ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Treasury Analyst as an acceptable professional reference for British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

skasyap
India

Confused about Citizenship on the basis of Settled status

Post by skasyap » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:57 am

Hi

I was on 5 years EEA Family member permit until last year, when I applied for settled status and received Biometric Card for settled status.

It’s time when I can now apply for citizenship and not sure how best to approach online question so I would really appreciate if someone can clarify.

Q1) Though, I am a direct EEA family member but have not got permanent residence card, I will be using ILR as a base for my citizenships application and no need to apply for PR and then wait again ?

Q2) I have be travelling but not more than 2 months in any qualifying year, but because I had EEA residence card my Passport was never stamped when entering UK most of the time so not sure how can I prove my residency in UK that I was here or what else document I can rely on.

Many thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Confused about Citizenship on the basis of Settled status

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:03 am

Q1) Correct - no need to apply for PR as you got UK S S (it's one year since you received it?)
Q2) If employed P60s or Employer Letter(s), if self-employed HMRC self-assessment returns, or alternatively Counvil Tax bills.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-guidance
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:12 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:03 am
Q1) Correct - no need to apply for PR as you got UK S S (it's one year since you received it?)
Q2) If employed P60s or Employer Letter(s), if self-employed HMRC self-assessment returns, or alternatively Counvil Tax bills.
Thank you so much 😊

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:16 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:03 am
You were too nice and quick to answer my questions so quickly and I think I have got an answer but below is what I was rephrasing to make it simpler for the reader.

Hi

I was on 5 years EEA Family member permit until last year, when I applied for settled status and received Biometric Card for settled status.

It’s now time for me, when I can now apply for citizenship as I have waited for almost 12 months but not sure how best to approach online questions, so I would really appreciate if someone can clarify.

Q1) Though, I am a direct EEA family member and did hold 5 years EEA Residence card prior to settled status, I do not need to apply for physical permanent residence card, before applying for citizenship.
There is no way I can specify online that I am a family member of an EEA national but do not have permanent residence card.

Q2) I have be travelling like others, but not more than 2 months in any qualifying year. Because I had EEA residence Card in past, my Passport was never stamped when entering UK, so not sure how else can I prove my continuous residency in UK if I get the date wrong when answering about leaving and entry in UK.
Q3)What else document I can rely on to prove my time in UK if UK BORDER stopped stamping my passport on my return.

Many thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:30 am

Q2. Any Boarding cards or travel tickets?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:49 pm

vinny wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:30 am
Hi Vinny, thank you so much and might have flights tickets.

Just to check, we only need to provide travel details for last 5 years is that correct?

Plus do I need to upload photocopy of my passport to show stamp as I have got stamps from all eu countries where I have traveled.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:48 pm

vinny wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:30 am
For Proof of living in the UK if my passport was not stamped by UK border agency due to EEA Residence card:
- Do I have to ask my old employers to prove that I was employed Or P60 from last 6 years are sufficient documents to prove that I have been in the UK?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:29 pm

There is no way I can specify online that I am a family member of an EEA national but do not have permanent residence card.
You are applying with UK Settled Status which is for persons who are here under EEA regulations incl. family members.
skasyap wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:48 pm
For Proof of living in the UK if my passport was not stamped by UK border agency due to EEA Residence card:
- Do I have to ask my old employers to prove that I was employed Or P60 from last 6 years are sufficient documents to prove that I have been in the UK?
As you are in the UK under EEA regulations then letters or P60 covering the five years immediately preceeding your application are fine - these are the documents proving your residency. You should not worry about your travel in/out - just list the dates.

Just to check, we only need to provide travel details for last 5 years is that correct?

Plus do I need to upload photocopy of my passport to show stamp as I have got stamps from all eu countries where I have traveled.

- Not sure why Vinny suggests suggest boarding cards - you are under EEA.
- Travel details only for the five years preceeding your application date.
- You need to upload your passport anyway so it won't matter if you include any stamped pages.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:51 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:29 pm
You are applying with UK Settled Status which is for persons who are here under EEA regulations incl. family members.
skasyap wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:48 pm
As you are in the UK under EEA regulations then letters or P60 covering the five years immediately preceeding your application are fine - these are the documents proving your residency. You should not worry about your travel in/out - just list the dates.

- Not sure why Vinny suggests suggest boarding cards - you are under EEA.
- Travel details only for the five years preceeding your application date.
- You need to upload your passport anyway so it won't matter if you include any stamped pages.
Thank you so much for the information. Really appreciate that.

1) will use p60 for last five years than asking for old employers to provide letter stating I was working with them.
2) when I will upload the passport, do I have to scan every single page or just front and back ?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:55 am

1) will use p60 for last five years than asking for old employers to provide letter stating I was working with them.
P60s are ok, letters not required. Only one type of document is required.
2) when I will upload the passport, do I have to scan every single page or just front and back ?
Biometrics page and any stamped pages.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:08 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:55 am
P60s are ok, letters not required. Only one type of document is required.
Biometrics page and any stamped pages.
Many thanks 🙏.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:05 am

Hello All,
Just last question before I would submit my application so any thoughts would be appreciated.

Though I am a family member of EU national (husband) but was never issued a permanent residence card ( as you have to apply for it which I did not) so would I answer NO to the below question ? Or YES in an online application.

Are you either:
An EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence document
A family member of an EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence card

Secondly: if I said yes, another question comes up which says like which one would you use to apply for citizenship a) PR or b) Settled status

Background- I applied for settled status directly on 5 years EEA residence card.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:16 am

Yes -> Settled status

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:31 am

obormot wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:16 am
Yes -> Settled status
Thanks. But even though I do not have permanent residence card ? So I can still answer Yes ?

A family member of an EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence card

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:39 am

Yes, "even though"
Now, you are visa national, right? So when you applied for settled status, what document you used to confirm your identity? And what did you get from them as a confirmation of your settled status?
If you are non-EU family member of EU citizen and you did not have PR card (well, you had 5 years one, but you got settled status), they had to issue you a settled status biometric card, no?

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:33 pm

skasyap wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:05 am
Are you either:
Answer 'no'.

Lying in a naturalisation application is a dangerous move. Five years from now, you could find yourself rendered stateless for obtaining British citizenship by deception.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:02 pm

Richard W wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:33 pm
skasyap wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:05 am
Are you either:
Answer 'no'.

Lying in a naturalisation application is a dangerous move. Five years from now, you could find yourself rendered stateless for obtaining British citizenship by deception.
Hey I am seeking for help regarding question and not reasons to lie.
Anyway thanks for your advice and actually I would say no as I do not have PR card.

skasyap
India

Citizenship question based on Settled Status

Post by skasyap » Wed May 13, 2020 3:28 pm

Hi All

I hope you can help as I am about to submit my application for citizenship so just wanted to cross check few answers for the questions which I am not sure about.

Q1 Are you either:
My Answer : No
Reason: (I am a family member (married) of an eea national but have not been issued Permanent residence card but only settled status on the basis of 5 years on EEA Residence card.

Q2 Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?
My Answer : No
Reason - For settled status you do not have to provide proof for English requirement.

Q3 Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time?
My Answer :No
Reason - 1) my kid is already British citizen 2) My wife EEA national who I guess will not be treated as dependent

Many thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship question based on Settled Status

Post by CR001 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:30 pm

Topics merged!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

skasyap
India

Re: Citizenship question based on Settled Status

Post by skasyap » Wed May 13, 2020 3:52 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:30 pm
Topics merged!!
Thanks a lot. Would you be kind enough to provide clarity on my question please.

skasyap
India

Treasury Analyst as an acceptable professional reference for British Citizenship

Post by skasyap » Thu May 21, 2020 12:33 pm

Hi Everyone,

My friend work as Treasury Analyst in a building society, so can I use him as a professional reference ? and if I can, then, should I mention his title as building society official or Treasury Analyst.

Because he confirmed, his official title is Treasury Analyst but he is certainly building society official.

Thanks