ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents on TLS for Spouse visa uk

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Marriage abroad in a different country

Post by shyamgorasia » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:31 pm

Hello, hope you're all well!

I will be submitting a UK spouse visa soon. My partner is from Nairobi, Kenya and I am a British Citizen born in the UK. I was wondering if there are any restrictions of marrying in a third country where we both do not reside or are citizens i.e. INDIA.

Being a British citizen and my partner being a Kenyan citizen, will a civil marriage certificate from India be valid when submitting with the documents? Or will it raise questions why I got married in a third country where we aren't citizens but have Overseas citizenship.(OCI)?

We would like to do our civil wedding in India, so I just wanted to know if doing my civil/court marriage in India will cause problems when I submit my spouse visa and raise questions?

Kind regards
Shyam

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Spouse Visa UK

Post by shyamgorasia » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:06 pm

Hello, I am planning to submit my spouse visa soon after my marriage, so I just wanted to check if I have all the necessary documents and steps covered;

My partner is from Kenya, Nairobi and I am a British Citizen. We have been conversing since March 2019, and I have been to meet her in October. I will be going again to meet her in India soon in the next month and we will do our civil/court marriage there at the same time. Our Hindu wedding ceremony is end of June (not that this matters). The plan is to:

1) Fill in ACCESS UK form on Gov
2) Pay the Visa charge and NHS fees
3) Upload Documentation on TLS and Book the biometric appt
4) Partner in Kenya to attend the appt with Passport and printout of document checklist
5) Wait until we here back of result and passport is handed back with entry clearance stamp so she can enter UK and come and live with me for 2 years until i have to extend.

Are these the correct steps to follow? I have also attached a list of documents below I'm planning to submit. Hope I haven't missed anything? :lol:

Your advice and confirmation would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Shyam

:::: Relationship Docs ::::

- WhatsApp chats, calls and video call screenshots (March 2019 to present) - about 5 screenshots per month
- Flight boarding passes to Kenya
- Photos together in Kenya
- Screenshot of Facebook as friends
- Western Union Gift transactions (2-3 transactions)
- Gift Receipts
- Marriage Certificate
- Scan/photo of Hindu Wedding Invitation

:::: Financial Docs ::::

- My and partner's employment letter
- My employment contract
- My and Partner's 6 month payslips
- My and Partner's 6 month bank statement
- Appendix 2 VAF4A financial form

:::: Additional/Supporting Docs ::::

- IHS Surchage fee confirmation payment screenshot/email
- Visa application fee paid confirmation/email/receipt
- Partner's IELTS PASS certificate (Life Skills A1)
- Partner's TB test - certificate
- My and Partner's passport bio page and stamped visa pages
- Supporting Letter from Myself
- Supporting Letter from Partner
- Supporting Letter from Partner's father that they're happy
- Supporting Letter from My father that he's happy with my partner to stay with me at his house
- My and Partner's Birth Certificate (original and translated)
- Partner's - ID card scan
- Sponsor form - SU07
- My Land registry - Copy of Title Register
- Photos of my Parents house we will be staying in
- Father's Utility bill/council tax bill
- Parents - passport scan
- Partner's Parents - passport scan
- My driving licence scan

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Documents on TLS for Spouse visa uk

Post by shyamgorasia » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:27 pm

Hi guys,

Anyone know anything about below?
- Uploading size on TLS? 6MB per document?
- is there a Specific order to upload on TLS so ECO looks in that order?
- can we use scanning apps on our phones to scan All documents including passport to upload? as long as they're very clear and readable?
- Do Any docs need to be certified copies?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Documents on TLS for Spouse visa uk

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:33 pm

::: Relationship Docs ::::

- WhatsApp chats, calls and video call screenshots (March 2019 to present) - about 5 screenshots per month
- Flight boarding passes to Kenya
- Photos together in Kenya
- Screenshot of Facebook as friends
- Western Union Gift transactions (2-3 transactions)
- Gift Receipts
- Marriage Certificate
- Scan/photo of Hindu Wedding Invitation
Fine.
:::: Financial Docs ::::

- My and partner's employment letter
- My employment contract
- My and Partner's 6 month payslips
- My and Partner's 6 month bank statement
- Appendix 2 VAF4A financial form
For applications outside the UK, your partner's employment and income is completely irrelevant and disregarded. Only your income counts.
:::: Additional/Supporting Docs ::::

- IHS Surchage fee confirmation payment screenshot/email
- Visa application fee paid confirmation/email/receipt
- Partner's IELTS PASS certificate (Life Skills A1)
- Partner's TB test - certificate
- My and Partner's passport bio page and stamped visa pages
- Supporting Letter from Myself Not required
- Supporting Letter from Partner Not required
- Supporting Letter from Partner's father that they're happy Not required
- Supporting Letter from My father that he's happy with my partner to stay with me at his house
- My and Partner's Birth Certificate (original and translated) Not required
- Partner's - ID card scan Not required
- Sponsor form - SU07 Not required
- My Land registry - Copy of Title Register
- Photos of my Parents house we will be staying in
- Father's Utility bill/council tax bill
- Parents - passport scan
- Partner's Parents - passport scan Not required
- My driving licence scan Not required
Don't submit unnecessary documents!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:06 pm

Hello. Many thanks for your reply.

I'm just a bit concerned with the amount of evidence to provide to prove relationship:

Is the following sufficient to prove our genuine and subsisting relationship? Or would you suggest more?

- 5-10 screenshots of chat each month (some have 5, some have more than 5)
- 3-10 screenshots of call logs each month including duration of few calls (some have 3, others have 2 calls, 5 calls etc)
- Pictures together in Nov 2020 (engagement, outings etc)
- Pictures together in March 2020 (outings, civil ceremony, wedding photoshoot etc)
- Flight boarding passes
- Gift receipts
- Western Union transactions
- Marriage Certificate

Please advise. I'm concerned that HO won't be convinced that its a genuine relationship. Other requirements I have met, so I'm not so worried about them.

Kind regards
Shyam

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:19 pm

shyamgorasia wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:06 pm
Hello. Many thanks for your reply.

I'm just a bit concerned with the amount of evidence to provide to prove relationship:

Is the following sufficient to prove our genuine and subsisting relationship? Or would you suggest more?

- 5-10 screenshots of chat each month (some have 5, some have more than 5)
- 3-10 screenshots of call logs each month including duration of few calls (some have 3, others have 2 calls, 5 calls etc)
- Pictures together in Nov 2020 (engagement, outings etc)
- Pictures together in March 2020 (outings, civil ceremony, wedding photoshoot etc)
- Flight boarding passes
- Gift receipts
- Western Union transactions
- Marriage Certificate

Please advise. I'm concerned that HO won't be convinced that its a genuine relationship. Other requirements I have met, so I'm not so worried about them.

Kind regards
Shyam
Nobody can give a definitive reply for this but generally speaking the subsisting relationship evidences should be as much as you can.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:15 am

I have screenshots from March 2019 to present, but April and June are missing as I was having some backup issues so I've lost this. And partner doesn't keep her messages for personal reasons, so we can't recover these 2 months. Will this be an issue? How would i address this in the cover letter?

I have plenty of screenshots for other months and some Call lists logs too.

Thanks

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:12 pm

shyamgorasia wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:15 am
I have screenshots from March 2019 to present, but April and June are missing as I was having some backup issues so I've lost this. And partner doesn't keep her messages for personal reasons, so we can't recover these 2 months. Will this be an issue? How would i address this in the cover letter?
There are no specific requirements, provide what you can that you believe helps prove you are in a genuine and subsisting relationship. It seems unlikely missing a couple sporadic months of messages would derail an entire application, particularly where other evidence is available. If you have concerns, you could address it in a cover letter the same way you have here, not much else you can do really. "Decisions on whether a relationship is genuine and subsisting are to be considered, taking into account all available evidence and individual circumstances, on a case by-case basis."
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:38 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have plenty of other screen shots from other months. On top of that we have/will have;
- Western union money transfers
- engagement pics
- civil ceremony pics/marriage certificate
- gift receipts
- flight boarding passes
- photos together

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:45 pm

shyamgorasia wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:38 pm
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have plenty of other screen shots from other months. On top of that we have/will have;
- Western union money transfers
- engagement pics
- civil ceremony pics/marriage certificate
- gift receipts
- flight boarding passes
- photos together
Yes with other things provided as proof you should be fine.

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:05 pm

We also didn't start calling each other until August 2019. I have chats from March 2019, but our calls and video calls start from August 2019. Will this be an issue?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:27 pm

shyamgorasia wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:05 pm
We also didn't start calling each other until August 2019. I have chats from March 2019, but our calls and video calls start from August 2019. Will this be an issue?
There are no specific requirements, provide what you can that you believe helps prove you are in a genuine and subsisting relationship. It seems unlikely not calling each other for a few months would derail an entire application, particularly where other evidence is available. "Decisions on whether a relationship is genuine and subsisting are to be considered, taking into account all available evidence and individual circumstances, on a case by-case basis."
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:46 pm

Regarding the accommodation documents, would the following suffice?

- copy of title register (online £3 downloaded copy)
- recent utility bills (water and gas and electric)
- letter from father describing property details
- photos of property

Do I really need the actual deeds and title plan, since this will take a while to get through the post? Or is the above enough?

Thanks
Shyam

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:33 pm

shyamgorasia wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:46 pm
Regarding the accommodation documents, would the following suffice?

- copy of title register (online £3 downloaded copy)
- recent utility bills (water and gas and electric)
- letter from father describing property details
- photos of property

Do I really need the actual deeds and title plan, since this will take a while to get through the post? Or is the above enough?

Thanks
Shyam
Online title deed should be fine. Also attach mortgage statement (if on mortgage) and father's noc letter. Better than utility bills is council tax bill (optional).
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:38 pm

I'm not too sure how to get an online title deed. Theres only a title register, plan and flood report available online on land registry website?

Property isn't on mortgage, it was bought with cash. So I don't need a NOC or a mortgage statement right? My father's letter says that he's happy with us staying at property anyway, so I probably don't need a separate noc letter?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:10 pm

shyamgorasia wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:38 pm
. So I don't need a NOC
In all cases it is needed.
shyamgorasia wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:38 pm
a mortgage statement right? ?
No need in that case

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:32 pm

So the online title register is fine, as opposed to deeds?

I'm a bit confused with the noc letter. Is this just a letter confirming that father is happy with me and partner staying at property indefinitely? My father's letter which describes property details already states this in the letter?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:35 pm

shyamgorasia wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:32 pm
My father's letter which describes property details already states this in the letter?
Then this is noc letter.

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:40 pm

Thanks

Regarding the deeds, I only have the title register which I downloaded online for £3 on land registry. Do I need to get the actual deeds or is this fine.? I'm told Deeds and title register are different documents

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:45 pm

shyamgorasia wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:40 pm
Thanks

Regarding the deeds, I only have the title register which I downloaded online for £3 on land registry. Do I need to get the actual deeds or is this fine.? I'm told Deeds and title register are different documents
For visa purpose the only thing matters that who owns the property which can be confirmed from downloadable title register. However, if you still wish then can spend £7 and buy its official version via post for extra peace of mind.

https://www.gov.uk/get-information-abou ... e-register

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:05 pm

Thanks a lot.

Is this coronavirus outbreak going to affect spouse visa applications to the UK? I'm guessing there are already cases in UK so it won't matter with someone from Kenya arriving to UK right?

I hope it won't have any issues with it and delays.

Thanks
Shyam

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:12 pm

shyamgorasia wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:05 pm
Is this coronavirus outbreak going to affect spouse visa applications to the UK? I'm guessing there are already cases in UK so it won't matter with someone from Kenya arriving to UK right?
Not at the moment, but it's the type of thing that changes day-to-day without much notice. The sudden USA ban on travellers from the EU's Schengen border-free area being an excellent example.

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:41 pm

Thanks. Just wanted to ask about the civil wedding photos too.

Our civil marriage and registration was in sort of an office based environment in India, where we exchanged rings and garlands. Photos were taken of us as a couple and with some family members too inside and outside. But the background shows that it's an office building with doors and hung up TV screens. Will this be an issue?

I'm not sure if the ECO is expecting the wedding location to be as sophisticated and modern like the UK venues with good interiors?

Thanks
Shyam.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:40 pm

shyamgorasia wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:41 pm
Thanks. Just wanted to ask about the civil wedding photos too.

Our civil marriage and registration was in sort of an office based environment in India, where we exchanged rings and garlands. Photos were taken of us as a couple and with some family members too inside and outside. But the background shows that it's an office building with doors and hung up TV screens. Will this be an issue?

I'm not sure if the ECO is expecting the wedding location to be as sophisticated and modern like the UK venues with good interiors?

Thanks
Shyam.
It should not be an issue.

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:45 pm

Not at the moment, but it's the type of thing that changes day-to-day without much notice. The sudden USA ban on travellers from the EU's Schengen border-free area being an excellent example.
Would you guys still recommend putting in an application for a spouse visa? Would we get refunded if uk does go under lock down or would it just get delayed or postponed? I was planning to submit on 20th but not sure now..