ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Options for BRP collection if Corona virus related lockdown comes into effect

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

digger74
Newly Registered
Australia

Options for BRP collection if Corona virus related lockdown comes into effect

Post by digger74 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:31 pm

I have been approved for a Tier-1 visa and my wife for. PBS Dependent visa. We are required to collect our BRP between APR-6 and May-6 and currently live in another EU country (but hold Australian passports).

With the Corona virus crisis fast spreading across Europe and the potential for further lockdowns (Italy just announced a nationwide lockdown) our travel to the U.K. could be impacted. Even if there is no lockdown in the U.K. we may not want to fly due to the associated risks.

Anyone have any ideas on what options the Home Office will give us to collect our BRP if due to circumstances we are simply not able to fly into the U.K. even if we want to?

Anyone have an experience with not being able to travel for the collection during the validity range of the vignette? I appreciate the Corona thing is new and UK has not yet closed Borders to travellers from outside.

:))
Newly Registered
Western Sahara

Re: Options for BRP collection if Corona virus related lockdown comes into effect

Post by :)) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:49 am

You can request a vignette transfer to enter the UK at a later date from what is stated. You will need to collect your BRP before your vignette expires or 10 days within arriving in the UK, which ever date is later is your deadline. I'm sure things will work out regardless of the current situation!