ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents as evidence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AYB
Newly Registered
Mood:

The online form and bills

Post by AYB » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:17 am

Hi there,

I am applying for a spouse visa, my partner and I formed a Civil Partnership recently. I live in the UK on a working visa and looking to switch to a spouse one.

I am feeling out the online form and have few questions.

1. Regarding the countries I've lived in does it include the country where I was born or only other places outside the UK?
2. Details bout my family and friends- how detailed should it be? who should I include? any tips for that part?
3. Regarding documents proving that we actually live together, I moved to a flat belonging to my partner and live there more than a year. My name is added to the water bill the day I moved in. We have 3 printed bills from 3 different times, is that supposed to be enough? recently we added my name to the council tax bill as well.
3.1 Should we also add bills where my name is not added?
4. For every month for the past year I transfer my partner 400 pounds for mutual expenses. Should we mention this?

Thank you very much for you help! much appreciated ! :)

geoeng
Canada

Re: The online form and bills

Post by geoeng » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:18 pm

AYB wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:17 am
I am applying for a spouse visa, my partner and I formed a Civil Partnership recently. I live in the UK on a working visa and looking to switch to a spouse one.

I am feeling out the online form and have few questions.

1. Regarding the countries I've lived in does it include the country where I was born or only other places outside the UK?
2. Details bout my family and friends- how detailed should it be? who should I include? any tips for that part?
3. Regarding documents proving that we actually live together, I moved to a flat belonging to my partner and live there more than a year. My name is added to the water bill the day I moved in. We have 3 printed bills from 3 different times, is that supposed to be enough? recently we added my name to the council tax bill as well.
3.1 Should we also add bills where my name is not added?
4. For every month for the past year I transfer my partner 400 pounds for mutual expenses. Should we mention this?
1. Any country outside the UK including country of birth.
2. There is no guidance on this question that I am aware of. I included 15-20 names, their relationship to me and the city they lived in.
3. While the online application form will prompt you for this (since it is the same form used for any FLR(M) application), it is not a requirement to prove cohabitation for the first application as a partner per E-LTRP.1.10. of Appendix FM (only for future further leave to remain as a partner or indefinite leave to remain as a partner). What you have would be useful for demonstrating a genuine and subsisting relationship though.
3.1 Same as 3 but not really useful for proving anything I don't think.
4. There is a question regarding shared financial responsibilities and how much you each pay each month, you could mention that in this space.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

AYB
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by AYB » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:52 pm

Thank you very much for your help.

Few more questions if I may.

1. "partner per E-LTRP.1.10. of Appendix FM" where can I find this document?

2. I work in a job that pays on an hourly basis with a contract for 45 hours a week (tier 2 visa). should I calculate my salary as if it is paid yearly (around 40k)/monthly ?

3. My partner is about to change jobs. He already signed a contract with a new employer but he still works for the same company which is going to move to Italy. Should we mention it in the application and showing 6 months payslips and stating he will start to a new job soon? we will also add cash savings documents that should cover their requirements. I just wander whether to relay just on the savings and my job.

Thanks so much.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:14 pm

AYB wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:52 pm
1. "partner per E-LTRP.1.10. of Appendix FM" where can I find this document?

2. I work in a job that pays on an hourly basis with a contract for 45 hours a week (tier 2 visa). should I calculate my salary as if it is paid yearly (around 40k)/monthly ?

3. My partner is about to change jobs. He already signed a contract with a new employer but he still works for the same company which is going to move to Italy. Should we mention it in the application and showing 6 months payslips and stating he will start to a new job soon? we will also add cash savings documents that should cover their requirements. I just wander whether to relay just on the savings and my job.

Thanks so much.
1. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members

2. The financial requirement is based on an annual income. How you calculate it depends on whether you are applying using Category A (at least 6 months with current employer) or Category B. Details in the guidance document linked below.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf

3. If you are in the UK with permission to work and are able to meet the financial requirement on your own, you could omit your partner's income entirely. Or on cash savings entirely if the requirements are met. Or on a combination of the two. I suspect it will likely be easiest to use your income and/or cash savings rather than mention your partner's if he is changing jobs around the time you will be applying for a visa.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

AYB
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by AYB » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:09 pm

when it comes to prove out relationship,
I added a 20 page long document with photos of us together and with family and friends.
I added a short description to each photo stating who is in the picture, where and when it was taken.
I also added few print screen from social media and email corresponding with airline tickets.
we are also planning to add two letters from friends.
Is it spouse to satisfy their requirements?

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:57 pm

AYB wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:09 pm

I added a 20 page long document with photos of us together and with family and friends.
I added a short description to each photo stating who is in the picture, where and when it was taken.
I also added few print screen from social media and email corresponding with airline tickets.

Many thanks.
None of this is required for a spouse visa application within the UK.

You are overthinking this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AYB
Newly Registered
Mood:

Documents as evidence

Post by AYB » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:46 am

Hi everyone,

We are applying on the basis of civil partnership, we have been living together for a year in the UK (I'm on tier2 visa).

1. while filling the online form I was required to confirm I will provide "Items of corresponding adressed to XXX and XXX at the same address as evidence you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together, covering the last 2 years"
what if we are not living together for two years ?

2. I see posts in the group where people stating they added pictures, letters from friends, and other prof of relationship evidence. These are mandatory or only added as extra documents ? when do one spouse to upload these documents? will Ill be asked to upload such a document?

Just very confused here... Thank you all very much. :P

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:14 pm

Topics merged!!
CR001 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:57 pm
AYB wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:09 pm

Many thanks.
None of this is required for a spouse visa application within the UK.

You are overthinking this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AYB
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Documents as evidence

Post by AYB » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:34 pm

Thank you and sorry for all the questions. It's just so confusing ...

AYB
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by AYB » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:10 pm

Further to my questions.

a. Should hourly wages be calculated annually assuming a 45 hour minimum contract? In what way should this be written in a letter from the employer? Hourly or annual?
b. Two months ago I received a pay raise (even before the raise - I met the conditions) Should the pay raise be reported in the employer letter?
c. will still be happy if someone can answer my other questions from the last post about the documents :)

Thank you

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:25 pm

AYB wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:10 pm
Further to my questions.

a. Should hourly wages be calculated annually assuming a 45 hour minimum contract? In what way should this be written in a letter from the employer? Hourly or annual?
b. Two months ago I received a pay raise (even before the raise - I met the conditions) Should the pay raise be reported in the employer letter?
c. will still be happy if someone can answer my other questions from the last post about the documents :)

Thank you
a and b - The employer letter must confirm the following:
(i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).
How you calculate the annualised salary depends on whether you are applying using Category A (at least 6 months with current employer) or Category B and both methods are outlined in the guidance document previously provided. As the employer letter must state the length of time you have been earning the level of salary being relied upon in the application, it may be worth discussing the raise and how much you were paid previously though this should also be clear from the associated payslips and bank statements.

c - These questions were answered already from your previous posts as far as I can tell. The answer doesn't change just because you asked the same question in different words. You don't have to have been living together for 2 years if you are in a civil partnership. The same application form is used for all FLR(M) applications so it prompts for these documents even if they aren't necessary for your circumstances.

AYB
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by AYB » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:57 pm

Assuming that I live together with my partner. Should we also include leasehold and mortgage documents ? Should my partner write a letter confirming we live together?
Thanks for your help.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:37 am

AYB wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:57 pm
Assuming that I live together with my partner. Should we also include leasehold and mortgage documents ? Should my partner write a letter confirming we live together?
Thanks for your help.
The application form will ask questions about whether you live together, other addresses you have lived together, where you intend to live together, etc. You will have to prove that adequate accommodation is available (so mortgage documents will be helpful for this assuming you or your partner own the property). The FLR(M) form will also ask you to provide evidence of housing costs (mortgage/rent and council tax).