ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to India with less than 6 months validity of Indian passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sirita975
Newly Registered
India

Travelling to India with less than 6 months validity of Indian passport

Post by Sirita975 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:39 pm

Hi

Sorry I am a bit confused with all the replies from my previous post.

I currently have ILR and due to apply for citizenship in May but due to family emergency issues I need to travel to India in mid March. My passport will expire mid of July 2020. I am returning back to UK by emirates first week of April. The passport expiry date is less than six months on 12 July 2020. Can anyone please help and advise me if I need to have passport with a minimum of 6 month expiry date? Will I have problem while returned back to UK in April?

I am really confused from the previous replies in my previous post as I do not have the time to renew the passport and go.

Can someone pls help and advise me?

Thanks

xebec
Australia

Re: Travelling to India with less than 6 months validity of Indian passport

Post by xebec » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:54 am

Entry into India on an Indian passport should not be a problem as its an Indian passport valid up to July. A country cannot refuse entry for its citizens whose passport is not expired.

The UK only requires that you have a valid passport for the duration of your stay - however, as you have ILR, check if the paperwork does not have a renewal date on 12 July 2020.

I would still clarify from the UK government about re-entry before departing, or at UK outbound immigration if you cannot get a response before - that way you can get a tatkal passport if required in India.

Also check with the airlines as they may have their own policies on passport validity.

Please also be aware of the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions in place.

Sirita975 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:39 pm
Hi

Sorry I am a bit confused with all the replies from my previous post.

I currently have ILR and due to apply for citizenship in May but due to family emergency issues I need to travel to India in mid March. My passport will expire mid of July 2020. I am returning back to UK by emirates first week of April. The passport expiry date is less than six months on 12 July 2020. Can anyone please help and advise me if I need to have passport with a minimum of 6 month expiry date? Will I have problem while returned back to UK in April?

I am really confused from the previous replies in my previous post as I do not have the time to renew the passport and go.

Can someone pls help and advise me?

Thanks