ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLRM Application Upload?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bhims1485

FLR M Spouse extension, Accommodation Report Required?

Post by Bhims1485 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:09 pm

I am getting conflicting information from both solicitor, online and the council. Applying for FLR M Spouse.

For the accommodation report if mandatory? I am on spouse visa living with wife and her parents who own the property has 3 bedrooms and living rooms. Granted entry clearance to the same property 2.5 years ago with the property report from council which states I can live at the address without it being overcrowded and named persons. No change still same. ""Can I use that and mention in letter firstly???""

Council said they only issue report for entry clearance for someone to come and live at a property and not for residing FLR M. Which online states both but not clearly mentioned if required for FLR M.

Two Solicitors have conflicting information. One required other not required and as in living in same property that has been granted permission for entry clearance and no changes and have proof of letter from parents and land registry and council bill paid by them. Only need to show documents addressed and electoral register names addressed.??? Can you confirm thanks ....

askhans786

Re: FLR M Spouse extension, Accommodation Report Required?

Post by askhans786 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:32 pm

What you will need is NOC Letter from her parents if the Mortgage payment is on their name.

I think accomodation insepction report would be additional bonus to add to ensure that the property is not over crowded given the fact that you inlaws havent given you a tenancy agreement?

Also you need address proof for similar address.

3 sources 6 item of correspondence.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:52 pm

Inspection report won't be needed. Noc letter, title deed and mortgage statement (if not outright) should be sufficient.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Bhims1485

Post by Bhims1485 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:44 pm

Have addressed letters in mine and spouse name 2 different joint bank statement and water bill, phone, NHS, P6O, NI Number. To satisfy cohabitation proof address. But pay no bills as only allowed in one name father in law, no rent required or council tax is paid. No expense for accommodation.

My father in law has title deed for proof of ownership ( no mortgage, outright owned). Council tax bill for the property in only father in law name.
No tenancy agreement as living together with in law free.

They Will provide letter to state their (daughter) and myself have exclusive right to stay at the property indefinitely and have our own bedroom and their is s spare empty room unoccupied. Provided same letter for entry clearance 2.5 years ago. What is NOC, difference? Any template available...

Should I provide the council inspection report letter from the entry clearance time, 2.5 years ago that stated I can live at the property without it being overcrowded etc... Staying at same address as when given entry clearance visa, nothing changed.?? As council stated will only provide report for new addition for entry clearance so stuck for the report.

Appreciate your help, has anyone else done FLR M application without the report gained visa or not? Any immigration solicitor advice?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:41 am

Bhims1485 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:44 pm
What is NOC, difference?
It's just a letter from the owner of the property that there is no objection to you and your wife living there, so sounds like you have that sorted already.
Bhims1485 wrote:
Should I provide the council inspection report letter from the entry clearance time, 2.5 years ago that stated I can live at the property without it being overcrowded etc... Staying at same address as when given entry clearance visa, nothing changed.??
Seagul has already mentioned this won't be needed. It is typically used for those living with unrelated adults. No harm in including it if you really want to but it may just confuse things more than anything else.
Bhims1485 wrote:
Appreciate your help, has anyone else done FLR M application without the report gained visa or not?
Yes, myself amongst many others who were not living with unrelated adults.
Bhims1485 wrote:
Any immigration solicitor advice?
You're in the wrong place if that's what you're looking for. Seems like you have already discovered that the more solicitors you go to, the more conflicting information you are likely to receive.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Bhims1485

Post by Bhims1485 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:29 pm

Geoeng - Thanks that's great information to hear from someone who has Applied FLR M and granted visa, regards to property inspection report in my instance. True the more solicitors ask, make it worse with conflicting information. And guess the private independent property inspection company's just want to cash in, charge whatever they like as it's a grey area if mandatory or not... For living with immediate family in law(parents). And no change in circumstances since entry clearance given.

For Entry clearance it's Mandatory for anyone reading don't get confused with FLR M, as advised by local council housing department and solicitor.

Bhims1485

FLR M, DOCUMENTS UPLOAD...

Post by Bhims1485 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:23 pm

I wanted to know how the document upload works for FLR M spouse visa... Do you have to scan all documents each sides front and back if just have irrelevant information like bank statement has terms and conditions at the back etc...?

Can you take pictures with phone of documents and upload? Would appreciate anyone who has done this thank you...

mmicky5050

Re: FLR M, DOCUMENTS UPLOAD...

Post by mmicky5050 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:37 pm

My office has a nice canon printer/ scanner that scans and converts into pdf files which you can email to yourself. If you play with the settings, there is an option whereby you can choose maximum compression at 300 dpi. That way you can even scan in colour. Using this method, I scanned every page of the passport in colour and the size was still less than 2 Mb. So I scanned every page of every bill because size isn’t an issue if you choose maximum compression and 300 dpi resolution.

For the correspondence documents, I merged several pdfs into one using a freeware called PDFSam. Works like a charm and compressed the size further.

Don’t merge the payslips and bank statements but Name these pdf flies by month and upload them separately. Some of the posts stated that ECOs May get confused and assume some months are missing so uploading these separately makes sense.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:42 pm

Bhims1485 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:23 pm

Can you take pictures with phone of documents and upload? Would appreciate anyone who has done this thank you...
Taking pictures through phone need professional cropping skills and it will waste a lot of times unless you find some special software. If you have no scanner at home/office then simply visit your local library where usually using the scanner is free.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Bhims1485

Post by Bhims1485 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:13 am

Do you have to scan the back of bank statements which has no information regards to account, NATWEST BANK only terms and conditions and abbreviation codes etc on back.

Any regulations on format, size or scan or digital pictures of documents...
Is it pdf file format only? And is their a file (size) limit for each upload or group maximum limit?

Are documents visible to see on website after upload before and after application submitted. And can they be labeled to see what has been uploaded to sections or just all in one section?

Last Question, Can I download pdf bills like energy and broadband which actually have barcode and headers and footers and address correspondence etc original bill letter online? If printed its exactly the same as they would send out, only paper quality difference. As it states online documentation should be stamped, but by who if they don't have walk in branches.

Bhims1485

Post by Bhims1485 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:00 pm

Any advice to above questions thanks?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:20 pm

Bhims1485 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:13 am
Do you have to scan the back of bank statements which has no information regards to account, NATWEST BANK only terms and conditions and abbreviation codes etc on back.
I'm not sure there's anything that says you have to. I suppose it's up to you whether to play it safe and include every page or take any risks associated with not including all of the pages.
Bhims1485 wrote:
Any regulations on format, size or scan or digital pictures of documents...
Is it pdf file format only? And is their a file (size) limit for each upload or group maximum limit?
Believe the file size limit is 6MB per file. Can't recall which formats are accepted, definitely PDF and I believe most standard photo file formats. The site where you upload the documents will have complete instructions on format and size.
Bhims1485 wrote:
Are documents visible to see on website after upload before and after application submitted. And can they be labeled to see what has been uploaded to sections or just all in one section?
The files can be named so as to keep track of what has been uploaded. You will be able to see the file names that you have uploaded but not be able to open the files themselves after uploading.
Bhims1485 wrote:
Last Question, Can I download pdf bills like energy and broadband which actually have barcode and headers and footers and address correspondence etc original bill letter online? If printed its exactly the same as they would send out, only paper quality difference. As it states online documentation should be stamped, but by who if they don't have walk in branches.
I had some electronic documents like this where I just uploaded the file. If it looks the same as what would have been received in the post, I don't think it makes a difference and seems a waste to print the file and then scan it.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Bhims1485

Post by Bhims1485 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:35 pm

Thank you geoeng appreciate your advice. I believe that when they state online documentation needs to be stamped, it's ones that are not official with Company name/logo, headers and footers and barcode etc...

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:23 pm

Bhims1485 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:35 pm
I believe that when they state online documentation needs to be stamped, it's ones that are not official with Company name/logo, headers and footers and barcode etc...
I'm not sure who they are that states this, in Appendix FM-SE it is only electronic bank statements not accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic that would require a stamp. The requirements for cohabitation evidence are different.

md3
Newly Registered

Post by md3 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:14 pm

Bhims1485 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:23 pm
I wanted to know how the document upload works for FLR M spouse visa... Do you have to scan all documents each sides front and back if just have irrelevant information like bank statement has terms and conditions at the back etc...?

My Canon printer also scans and photocopies, cost 29.95 from Currys (actually cheaper than the replacement ink) :? The software included allows you to choose what kind of document you want (photo jpg, pdf etc.) and to set quality and file size. Best to experiment. For bank statements which can be several pages you can combine pages into one file (like a roll of pages). Rename the files for easy sorting. I prefer alphabetic first characters followed by date in reverse. eg HSBC 2019-12-23. They will then sort into subject and date order, handy format for wage slips, bank statement and proof of residence sorting. UKVCAS upload site does not sort files as you upload them (like a PC does) they stay in whatever order you upload them.

Bhims1485

Post by Bhims1485 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:46 pm

[/quote]

My Canon printer also scans and photocopies, cost 29.95 from Currys (actually cheaper than the replacement ink) :? The software included allows you to choose what kind of document you want (photo jpg, pdf etc.) and to set quality and file size. Best to experiment. For bank statements which can be several pages you can combine pages into one file (like a roll of pages). Rename the files for easy sorting. I prefer alphabetic first characters followed by date in reverse. eg HSBC 2019-12-23. They will then sort into subject and date order, handy format for wage slips, bank statement and proof of residence sorting. UKVCAS upload site does not sort files as you upload them (like a PC does) they stay in whatever order you upload them.
[/quote]

Thanks so when you upload documents then don't they have to be uploaded in order of each sections they provide like living together letters /accommodation/financial etc...

Bhims1485

FLR M Employment letter...

Post by Bhims1485 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:01 pm

I have been working for same company 3 years and now they are changing the trading ltd company name ownership in April. And I'm applying in July will it affect me? From April my payslips will state different trading company name... 4 months in one ltd company name and next 3 months new ltd company, but same business. Will be January to July two different company name but same address and employer. My employer said will not be problem will provide letter of change of trading company name.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR M Employment letter...

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:39 pm

Bhims1485 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:01 pm
I have been working for same company 3 years and now they are changing the trading ltd company name ownership in April. And I'm applying in July will it affect me? From April my payslips will state different trading company name... 4 months in one ltd company name and next 3 months new ltd company, but same business. Will be January to July two different company name but same address and employer. My employer said will not be problem will provide letter of change of trading company name.
If possible then apply with 12 months of payslips & bank statements just in case despite few members got success with 6 months of documents.

Bhims1485

Post by Bhims1485 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:06 am

seagul wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:39 pm
Bhims1485 wrote:
If possible then apply with 12 months of payslips & bank statements just in case despite few members got success with 6 months of documents.
Will 6 months payslips and p60 be efficient? As I have not collected hard print previous wage slips since December as they were online via email which I have missing.

And can my employer say worked for the past 3 years or from only April on the letter? As it is changing the ltd company name... Business the same and change of directors as well.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:54 am

P60 is not sufficient. You need payslips and corresponding bank statements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

md3
Newly Registered

Post by md3 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:36 am

When you go to upload you will see different sections for each category (there is a guide but typically rather vague). You should have downloaded a check list at the time of application which helps a little. If you re-name files as I suggest they will sort into alphabetic and date order on your pc. If you make folders for the same headings as the UKVCAS site it makes life simpler for uploading. To make life easier for the decision maker (always wise :roll: upload the files in the same order as stored in your folders. Double check all is correct before uploading. Once uploaded you can see the name of each file but you cannot open them.

Remember UKVCAS (Sopra steria) is in business to make money, not help you. Making this process as difficult to comprehend as possible encourages victims to pay for extra services. How many free appointments did you find?

Bhims1485

Post by Bhims1485 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:09 pm

md3 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:36 am
When you go to upload you will see different sections for each category (there is a guide but typically rather vague). You should have downloaded a check list at the time of application which helps a little. If you re-name files as I suggest they will sort into alphabetic and date order on your pc. If you make folders for the same headings as the UKVCAS site it makes life simpler for uploading. To make life easier for the decision maker (always wise :roll: upload the files in the same order as stored in your folders. Double check all is correct before uploading. Once uploaded you can see the name of each file but you cannot open them.

Remember UKVCAS (Sopra steria) is in business to make money, not help you. Making this process as difficult to comprehend as possible encourages victims to pay for extra services. How many free appointments did you find?
Thanks so basically prepare the order on my pc upload all documents and put in folders for each category section headings. When I upload onto UKVCAS, I upload each documents one by one in order of each folder category. So they are in order on their website. Will I need to put category headings in-between to section them? Or they already have sections folders for each category to upload in?

Not checked the appointments yet but heard it's bad!

I get weekly payslips, so will have 60 payslips so will I be able to upload one by one, any limit on number of documents that can be uploaded?

Bhims1485

Post by Bhims1485 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:35 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:54 am
P60 is not sufficient. You need payslips and corresponding bank statements.
Why is P60 not sufficient for showing previous 12 months salary in addition to recent 7 months payslips. As I only need to show income, i will be showing under adequate maintience as exemptions through benefits.

It states 6 months or less...?

Problem is the company changing ltd company name in April. Wanted to know if that is problem under adequate maintience way if have two company name on payslips.

5.3.Earnings from employment (all adequate maintenance
applications under Appendix FM)
Under paragraph 12A(a) of Appendix FM-SE, where income from current employment in the
UK is relied upon, the following must be provided:

b) Payslips covering the period of 6 months prior to the date of application or such shorter
period as the current employment has been held.

c) Personal bank statements covering the same period as the payslips, showing that the
salary/income has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of
the person and their partner jointly.

md3
Newly Registered

Post by md3 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:03 pm

Bhims1485 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:09 pm
md3 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:36 am

Thanks so basically prepare the order on my pc upload all documents and put in folders for each category section headings. When I upload onto UKVCAS, I upload each documents one by one in order of each folder category. So they are in order on their website. Will I need to put category headings in-between to section them? Or they already have sections folders for each category to upload in?

Not checked the appointments yet but heard it's bad!

I get weekly payslips, so will have 60 payslips so will I be able to upload one by one, any limit on number of documents that can be uploaded?
You can't create or upload folders on or to the site all files must be uploaded individually. There are separate sections on the site already. Use these names to create your own folders on the pc. After creating folders on your pc, re-name and store the files in the folders, then when satisfied upload the contents of each folder to the corresponding section on the site.

If your scanner allows you to "continue" scanning after creating a pdf you could produce one pdf with several payslips (in date order). I would then re-name the pdf something like "payslips 19-02-04". There is a box on the upload page to give the file a description. You could then add more detail in the description box such as "payslips 04-02-19 to 25-02-19". Once uploaded the actual file name is shortened so using the description box makes it easier to see what the file contains.

You can visit the upload site as many times as you wish to upload files (if it's working). You can also remove files if you make an error.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:46 pm

Bhims1485 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:06 am
seagul wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:39 pm
Bhims1485 wrote:
Will 6 months payslips and p60 be efficient? As I have not collected hard print previous wage slips since December as they were online via email which I have missing.

And can my employer say worked for the past 3 years or from only April on the letter? As it is changing the ltd company name... Business the same and change of directors as well.
Online payslips in pdf format are acceptable. 6 months of payslips should be fine but the reason for the advice to attach 12 months of payslips is because caseworker might assume it as a change of employer, therefore, excercising precaution is desirable.