ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current Processing Times - Help us to help you

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:48 am

Seems like the reason for the delay between the approval and stamping of the visas is that once the caseworker has approved the case it goes on to the manager for the approval and once its approved by the manager it goes for stamping. Thus takes 2-3 weeks for the whole thing.

just a thaught............:idea:

justice122

Post by justice122 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:10 pm

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is doing great. Just wanted to ask one question. Is there anyone on the forum who has a refrence letter with a number pb3090xxx and has got the visa??

[only tier-1 fresh application, not Extension applications and without Urgent Treatment]

Please Help!!

Many Thanks

darksun

Post by darksun » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:39 pm

Thanks for your reply grant1. I haven't send to a specific email address. My case worker contacted me first via his email. Because I forgot to send a document. Unfortunately there is no contact info like you can learn the status of your application...
grant1 wrote:I dnt think you should worry about that, i think it really depend on the case worker and also so many people had a same issue as you they dnt really give out any infomation right till the end.

Could you please tell me to wht email address you sent an email to in order to know when the decision has been reached on your application.

Regards
darksun wrote:Hi Everybody,

This forum is a big support. So Thank you very much to all...

I applied on 20th of June but I forgot to send the Police Certification, caseworker asked for it, I've sent it on monday. It's confirmed that has been received. Today I sent an email kindly asking if it's possible learn when a decision is made and when documents to be sent to my address so i can make sure someone will be at home. I've been told the decision is made and documents sent to relevant team and they're not allowed to confirm the outcome of the decision. I will be informed when i received the documents...

Has anybody had a similiar issue? Do you think it's bad or good :) Because i've read that many people have been told by their caseworker that their application is approved.

darksun

Post by darksun » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:43 pm

I do agree with this. I mean I don't know anything on real basis but this is my assumption too...
grant1 wrote:Seems like the reason for the delay between the approval and stamping of the visas is that once the caseworker has approved the case it goes on to the manager for the approval and once its approved by the manager it goes for stamping. Thus takes 2-3 weeks for the whole thing.

just a thaught............:idea:

mankar
Newly Registered

Post by mankar » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:33 pm

Hi Darksun,

Can you please tell us:
At what exact date the case worker asked for the missing document and what exact date were you told that a decision was made on your application?

Thanks.
darksun wrote:Hi Everybody,

This forum is a big support. So Thank you very much to all...

I applied on 20th of June but I forgot to send the Police Certification, caseworker asked for it, I've sent it on monday. It's confirmed that has been received. Today I sent an email kindly asking if it's possible learn when a decision is made and when documents to be sent to my address so i can make sure someone will be at home. I've been told the decision is made and documents sent to relevant team and they're not allowed to confirm the outcome of the decision. I will be informed when i received the documents...

Has anybody had a similiar issue? Do you think it's bad or good :) Because i've read that many people have been told by their caseworker that their application is approved.

darksun

Post by darksun » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:12 am

CW asked for my police certificate on 1st of August Friday, I sent it on saturday with guarenteed next delivery. According to royal mail it arrived on monday 4th August. But he had it on 5th of August tuesday, i've been told it takes 24 hours to get to CW since mails sorted by a different department.

I've sent an email on friday 8th August to ask if it's possible to know when a decision is made so I can make sure someone will be at home for delivery, he said he made a decision on wednesday 6th and sent the documents to relevant team to return to me. I think I agree with other guy's idea, like after CW made a decision it goes to the manager or something and double checked.

mankar
Newly Registered

Post by mankar » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:29 am

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, so the cw received it on 5th and made a decision by 6th.

I think once a decision (successful) is made it goes to Visa issual department + shipping department. And I guess mostly a manager is involved when the case is complicated for the case worker.

Anways, best of luck.
darksun wrote:CW asked for my police certificate on 1st of August Friday, I sent it on saturday with guarenteed next delivery. According to royal mail it arrived on monday 4th August. But he had it on 5th of August tuesday, i've been told it takes 24 hours to get to CW since mails sorted by a different department.

I've sent an email on friday 8th August to ask if it's possible to know when a decision is made so I can make sure someone will be at home for delivery, he said he made a decision on wednesday 6th and sent the documents to relevant team to return to me. I think I agree with other guy's idea, like after CW made a decision it goes to the manager or something and double checked.

justice122

Post by justice122 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:55 am

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is doing great. Just wanted to ask one question. Is there anyone on the forum who has a refrence letter with a number pb3090xxx and has got the visa??

[only tier-1 fresh application, not Extension applications and without Urgent Treatment]

Please Help!!

Many Thanks

darksun

Post by darksun » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:06 pm

Mine is 3093. I am still waiting...

sojan

Post by sojan » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:09 pm

is police certification required for wp to tier1 category?

darksun

Post by darksun » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:41 pm

yes... basicly, i've been told that i should send it at first place. But i wasn't careful enough to read that on the application form...

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:28 pm

Its not required from all the applicants , its only required by the nationals of few countries like russia, uzbekistan .......etc. Its mainly not required by the nationals of commonwealth countries.

Regards

sojan wrote:is police certification required for wp to tier1 category?

faisalliaqat
Newly Registered

Post by faisalliaqat » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:34 am

Hello friends,

Glad to share the good news of me receiving the Tier-1 visa valid for 3 years. Here are the details:

Application type: IGS to Tier 1 General
Date sent: 17 June 2008
Reached HO: 18 June 2008
Payment Taken: 18 June 2008
HO Ref: PB30910****
Approval letter dated: 30 July 2008
Stamping date: 08 August 2008
Documents received: 09 August 2008

I sent an urgent treatment request by email and fax on 7th August 2008 which is probably why I received my documents soon afterwards. Documentation wise it was a straight forward case as I provided original UK degree, letters from employers (worked part-time as well), bank statements and IELTS test report. Some points to mention which I was a bit worried about in the beginning:

1- 3 months of the earning period were on student visa when I had submitted my MSc dissertation and was waiting for final results. The contract at that time was 3 months fixed-term so it was valid earning.

2- Bank statements provided were duplicate from HSBC which were not signed but sent directly from HSBC by post and had 'DUPLICATE' written on them. So it is proved that they are acceptable.

3- Took advantage of the transitional arrangements for maintenance funds and showed a closing balance of more than £800 in the past month for the maintenance funds.

I think for some reasons the HO is taking much time in stamping and returning the documents so if you have a valid urgency, try the urgent treatment request, it does work.

Thanks for your support, its a great forum and good luck to all who are waiting.

Cheers,

Faisal

darksun

Post by darksun » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:07 am

Hey faisalliaqat, congrats! is the fax number you used for urgent treatment is 0114-207-4000 ?

faisalliaqat
Newly Registered

Post by faisalliaqat » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:13 pm

darksun wrote:Hey faisalliaqat, congrats! is the fax number you used for urgent treatment is 0114-207-4000 ?
Thanks, I sent the fax to: 0114 207 5862. Not sure whether it was the fax or email which was considered as I also sent an email and received an acknowledgement of the email request.

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:19 pm

anyone who applied between 10th and 20th JUNE, got approval ??

mbasaaga

Post by mbasaaga » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:02 pm

i applied on 18th june, still waiting though...

grant1 wrote:anyone who applied between 10th and 20th JUNE, got approval ??

justice122

Post by justice122 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:47 pm

Basically, seems like they are sending visas in batch's.

By looking at the timelines of various applicants on the forum, no one who hasnt applied for the urgent treatment for the fresh tier-1 application within UK has got there stuff back since 7th Aug.

Its the same situation as when HO went quite between 25july till 5th Aug and then all of a sudden a lot of people who applied between 1st June till 10th got there Visas except few cases. i think this week or next week will be the turn of people who applied between 10th and 20th JUNE.

Just an Observation................. :idea:

Hope this helps!

Regards :)

mbasaaga wrote:i applied on 18th june, still waiting though...

cui

Post by cui » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:43 am

Hello,

I got a query.

My current visa is running out on 8 Sep 2008, and I still havent got the result for my tier 1 application.

Does anyone know, in case I got rejected, do I get a few months extension on my current visa?

Thanks in advance!

jozzy
Newly Registered

Tier 1 approval received today

Post by jozzy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:00 am

You may be right. Just to share my good news

I applied on the 9th June, HO recieved it on the 10th June, got reference letter on 13th, Visa stamped 21st July, Received by Recorded delivery this morning.
Ref No. PB308.

P.S when I called on the 29th of July I was told that no decision had been made and when I called again on the 4th I was told that it was under consideration so for all those who are waiting dont get discouraged by the long wait caseworkers might just have been on holidays.

Cheers
Jozzy

justice122

Re: Tier 1 approval received today

Post by justice122 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:11 am

Basically, seems like they are sending visas in batch's.

By looking at the timelines of various applicants on the forum, no one who hasnt applied for the urgent treatment for the fresh tier-1 application within UK has got there stuff back since 7th Aug.

Its the same situation as when HO went quite between 25july till 5th Aug and then all of a sudden a lot of people who applied between 1st June till 10th got there Visas except few cases. i think this week or next week will be the turn of people who applied between 10th and 20th JUNE.

Just an Observation.................

Hope this helps!

Regards

So my theory seems to be right. Hopefully!!

Congrats Jozzy!

:)

I applied on the 9th June, HO recieved it on the 10th June, got reference letter on 13th, Visa stamped 21st July, Received by Recorded delivery this morning.
Ref No. PB308.

P.S when I called on the 29th of July I was told that no decision had been made and when I called again on the 4th I was told that it was under consideration so for all those who are waiting dont get discouraged by the long wait caseworkers might just have been on holidays.

Cheer
Jozzy

tier1applicant

Post by tier1applicant » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:31 am

Congrats Jozzy..! Did you sent in any Urgent Treatment request at all..?

[quote]You may be right. Just to share my good news

Ref No. PB308.

Cheers
Jozzy[/quote]

darksun

Post by darksun » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:35 am

Congrats mate.

So they stamped visa on 21st July but when you called them on 29th July, they said still no decision? did I get it right? So they don't give correct info about the status?

jozzy wrote:

Ref No. PB308.

Cheers
Jozzy

marbin
Newly Registered

Post by marbin » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:51 am

Dear Faisal,
Many many congrats!!. I am also the same situation like you but my case is straight forward. I applied with my consequtive 11 payslips (got 20 points from earnings), UK salary, HSBC bank statement and UK masters certificate. We are expecting our first baby in first week of october this year. I need to sponsor my mom to come UK end of september (atleast) to stay with my wifes labour time. So i need to send fax and e-mail to HO asap to get my passport back so that i can bring my mom before september.

Is it possible for you to give me a guideline, how i will fax them, what kind of proof i need to fax and a format if you have please?

Visa Category: IGS to Tier 1 - Leave to remain
I applied on 16th July.
Payment taken: 17th July
Reference Number received: 20 th July (Dated 17th July)

Many thanks in advance!!!

Marbin
faisalliaqat wrote:Hello friends,

Glad to share the good news of me receiving the Tier-1 visa valid for 3 years. Here are the details:

Application type: IGS to Tier 1 General
Date sent: 17 June 2008
Reached HO: 18 June 2008
Payment Taken: 18 June 2008
HO Ref: PB30910****
Approval letter dated: 30 July 2008
Stamping date: 08 August 2008
Documents received: 09 August 2008

I sent an urgent treatment request by email and fax on 7th August 2008 which is probably why I received my documents soon afterwards. Documentation wise it was a straight forward case as I provided original UK degree, letters from employers (worked part-time as well), bank statements and IELTS test report. Some points to mention which I was a bit worried about in the beginning:

1- 3 months of the earning period were on student visa when I had submitted my MSc dissertation and was waiting for final results. The contract at that time was 3 months fixed-term so it was valid earning.

2- Bank statements provided were duplicate from HSBC which were not signed but sent directly from HSBC by post and had 'DUPLICATE' written on them. So it is proved that they are acceptable.

3- Took advantage of the transitional arrangements for maintenance funds and showed a closing balance of more than £800 in the past month for the maintenance funds.

I think for some reasons the HO is taking much time in stamping and returning the documents so if you have a valid urgency, try the urgent treatment request, it does work.

Thanks for your support, its a great forum and good luck to all who are waiting.

Cheers,

Faisal

jozzy
Newly Registered

Post by jozzy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:25 pm

[quote="tier1applicant"]Congrats Jozzy..! Did you sent in any Urgent Treatment request at all..?

No I didn't