merged onto PDF
Marriage certificate - scanned onto PDF
Chat logs and boarding passed - scanned onto PDF and merged into single document

How do these documents look? Pretty confident everything is there. Only concern I had originally was my salary is lower than 18,600 per year but with overtime it's approximately 24,000 per year. I have had my employer state my annual salary of 14k however addresses that I have been doing overtime from Sep 19 to Feb 20 and gives a total sum of the six payslips. Each payslip is at least 1,550 gross pay. All bank statements will show NET deposits (less than 1,550)

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:30 am

We have applied! VFS Global is very confusing when it comes to document uploading - not sure how strict they are with document categories. For example, one category is listed as 'financial' while another is listed as 'sponsor documents (include proof of payslips etc.) so...

Not sure if we need to include Appendix 2 form as there's a section for that too although the online application asked us about accommodation/how I meet financial requirement.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:33 pm

ChugaLuvMe wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:30 am
Not sure if we need to include Appendix 2 form as there's a section for that too although the online application asked us about accommodation/how I meet financial requirement.
Not required.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:10 pm

Korekt wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:33 pm
ChugaLuvMe wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:30 am
Not required.
Perfect thanks. We still have some bank statements to upload but once we've done that and we receive a decision I will make a reply on this thread.

Confident we will be accepted as I meet the requirements - only thing I am worried about is my salary being below the threshold but I meet it with overtime.

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:56 pm

Each month's bank statement includes last few days of the previous month. So September bank statement has last few days of August in, showing my August pay (below the threshold). Will this be a problem? I'm relying on September 2019 to February 2020 payslips.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:03 pm

ChugaLuvMe wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:56 pm
Each month's bank statement includes last few days of the previous month. So September bank statement has last few days of August in, showing my August pay (below the threshold). Will this be a problem? I'm relying on September 2019 to February 2020 payslips.
Hopefully there shouldn't be problem but no harm in adding a short covering letter explaining the relevant calculations instead leaving on caseworker.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:18 am

seagul wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:03 pm
ChugaLuvMe wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:56 pm
Hopefully there shouldn't be problem but no harm in adding a short covering letter explaining the relevant calculations instead leaving on caseworker.
I think it will be ok now as I have included a small letter explaining how I meet the financial requirements and what pay slips I am relying on (Sep 19 to Feb 20) so there's no confusion when ECO sees my August salary being paid into my bank.

Uploaded all documents with VFS Global - some have uploaded twice for some reason and in different categories and the whole thing seems pretty messy but all documents are up there so just gotta attend biometrics on 23rd March and hope for the best after that!

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Wed May 06, 2020 8:41 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... in-the-usa

Slightly confused since we've uploaded all documents onto VFS awaiting biometrics. This states they need to be posted instead? I thought it was all online now? None of the emails stated we needed to do this.

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Is changing roles with same employer during spouse visa allowed?

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:49 pm

My wife applied for her spouse visa from the USA in March and we submitted biometrics last week. I was relying on overtime to meet the income requirement (since my salary is below 18.6k).

I got promoted and due to start this new role in 3 weeks. Do you know if this is allowed with a pending spouse visa application? I will sign a new contract with new hours.

I am with the same employer, doing a similar role, in the same place of work. I'm unsure if this is allowed. Please advise.

Thanks.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Is changing roles with same employer during spouse visa allowed?

Post by Korekt » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:19 am

It's fine.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:07 am

Topics merged again!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:01 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:07 am
Topics merged again!
Um thanks, but is it just one topic per account or something?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:17 pm

ChugaLuvMe wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:01 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:07 am
Topics merged again!
Um thanks, but is it just one topic per account or something?
Suggest read the forum rule on multiple topics, link below, which you were required to read (all forum rules), when joining the forum as you would have ticked that you had done so. ONE topic for all queries on the SAME application.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/annou ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.