ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) n country switch extension UKVCAS BRP Appointment

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

grk76
inactive
Mood:
India

Switching from Tier 2 ICT to Spouse Visa

Post by grk76 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:26 pm

Could anyone please help me with my query. I'm on Tier 2 ICT leave to enter & remain expiring April 8 2020. I'm employed with my sponsoring employer for the last 3 years with a 55k per year. I married a British national last month and she is presently not employed. In this case can i switch from my current Tier 2 ICT to spouse visa with just my employment income ? If so what proof do i need to provide ? Kindly help. Thanks in advance.

geoeng
Canada

Re: Switching from Tier 2 ICT to Spouse Visa

Post by geoeng » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:49 pm

If you are in the UK with permission to work, your employment income can be used to meet the financial requirement. If you have been with your current employer for 6 months or more by the date of application, you can apply under Category A and will need to include payslips and bank statements for the 6 months prior to the date of application and a letter from your employer.

See details in the guidance document linked below.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

grk76
inactive
Mood:
India

Post by grk76 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:28 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply. May i know what information should be there in the employer letter ? I do have 6 months payslip and bank statements just don't know what employer letter should contain.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:33 pm

grk76 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:28 pm
May i know what information should be there in the employer letter ? I do have 6 months payslip and bank statements just don't know what employer letter should contain.
The letter should be from the employer who issued the payslips and confirm:
"(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in
the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency)."

The most recent payslip/bank statement should be dated no earlier than 28 days before to the application date.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

pinku09
Newly Registered
India

Switching Tier 2 ICT to Spouse visa

Post by pinku09 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:36 pm

Hello all, I'm in a very complicated situation, could anyone please advice. I entered UK on tier 2 ICT with leave expiring March 2020. I got married to a British national earlier this year and was planning to switch to spouse visa. But due to lock down i missed to file an application online before my leave expired but got an extension to May 31st stating couldn't leave due to flight restriction. Now before 31st May i filed an application online to switch from tier 2 ICT to Spouse visa and paid fees. I'm waiting to hear from UKCVAS for appointment as they are gradually reopening. In this circumstance
1. Will my application be rejected as i applied after my original leave expiry.
2. Will i be able to continue work until my application is decided ?
3. Can i show my employment income for last 6 months prior to application filing online date as financial source ?
4. How long will it take for the application to be decided assuming i provide biometrics in July.

Please someone answer as much as you can as i'm in a lot of stress due to this whole situation.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching Tier 2 ICT to Spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:47 pm

Why have you registered a second username to ask a similar question again??? Multiple usernames are NOT permitted on the forum.

member/grk76/

Previous topic and response in link below.

immigration-for-family-members/switchin ... l#p1887082

announcements/multiple-member-id-s-t11811.html
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pinku09
Newly Registered
India

Post by pinku09 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:01 pm

Sorry for that. I forgot the password to login when i requested the password i didn't receive any email on that email account. I apologise.

The question is very different now as the situation has changed since i asked last question.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:00 pm

pinku09 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:36 pm
3. Can i show my employment income for last 6 months prior to application filing online date as financial source ?
4. How long will it take for the application to be decided assuming i provide biometrics in July.

Please someone answer as much as you can as i'm in a lot of stress due to this whole situation.
1. If you received a valid extension to your previous visa, no reason to believe the application would be rejected on that basis.
2. Provided you have made a valid application priory to the expiry of your current leave to remain (and one would have to assume the extension applied), your existing right to work should be extended by Section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971 until the application is decided.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 9.0ext.pdf
3. Yes, provided it is sufficient to meet the financial requirement and you have been working for the employer for at least the 6 months prior to the application date (applying using Category A).
4. I wouldn't want to guess at that knowing there will likely be a backlog of applications and probably slower application processing for the foreseeable future until they are able to get everyone safely back to work.

pinku09
Newly Registered
India

Post by pinku09 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:35 pm

geoeng wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:00 pm
pinku09 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:36 pm

1. If you received a valid extension to your previous visa, no reason to believe the application would be rejected on that basis.
2. Provided you have made a valid application priory to the expiry of your current leave to remain (and one would have to assume the extension applied), your existing right to work should be extended by Section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971 until the application is decided.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 9.0ext.pdf
3. Yes, provided it is sufficient to meet the financial requirement and you have been working for the employer for at least the 6 months prior to the application date (applying using Category A).
4. I wouldn't want to guess at that knowing there will likely be a backlog of applications and probably slower application processing for the foreseeable future until they are able to get everyone safely back to work.
Thanks a lot geoeng, I will look for communication from UKVCAS to book appointment. Thanks again for your detailed response.

pinku09
Newly Registered
India

FLR(M) n country switch extension UKVCAS BRP Appointment

Post by pinku09 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:21 pm

Hello everyone,

Could anyone that applied after the centres are closed for Spouse visa (FLR-M) got any email from HO for documents or UKVCAS on appointment availability ? Was there any email from HO atleast suggesting there could be delays ? I did apply on 28/05 i didn't get email other than payment confirmation.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) n country switch extension UKVCAS BRP Appointment

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:50 pm

pinku09 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:21 pm
Hello everyone,

Could anyone that applied after the centres are closed for Spouse visa (FLR-M) got any email from HO for documents or UKVCAS on appointment availability ? Was there any email from HO atleast suggesting there could be delays ? I did apply on 28/05 i didn't get email other than payment confirmation.
Topics Merged!!!

Only those who had appointments cancelled are being prioritised for Biometric appointments at the moment. You need to keep checking online for appointments. It also appears to be mostly Tier 2 visa and ILR applicants that have been asked to email documents, decision still pending until biometrics are done.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.