ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need to apply for a visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

renaneq
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Need to apply for a visa

Post by renaneq » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:01 pm

Hi guys!

My name is Renan (29 years old), I'm from Brazil and I'm coming to Glasgow, Scotland to study for four months. Do I need to apply for a visa to cross the border?

I checked on government website gov.uk and the result was that I wouldn't need to apply but I'd like to check with you in order to confirm. If anyone could help me here I'd be very grateful.

Thanks a bunch! :D

kamoe

Re: Need to apply for a visa

Post by kamoe » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:51 pm

renaneq wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:01 pm
I checked on government website gov.uk and the result was that I wouldn't need to apply but I'd like to check with you in order to confirm.
Why do you not trust the information you already found? It's not like you found that on facebook! What would you do if some random person here tells you that the government site is absolutely wrong and you absolutely need a visa? What does your common sense tell you?

The key thing for anyone reading this to understand is that the ultimate source of information for anyone is and should always be, official government-supplied, and publicly available information, and widely available rules and regulations. Everyone here, including moderators and respected gurus, like myself, rely on those official sources to advise and clarify anything that is not clear for those members.

Asking questions here makes sense for non straightforward, out-of the ordinary cases, or for cases where the OP is having difficulty finding the official information. But when the answerhas already been found, why do you add more complexity to your life, wanting to "confirm"? And by whom? it worries me that you do not trust obviously authoritative sites.

Again, what if someone told you official information is absolutely wrong?

Having already used the go-to tool to verify this yourself, it should be clear to you what to do.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.