ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tito1312
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Post by Tito1312 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:22 am

Hello everyone,
Congratulations to those who have received their decisions, we will all rejoice by God's grace.
My family hold 2.5yrs leave to remain which expires next week. Myself and husband have applied for joint carer under zambrano as our second child is British. This should be our 3rd renewal. We have heard anything from EU settlement scheme although we have had biometric done and had our COA in November. My issue is that our first child is not British and is turning 18 soon and due to go uni and since we haven't put in for renewal as we waiting for the EU decision, what are his chances. I am confused as I don't want to jeopadice his schooling . Although we put his name as other dependant on the form. Any advice on what to do. The unis are asking for evidence of renewal. I am just so confused. Please help and advice.
Thank you all

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:06 pm

Tito1312 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:22 am
Hello everyone,
Congratulations to those who have received their decisions, we will all rejoice by God's grace.
My family hold 2.5yrs leave to remain which expires next week. Myself and husband have applied for joint carer under zambrano as our second child is British. This should be our 3rd renewal. We have heard anything from EU settlement scheme although we have had biometric done and had our COA in November. My issue is that our first child is not British and is turning 18 soon and due to go uni and since we haven't put in for renewal as we waiting for the EU decision, what are his chances. I am confused as I don't want to jeopadice his schooling . Although we put his name as other dependant on the form. Any advice on what to do. The unis are asking for evidence of renewal. I am just so confused. Please help and advice.
Thank you all
I dont think so that ur son will qualify for as dependent of primary care becoz he is over 18 so he does not fulfil the regulation. So he need extension under article 8.

snooky

Post by snooky » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:27 pm

@Tito1312

You have asked the most tricky question under Derivative Right To Reside 2016 Regulation.

Under Regulation 16 (6) of the EEA Regulations 2016, by the time a decision is made and your dependant has gone 18 years, Home Office would certainly REFUSED your dependant's claim of right to reside under Zambrano.

If your child has been given under eea Zambrano and now 18 years and doing settlement scheme then your child would be qualifying for it

Advice is do Appendix FM for your child

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:20 pm

Hello everyone,

I have been following this thread since Topsibelle started it.
Here is my timeline:
-Enter in to the Uk in 2008
-Got a 5yrs leave to remain in April 2011
-renewal for indefinite leave to remain in April 2016
-permanent residence card got refused in October 2016
-Appeal lodged in that same month (October)
-Lost my partner in October 2017 while I was waiting for the appeal
-Appeal day (first tier tribunal) February 2018
-Appeal dismissed April 2018
-Appeal lodged ( Upper tribunal) April 2018
-Appeal dismissed again November 2018
-Decided to apply under appendix FM as I’ve got a British child (7 yrs old)
-application submitted for parents route May 2019
-Then I heard about the EU settlement scheme
-Applied for the Eu settlement scheme Zambrano on the 1st of July
-Biometric done the 10th July
-Received COA the 13th of August
-Till now nothing, Keep calling them only to hear the same song
-Then today I received an email asking me to confirm as soon as possible which application I want them to consider as I’ve got two applications with them.

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:25 pm

I decided to go ahead with the EU Settlement scheme of course. I least with that I can get a settled status, note that my daughter is British since she was born.

lilee13
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by lilee13 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:21 pm

Hello Everyone,

I just arrived the UK a week ago with my Irish Citizen child (who is 17) and his 3 siblings. How long do I have to wait to apply for pre-settled status as I intend to settle in the UK with my children.

Your response and guidance will be appreciated.

Thank you.

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:44 pm

lilee13 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:21 pm
Hello Everyone,

I just arrived the UK a week ago with my Irish Citizen child (who is 17) and his 3 siblings. How long do I have to wait to apply for pre-settled status as I intend to settle in the UK with my children.

Thank you.
There is no time scale for this application. Most of people are waiting since may. About 10 months still no outcome.
Good luck

lilee13
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by lilee13 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:59 pm

Thanks, Mubashir1981.

Considering the long wait for a decision, can my children enroll in a state-funded school?

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:28 pm

lilee13 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:59 pm
Thanks, Mubashir1981.

Considering the long wait for a decision, can my children enroll in a state-funded school?
Ofcourse they can.

snooky

Post by snooky » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:31 pm

lilee13 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Thank you.
1. Are you Irish yourself?

2. Are you from the Republic or Northern Ireland

mummy21

Post by mummy21 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:44 pm

I called on Saturday for an update and to complain about not receiving an initial response to my first complaint on the 31st of January 2020. I spent an hour talking to a manager insisting that there is no timeline for an answer for paper applications and just to be patient despite being homeless with my minor son.

I got a reply today. Nothing to say they do not or do uphold my complaint. No idea what to do next. It was such a hastily put together response from different for letters in different fonts and different font sizes. I hope every person with a hand in destroying people's lives like this has it come back to them.

Dear Ms Mummy21,

Thank you for your contact dated 7 March 2020 regarding your EU Settlement Scheme application attributed to unique application number 0000-0000-xxxx-xxxx.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused whilst awaiting the outcome of said application, and thank you for your understanding at this time.

The expected processing times for EU Settlement Scheme applications are based upon current performance and further information in regards to this can be found at the following link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... plications

It usually takes around 5 working days for complete applications to be processed if no further information is required, but it can take up to a month. An application is likely to take longer than a month to process if:

We need to request more information from an applicant
The applicant is a minor, but this application has not been linked to their responsible adult
The application is submitted via the paper application route - for example were an application is based on a derivative right to reside in the UK
An applicant has a relevant criminal record
An applicant is non-EEA or non-Swiss citizen, who is applying based on a relationship which they have haven’t previously relied upon in an application to the Home Office
You have raised an application based on a derivative right to reside in the UK, and therefore as per the above guidance, applications that are raised in such a manner will take longer to consider.

Whilst we endeavour to progress all applications in a timely manner, processing times will vary on a case-by-case basis. The Home Office have to make a number of enquiries before we can reach a decision on whether or not to grant settled status to an individual under the terms of the EU Settlement Scheme. The extent and length of time taken to complete these enquiries varies according to the circumstances of each particular application.

So far our enquiries have not been completed in regards to your application and we are most sorry for the delay. Please rest assured that as soon as we are in a position to conclude this application, you will be notified of our decision via email.

We would kindly ask that you continue to remain patient whilst our deliberations are ongoing.

Yours sincerely,

EU Settlement Scheme

Tinumo
Wales

Post by Tinumo » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:48 am

Hello Everyone.
I phoned the resolution this morning.
I applied since June 2019
COA July 2019.
And it’s been officially 9months since I applied and I am currently on 2.5 leave as a single parent of a British child who is 4years old but I lived here for 11years.

So the lady I spoke to said my application was actually looked at Monday by a caseworker, and she can confirm that all the supporting documents I sent with the application 9months ago had been checked and posted back to me yesterday and I should receive them soon.
And I further asked if a decision is sent, she said she doesn’t think so but the application is in th final stage.
Ok o
I am due for renewal in this July, I had been righteously saving up for my renewal as this people are full of surprises.
Fingers crossed...
good luck to everyone still waiting.
I will update if any surprises comes in from them...

Tinumo
Wales

Post by Tinumo » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:27 am

Please is there anyone on the same both as me who as had their documents returned back to them and still waiting ?
I am not talking about the initial passport return after applying.
But supporting documents it’s been 9months since I applied and my supporting documents is on the way to me...

lilee13
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by lilee13 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:29 am

@Snooky, I am Nigerian.

lilee13
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by lilee13 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:32 am

mubashir1981 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:28 pm
lilee13 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:59 pm
Thanks, Mubashir1981.

Ofcourse they can.
@Mubashir1981, thanks a lot.

lilee13
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by lilee13 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:33 am

snooky wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:31 pm
lilee13 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Thank you.
1. Are you Irish yourself?

2. Are you from the Republic or Northern Ireland
I am not Irish, I am Nigerian.

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 pm

Guys just to let you know that I have been refused. Just got a letter today . CoA dated 9th July. Refusal dated 9th March. Will go through the letter and let you know of the reasons.

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:29 pm

njazzy wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 pm
Guys just to let you know that I have been refused. Just got a letter today . CoA dated 9th July. Refusal dated 9th March. Will go through the letter and let you know of the reasons.

Refused because I currently have leave to remain. And the scheme is meant for people who do not already have leave to remain. Well, I think that’s what they have finally agreed to do. I just have to prepare and start applying for my extension. All the best and keep your fingers crossed.

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:00 pm

njazzy wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:29 pm
njazzy wrote:

Refused because I currently have leave to remain. And the scheme is meant for people who do not already have leave to remain. Well, I think that’s what they have finally agreed to do. I just have to prepare and start applying for my extension. All the best and keep your fingers crossed.
Hi that is really sad. Does it say becoz u have leave to remain or does it say this for people who have no other means to remain?

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:02 pm

it says both.

Prettymum

Post by Prettymum » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:23 pm

njazzy wrote:
njazzy wrote:

Hi njazzy

I feel so sad to read this.... Am happy for you because you have another alternative to remain lawfully in the Country. Please raise your head up everything will end with praise.

apollo_alpha

Post by apollo_alpha » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:33 pm

njazzy wrote:
njazzy wrote:

Hi njazzy,

Sorry to hear that outcome.

Were you given a right of appeal and do you plan to appeal it if given the right to do so?

Abuken1
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Abuken1 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:37 pm

njazzy wrote:
njazzy wrote:

So sad to hear about this.
Where you only on 2.5 yrs leave to remain or you also have a Derivative Residence Card (DRC). Thanks.

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:49 pm

njazzy wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:02 pm
it says both.
When ur leave is going to expired?
Now i belive this scheme is only for those who already have drv card.

snooky

Post by snooky » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:14 pm

@njazzy

Sorry to hear your refusal under the settlement scheme.

Home Office is just a vampire and wine presser.

Since their new guidance on Zambrano updated in February, Home Office is trying to say that settlement scheme status might be given to those with 2.5 years LTR if only they have less than 28 days left or leave expired during the process and refusing would cause compulsion or compell the union child to leave.

Their refusal is illegal and not in accordance to EU laws under regulation 16.

If you had appeal right then please fight them through the courts.

Those who have been already assessed as Zambrano carers shouldn't be afraid because is a done deal.

Those who haven't been assessed and are going on Zambrano route should be ready to challenge the home Office as we are about to enter the 17 of April 2020 deadline they gave me through my complaint that all cases would be done by then