ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Charles1111
Newly Registered
South Africa

Uk visa

Post by Charles1111 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:36 pm

Hii
My name is charles and i need some info..

I am married to my british wife
And she just moved to the UK and is curently living with her mother.
I am applying for a visitors visa
Do i need the unabridged mariage certificate to proof that i am her wife and that my mother in law (her mom) and also my sponser is realy my mother in law or can i just use the original marriage certificate, becuase home affairs say it wil be ready in 6 months and i cant wait that long, pleas anybody that may help.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Uk visa

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:14 pm

Hello

You need to demonstrate your relationship to the sponsor. You are doing the right thing.

However, most importantly, you need to show you have strong attachment to your home country (work, economic/social ties...). If they feel you have more ties in the UK then in your home country, they may refuse you because of that.