ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

KanwaljitSingh123
Newly Registered

UK Spouse visa extension

Post by KanwaljitSingh123 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:18 am

Good Morning,

Can someone please tell me, Is this mandatory to get payslips and signed and stamped.

I get my payslips from online portal which is on company headed paper.

Cam someone please also tell me when and how do we submit supporting documents. Does Home office guide applicants about sending supporting documents after paying visa and IHS fees?

Thanks
Kanwaljit

geoeng
Canada

Re: UK Spouse visa extension

Post by geoeng » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:36 am

KanwaljitSingh123 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:18 am
Can someone please tell me, Is this mandatory to get payslips and signed and stamped.

I get my payslips from online portal which is on company headed paper.
No need to get payslips signed/stamped if they are already on company headed paper. You will also need a letter from your employer, however, stating: the person’s employment and gross annual salary, the length of their employment, the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).
KanwaljitSingh123 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:18 am
Cam someone please also tell me when and how do we submit supporting documents. Does Home office guide applicants about sending supporting documents after paying visa and IHS fees?
After you submit the online application, you will be directed to create an account on the UKVCAS site where you will be able to upload scans of the supporting documents (nothing is sent by post, it is all online).
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

KanwaljitSingh123
Newly Registered

Post by KanwaljitSingh123 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:21 pm

Thanks for the reply

KanwaljitSingh123
Newly Registered

Post by KanwaljitSingh123 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:20 pm

Good Afternoon,

Can someone please advise, Do we need to submit supporting documents (Online) instantly after paying fees or does applicants get some specified number of days to upload documents on Home office portal.

I was just wondering, Does Home office dont need original passport anymore if applicants are uploading documents on online portal.

And a very stupid question How can I highlight my salary on bank statement to coincide with payslips (assuming scanned pdf file wont show neon highlighter markings.

Thanks
Kanwaljit

KanwaljitSingh123
Newly Registered

uK s

Post by KanwaljitSingh123 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:37 pm

Good Afternoon,

Can someone please advise, Do we need to submit supporting documents (Online) instantly after paying fees or does applicants get some specified number of days to upload documents on Home office portal.

I was just wondering, Does Home office dont need original passport anymore if applicants are uploading documents on online portal.

And a very stupid question How can I highlight my salary on bank statement to coincide with payslips (assuming scanned pdf file wont show neon highlighter markings.

Thanks
Kanwaljit

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: uK s

Post by seagul » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:44 pm

KanwaljitSingh123 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:37 pm
Good Afternoon,

Thanks
Kanwaljit
Usually until the date of biometrics you have the time to upload the documents. Yes original passport isn't forwarded to them but applicant can't travel outside the UK. Don't highlight anything rather can add a cover letter to do the same job for own piece of mind.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

KanwaljitSingh123
Newly Registered

Post by KanwaljitSingh123 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:18 pm

Thanks for replying

Just to be sure Post Office branch is still a valid option for providing photos and fingerprints for BRP. I live in north east of Scotland and I would need to plan ahead to provide these details if post office is not a valid option anymore.

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:45 pm

KanwaljitSingh123 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:18 pm
Thanks for replying

Just to be sure Post Office branch is still a valid option for providing photos and fingerprints for BRP. I live in north east of Scotland and I would need to plan ahead to provide these details if post office is not a valid option anymore.

Thanks
No, Post Office not used anymore. Can you state if this is spouse visa you are applying for or extension?

KanwaljitSingh123
Newly Registered

Post by KanwaljitSingh123 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:50 pm

Hello,

I am applying for Spouse visa extension for my wife after initial period of 2.5 years. I have filled FLR M online application.

Me and my daughter both are British Citizen (Just for info in case this changes any parametres for BRP)

Thanks
Kanwaljit

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:54 pm

KanwaljitSingh123 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:20 pm
Good Afternoon,

Thanks
Kanwaljit
Can you endeavour to ask your similar questions under same thread?

KanwaljitSingh123
Newly Registered

Post by KanwaljitSingh123 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:00 pm

Please accept my apologies for this goof up.

Noted and acknowledged.

Thanks
Kanwaljit

KanwaljitSingh123
Newly Registered

Post by KanwaljitSingh123 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:16 pm

Good Morning,

I just realised mortgage statement are issued annually. And I have Mortgage statement from August 2018 to August 2019.
I am just wondering are we supposed to meet last 6 months criteria with mortgage statement as well.

We have an appointment on 11 March to submit our documents so even if I call HSBC to get it now I wont be able to get hold of it.

Thanks
Kanwaljit

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:44 pm

KanwaljitSingh123 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:16 pm
I am just wondering are we supposed to meet last 6 months criteria with mortgage statement as well.
If you are only using the statement to help prove ownership of adequate accommodation or as proof of housing costs, there would be no requirement for it to be from the last 6 months (copy of the property deeds might also help as evidence of ownership).
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

KanwaljitSingh123
Newly Registered

Post by KanwaljitSingh123 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:55 pm

Hello admin,

Many thanks for replying.

Just a quick question about P60. P60 required for relevant year in required documents.

I have P60 for last financial year and this financial year is still on going.

Does it make sense to attach P60 from last year when I am relying on income from last 6 months (Aug 19- Jan19)

Thanks
Kanwaljit Singh

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:07 pm

KanwaljitSingh123 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:55 pm
Hello admin,

Many thanks for replying.

Just a quick question about P60. P60 required for relevant year in required documents.

I have P60 for last financial year and this financial year is still on going.

Does it make sense to attach P60 from last year when I am relying on income from last 6 months (Aug 19- Jan19)

Thanks
Kanwaljit Singh
P60 isn't needed and shouldn't be attached.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

RightFoot
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by RightFoot » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:54 pm

Just some thoughts.

The fact that your daughter has started her early years in the UK and you as her father is settled in the UK not India or elsewhere is one reason why it would be unfair to relocate her and her mother. You would need to prove this and try to attach a cover letter explaining this.

I am hoping you do not have too much ties in outside the UK. Your wife can state on the cover letter explaining You are unwilling to relocate to India and it would be unfair to separate your family since the welfare of you and your child for your wife to remain in the country. Do not forget to mention you intend to live together permanently would have been easy to prove that with marriage (I guess you are not married) but you've been living together for 2 years (I guess).

Most times if you use a lawyer, they would quote some cases to support your/her claim. (Check this cases, Article 8 and/or Sanade)

Best of Luck.

KanwaljitSingh123
Newly Registered

Post by KanwaljitSingh123 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:09 pm

Many thanks for suggestions.

We are indeed married and intend to live together permanently.

Can you please attach a template cover letter for FMR M application by any chance.

Thanks
Kanwaljit

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:20 pm

KanwaljitSingh123 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:09 pm
Can you please attach a template cover letter for FMR M application by any chance.
Please see the link below for an idea of what to include. Ultimately each relationship is unique and it is up to you to decide for yourself what is important to include. Keep in mind it is not a required document and is really just an opportunity to expand on some items that may not be fully explained by other answers in the application form.

immigration-for-family-members/covering ... 94759.html